+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hey guys, I am not sure what is happening with my application. I received Pre-arrival back in November from the London VO and since then nothing. I contacted the office and they responded with a generic answer that application is in process blah blah blah. Contacted the MP and they came back with reasoning that some verification are still missing. It has been almost 6 months since pre-arrival. Any ideas what these verifications are that are taking this long?
May 29th applicant here. Med and Police were done back in June last year

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Good morning everyone,

Can anyone please advise on my current situation ?. I currently doing an application for my parents and have a question regarding my father sistuation.

There is a question : "Has your family member ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?" which I plan to answer "yes".

However, this charge is back in 1999, when my father was charged with disturbance of public peace and obstructing the duty officers, during a peace march in our country. It was more than 20 years ago and now this charge is expired and was completely removed from his criminal record.

What would you guys doing in this situation. Please advise. Thank you.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
well take it easy, if you have an active TB, you have to treat it according to Canadian treatments if you applied for student,worker,pr visa in order to get approved. My uncle took 2 yrs treatment before visa approved.
I have never heard visa visitors got free treatment if this happens many active TB will apply for a visitor visa to access free treatment.
Anyway, it does not matter from personal experiences. everything about Immigration Matters should be legalized and posted publicly on IRCC website.
Did your uncle diagnose positive for TB?

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Hello @laxsun. Received pre arrival service letter today. 3rd may 2022
June 14 2019 application
Started processing jan 28 2020
Sponsorship approval letter issued 3rd march 2022
Biometric letter 23rd February 2022
Biometric completed 1st march 2022.
No PCC letter no medical yet
Local visa office Vancouver
Parents from India-punjab

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello @laxsun. Received pre arrival service letter today. 3rd may 2022
June 14 2019 application
Started processing jan 28 2020
Sponsorship approval letter issued 3rd march 2022
Biometric letter 23rd February 2022
Biometric completed 1st march 2022.
No PCC letter no medical yet
Local visa office Vancouver
Parents from India-punjab
Thanks for the updates to put in the tracker.
This is the first case I have seen of receiving pre-arrival service letter without having gone through PCC and medical.
Did your parents have medical examinations for super-visa?

Last edited:

db5234

May 27, 2011
This is the first case I have seen of receiving pre-arrival service letter without having gone through PCC and medical.
I got pre-arrival before medical last week. Office was Vancouver too…but then they sent medical and police report about 12 hours later.

Reactions: laxsun

hbakhai89

Sep 16, 2019
I have a question people, any help will be super appreciated
My parents have now recieved thier 3rd medical requests because 2 previous ones are expired. Is anyone else in the same boat and what are you doing now? I am very close to just withdrawing the application

• Sad
Reactions: rockwidme

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
My parents have now recieved thier 3rd medical requests because 2 previous ones are expired. Is anyone else in the same boat and what are you doing now? I am very close to just withdrawing the application
Oh this process is a pain! I hear ya,I am fed up equally.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Oh this process is a pain! I hear ya,I am fed up equally.
Hi. Hang in there if you still can. My mom had to do 3 medicals as the first one got expired. 2nd need to do medical surveillance when she was visiting here then another medical this year and the 4th once she lands here.

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
My parents 2nd medical is going to expire in july 2022. Status showing in progress from last 9 months.

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
No they have visitor visa only. Never applied for supervisa
they are in India

CEC Applicant - 21

Dec 8, 2015
My Parents first two medicals have expired already. Received second PCC request in March 2022. Waiting for them to send me third medical request. I am as frustrated as you are but do we have a choice rather than to wait.

I have reached out to local MP to get status on my application couple of times, I hope that will help to expedite the process.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
quick question : Can a visitor visa be applied for Parents and dependent brother while their application is taking forever to process ?