+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello group,

Please I have a question.

My mum’s application was received in 2019. She visited in 2021 and had to extend her stay and completed a medical in June 2021. Fast forward to April 2022, CIC requested for a medical for her PR application. I was wondering, since the medical completed for her extension is still valid can she use that for the PR application. I have tried calling multiple times without a response and have sent a message with the IRCC web forms explaining the situation and requesting the medicals get linked with required documentations from the previous medical. Anyone with similar experience in the past?
I don't know if that's worth the effort to try to contact them. Medical is only good for 1 year. So the medical she did in June 2021 is only good for another month? June 2022... Unless she landed before June 2022, they will need new medical from her anyway.

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello @laxsun received today medical instruction letter as well as police clearance certificate letter in gc key
Application june 14 2019
Biometric instructions letter 23rd February 2022
Biometric completed 1st march 2022
Sponsorship approval letter 3rd march 2022
Processing started at Vancouver for PA on March 17 2022
Local visa office Vancouver
Country of parents India
Pre arrival service letter 3rd may 2022
Medical and PCC letter 4th may 2022
PCC uploaded 5th may 2022
Medical booked appointment---- 14th may 2022
Tracker updated with above info.
Didn't they request for any additional docs like travel history and CV?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I have a question people, any help will be super appreciated
My parents have now recieved thier 3rd medical requests because 2 previous ones are expired. Is anyone else in the same boat and what are you doing now? I am very close to just withdrawing the application
Dear at least they are talking with you and your file is not in deep freezer. It’s once in life time opportunity, people have waited for many years to get selected to apply . By waiting you loose nothing. I take medical test positively. They also provide test results to us which I consider annual medical checkup and feel good that every thing ok , clean chit .

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
For those whose parents landed last few weeks/months at Pearson, how long did it take to get PR card, or still waiting for how long?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
For those whose parents landed last few weeks/months at Pearson, how long did it take to get PR card, or still waiting for how long?
Hope someone will answer your query.
Most posters vanish from this thread once their parents land.
You may create another thread for PR Card timelines.

Reactions: kulb

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question people, any help will be super appreciated
My parents have now recieved thier 3rd medical requests because 2 previous ones are expired. Is anyone else in the same boat and what are you doing now? I am very close to just withdrawing the application
It’s really up to you. If they never get the opportunity to get PR ever again would you regret not doing another medical? You and your parents are the only ones who know your future plans and whether they want to come live in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
quick question : Can a visitor visa be applied for Parents and dependent brother while their application is taking forever to process ?
The brother won’t have access to things like free schooling and a younger brother may have more difficulty extending his stay in Canada if he should be attending school in his home country for example

Reactions: rockwidme

Joe_123

May 5, 2022
I don't know if that's worth the effort to try to contact them. Medical is only good for 1 year. So the medical she did in June 2021 is only good for another month? June 2022... Unless she landed before June 2022, they will need new medical from her anyway.
Thanks YVR123. You make lots of sense. Cheers.

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Hello everyone,

Here are my timelines, but still waiting for the outcomes.

Parents sponsorship application- June 2019
Eligibility as a sponsor, approved- Nov 2020
PCC and background document request- Jan 2021
Medical for parents Passed- July 2021
Current Application Status- In process
Total months so far - 35 months
Country - Pakistan

Please update tracker for me . Finger crossed , still waiting and waiting... its already 34 months since documents submitted in June 2019

Looks like processing time is nearly 3 years now. The CIC website says 33 months is the average processing time but they update it weekly based on the applications approved. Very frustrating

Last edited:

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
Hello group,

Please I have a question.

My mum’s application was received in 2019. She visited in 2021 and had to extend her stay and completed a medical in June 2021. Fast forward to April 2022, CIC requested for a medical for her PR application. I was wondering, since the medical completed for her extension is still valid can she use that for the PR application. I have tried calling multiple times without a response and have sent a message with the IRCC web forms explaining the situation and requesting the medicals get linked with required documentations from the previous medical. Anyone with similar experience in the past?
Get new medical done as soon as possible, I had same situation, waisted 5 months, sent them many emails, webform and earlier medical results, they never replied or updated file with medical results received. After 5 month waist I did medical and it appeared online within 2-3 weeks.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello everyone,

Here are my timelines, but still waiting for the outcomes.

Parents sponsorship application- June 2019
Eligibility as a sponsor, approved- Nov 2020
PCC and background document request- Jan 2021
Medical for parents Passed- July 2021
Current Application Status- In process
Total months so far - 35 months
Country - Pakistan

Please update tracker for me . Finger crossed , still waiting and waiting... its already 34 months since documents submitted in June 2019

Looks like processing time is nearly 3 years now. The CIC website says 33 months is the average processing time but they update it weekly based on the applications approved. Very frustrating
I know how you feel. Hang in there. Same timeline as yours. We just got decision made April 25, 2022.

Komarick

Jan 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

our data is not in the tracker but IRCC just requested my Mom's passport, so I thought I'd add the timeline.

AOR letter from CIC - April 24, 2019
Parents sponsorship application submitted - June 24, 2019
Request to resend IMM 5669 form with the actual signature instead of electronic signature - October 29, 2019
Eligibility as a sponsor, approved - September 29, 2021
PCC and background documents request- March 4, 2022
PCC and background documents submitted - April 3, 2022
IME request - March 16, 2022
Medical for parents Passed - April 4, 2022
Pre-arrival services letter - April 26, 2022
PPR letter - May 3, 2022
Passport submitted to VFS in Moscow, Russia - May 6, 2022
Current Application Status in E-case - Decision Made

Country - Russia
CIC Office - Mississauga

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese