+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone know when the parents enter Canada as Permanent Resident do they need to declare their assets, financials etc? What all they can declare?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Does anyone know when the parents enter Canada as Permanent Resident do they need to declare their assets, financials etc? What all they can declare?
They can declare unlimited wealth or assets. Better to consult estate lawyers or experienced financial advisors on such issues.
You need to understand future consequences of declaring such assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: AradhanaDakua

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I believe that's part of their first tax return that they will filed. Better consult with an accountant. They should have the information/documents ready when they are still in the home country (may be easier to get those statements/documents). But I don't think that they have to declared at the border. It's usually goods to follow and what they are bringing with them that need to be declared.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
+
Thats true , my question was has anyone on this forum travelled via Germany on the visa issued on Indian passport for PR landing?
It may be hard to get that answer here as not many visit this thread because most PGP 2019 applicants are frustrated by now.

Reactions: anand_r

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
What's the timeline after submitting 2nd PCC to decision made at CPC-M?

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
What's the timeline after submitting 2nd PCC to decision made at CPC-M?
When my mom got her PCC. It takes a week for the decision made email.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I believe that's part of their first tax return that they will filed. Better consult with an accountant. They should have the information/documents ready when they are still in the home country (may be easier to get those statements/documents). But I don't think that they have to declared at the border. It's usually goods to follow and what they are bringing with them that need to be declared.
Properties can be declared later but I think any fund in cash or bank transfer has to be declared at the time of landing. @AradhanaDakua

Reactions: AradhanaDakua

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello everyone, We received a request to do 2nd time medical on May 19th, as the first medical got expired. Before the medical request, we also got a pre-arrival service letter. Today on the portal it says medical passed as we did the medical May 25th. The wait is really frustrating, any ideas what might be the next steps ? Should I reach out to the local MPP ?

Please kindly advise based on your experience.

**please note : We are Islamabad applicant, but mother is currently visiting Canada so we did medicals from here. In case of PPR, do we need to go back and submit passport in ISB embassy , is there something that can be done from here ?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: laxsun

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hi, I asked on the other topic, but no answer. We submitted application in April 2019 and finally we received request for medical and criminal record.
We are sponsoring wife's parents. She has a brother, but he is over 18 and we are not sponsoring him, but the immigration asked to provide medical for him, as well as police clearance for every country where he reside more than 6 months.
It doesn't make any sense why they are asking for medical and police clearance if we are not sponsoring him, could that be an error by officer or he will also get the PR?

Problem here is not medical nor police clearance, but the fact that he has to obtain police clearance from every place since 18, where he reside more than 6 months. If he is getting the PR it may be well worth, but I doubt. He lived in 3 or 4 other countries for more than six months so it would be a nightmare to get all those clearances.

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi, my parents' passport expires in 2023. They are in Canada on Visitor Visa now and their application for PGP is in progress. If they get PR, what will be the validity of the same? (will it end on the expiry of the current passport)?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone, We received a request to do 2nd time medical on May 19th, as the first medical got expired. Before the medical request, we also got a pre-arrival service letter. Today on the portal it says medical passed as we did the medical May 25th. The wait is really frustrating, any ideas what might be the next steps ? Should I reach out to the local MPP ?

Please kindly advise based on your experience.

**please note : We are Islamabad applicant, but mother is currently visiting Canada so we did medicals from here. In case of PPR, do we need to go back and submit passport in ISB embassy , is there something that can be done from here ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Did you update IRCC that she is in Canada? There should be instruction to submit passport here or do eCOPR to land if she is in Canada (I don't know what are the options now). I think some other members can tell you the current process but regardless, you can follow the instruction on the PPR.