+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
you should get another email when the eCOPR is ready. alternatively, you can login to the portal account and check if eCOPR is already there (in case u missed the email) . Date you became PR is the date of issue on eCOPR.

PR card will come later on (i believe someone mentioned processing time of 106 days?) No need to apply for PR card separately - it should be in process automatically once eCOPR is issued.
Alhamdulillah, today afternoon , eCOPR along with a mail received.Thanks

sheenathomas21

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus/warsaw
NOC Code......
3152 and 6241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may -13- 2009
Doc's Request.
june-15-2009
AOR Received.
august -7-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
june -23-2009
Med's Request
6-8-2012
Med's Done....
11-8-2012 medicals received in london20/8/12 rprf encashed on 27/8/12
Passport Req..
19/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2013
LANDED..........
27/07/2013
Hi I applied for my parents sponsorship in 2019 and they got passport request in 2021. My father was the principal applicant and my mom was dependent. At the time passport request was sent my mom was in Canada on a visitor visa and my father was in India. My father submitted his passport and got his Copr. But my mom couldn't submit her passport because she was in Canada . I did sent many web forms but no reply yet. Eventually in November she went back to India. Now they want to land in Canada in June as my fathers COPR will expire in July. I was waiting for a reply from CIC and till now no reply. We took tickets for both of them in June. Not sure how my mom can get COPR. They asked re medicals for my father not for my mother when it expired. My mom has still has valid visitors visa. Please let me know what should i do in this situation.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hello, I just received gms note today
Look like they will schedule for my mom an interview. Does anyone here experience any pgp interview like my application?

Why they need an interview? They already clarify that my mom is my biological mother….I am so confused :(

ksdesai

Mar 29, 2022
Hi, when VFS courier picks up passport for PR visa stamping- do we know how long it takes to get the passport back in India? Also how do you track the progress after courier picks up Passport?
I got it in couple of weeks. Sent on 04th April 2022 and received it on 19th April.

Reactions: Naz786

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I applied for my parents sponsorship in 2019 and they got passport request in 2021. My father was the principal applicant and my mom was dependent. At the time passport request was sent my mom was in Canada on a visitor visa and my father was in India. My father submitted his passport and got his Copr. But my mom couldn't submit her passport because she was in Canada . I did sent many web forms but no reply yet. Eventually in November she went back to India. Now they want to land in Canada in June as my fathers COPR will expire in July. I was waiting for a reply from CIC and till now no reply. We took tickets for both of them in June. Not sure how my mom can get COPR. They asked re medicals for my father not for my mother when it expired. My mom has still has valid visitors visa. Please let me know what should i do in this situation.
If your father is the principal applicant, he should land alone in June.

We were in the same boat few years ago: FIL was in home country, while MIL was in Canada. MIL flew to home country, submitted her passport, got COPR together, and then landed together.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Look like they will schedule for my mom an interview. Does anyone here experience any pgp interview like my application?

Why they need an interview? They already clarify that my mom is my biological mother….I am so confused :(
what is the wording on GCMS? have you received a formal interview request?

VENCanada

Apr 20, 2022
Got biometrics request on Feb 2020, provided them, then got notification that application was sent to Mexico Embassy. No more updates.

Anyone here has information about Mexico Embassy applications status?

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019

Hello everyone
We submitted everything on portal on April 18 no E-copr yet

has any knowledge how long takes to take E-copr

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
Usually it’s same day if all documents are correct and landing fee is paid in full. Make sure to select each applicant in portal and scroll all the way down to download eCOPR.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
Could someone please correct me if I am wrong? Parents after becoming permanent resident are not eligible to receive old age security or CPP. Thank you