+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Mine application is of 14 June 2019. Biometric done on 01-03-2022
Sponsorship approval letter was received in first week of march 2022.local visa office allocated Vancouver. No medical or pcc letter yet.
I am surprised how can IRCC process application of 2020 and 2021 batches of PGP without first clearing PGP 2019 application.
Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees are affecting only PGP 2019 applicants. What a sorry state of affairs by a developed country like canada.

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Sponsorship approval letter was received in first week of march 2022.local visa office allocated Vancouver. No medical or pcc letter yet.
I am surprised how can IRCC process application of 2020 and 2021 batches of PGP without first clearing PGP 2019 application.
Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees are affecting only PGP 2019 applicants. What a sorry state of affairs by a developed country like canada.
PGP 2020 and 2021 are almost same , on fast track but 2019 is behind & affected always by Ukrain & Afghanistan crisis.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Agreed! I am not sure how do they expect us to wait endlessly! Despite submitting all of the documents, processing times way beyond normal, they expect us to wait! wow!

Reactions: g_gurna

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Our Application was approved on 8 th April . We the applicants are in canada since October 25,2022.Pre arrival letter also received separately in GC key account. We submitted the details as asked from us regarding address & dates since we entered canada & other details on 9th April ( Saturday). On Monday , 11th April 22 ircc send a link PR portal where we uploaded photos & address for E COPR & PR Card.My question is when will get ECOPR & whether process of Virtual landing completed or not & what is date since we became Permanent residents.?

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Our Application was approved on 8 th April . We the applicants are in canada since October 25,2022.Pre arrival letter also received separately in GC key account. We submitted the details as asked from us regarding address & dates since we entered canada & other details on 9th April ( Saturday). On Monday , 11th April 22 ircc send a link PR portal where we uploaded photos & address for E COPR & PR Card.My question is when will get ECOPR & whether process of Virtual landing completed or not & what is date since we became Permanent residents.?
you should get another email when the eCOPR is ready. alternatively, you can login to the portal account and check if eCOPR is already there (in case u missed the email) . Date you became PR is the date of issue on eCOPR.

PR card will come later on (i believe someone mentioned processing time of 106 days?) No need to apply for PR card separately - it should be in process automatically once eCOPR is issued.

Preeti C

Mar 21, 2022
You can personally go to the closest VFS Global location or you can arrange a pickup by contacting them. VFS will arrange a 2 way courier so that courier guy could come and pick up the package. Make sure the package has all the VFS forms, Passport submission request, and passport. You will be required to prepare separate packages, one for your Mother, and one for your Father. Call VFS Global, here is the website with VFS phone numbers https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/contact-us

Here is the email we received when VFS arranged a 2 way courier:

Greetings from VFS Global Services!

We are in receipt of your request for passport pick-up via. 2-way courier for your IRCC Visa Application.

The Airway Bill Number (AWB) for pick-up of your passport is xxxxxxxxxxx. The package will be collected from the address provided by you while filling the web form in the next 3 to 5 working days. There may be a delay in pickup and drop of passports as against the stated time, in case of any Government restriction in your area due to COVID or otherwise.

We request you to prepare your envelope / package for pick - up soon after receiving this message. It is recommended that any travel bookings are made only after receiving the processed passport back from the Visa Office.

Instructions to be followed:
Failure to follow the below protocol may lead to further delay in processing of your application.
1. Ensure there is only 1 packet per applicant & include the following in each of the package,
- SMS / Courier return form
- Consent form from all adult applicants(18 plus)
- Passport transmission letter for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for.
- Current and Valid passport for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for (Kindly do not submit old passports)

2. It is mandatory to submit all the above documents duly completed as required by the High Commission along with the Current Valid Passport.

3. Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue Dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

To,
The Officer
VFS Global Canada

Note:
1. Please do not send any paper applications and supporting documents using this service. The service as mentioned on the website is a Courier Pick up of Passport Submission for Online Lodged applications, hence VFS is not permitted to process paper applications through this service.
2. The courier provider will only pick up sealed packages and the accuracy of the documents, the condition of the passports, and the payment of correct charges remain on the Applicant.
3. In the case of a family, a separate AWB will be created for each Applicant and thus the Applicant will need to create a separate package for each Applicant with all the required documents.
4. The courier provider will pick up the package (1500hrs -2000hrs) Monday to Saturday and will only give two attempts for pickup.
5. Packages received with incomplete documentation will be sent back to you un-processed at your cost. In order to rebook the services complete charges would be required to be paid again.
6. Any refund requests should be raised via the webform only with complete details in order to ensure faster processing time https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/. Any transaction charges or loss due to exchange rate fluctuation which arise upon processing a refund of Service Fees shall be borne solely by you. Transaction Charges will be deducted from the final amount to be refunded. Loss due to bank charges and difference in exchange rate will be borne by the customer and VFS is not liable to pay any interest on this amount.

Best regards,

Canada Passport Submission Desk - India

VFS GLOBAL
EST.2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com | https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/indexa.html
Hello,
Thanks for this info. Can I ask you a question?
My father is the primary applicant. I added my mother as dependent. Her name is not on the passport submission letter. How can I create 2 packages?
Thanks

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I received a request for PCC and submitted it last week.

Can anyone kindly guide re. next steps assuming its passport request? Also, how long does it normally take to receive passport request after submission of PCC?

thank you.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I brought that letter with me indicating you PR application has been approved, they did not accept and ask for COPR so I did not argue.
The officer also gave me a Ministry of Health and Long Term Care form, which is titled "Eligibility Assessment" and asked me to to fax it to the General Manager OHIP if I wanted to get the decision reviewed. I don't think I'm eligible so I didn't send it for review, but I would suggest you to do it. So, get the "Eligibility Assessment" form from any Service Ontario branch, have it filled by an officer and fax it on the number given. I think you are now eligible and would be issued the OHIP card.

MdHasheem

Dec 18, 2013
Hi, when VFS courier picks up passport for PR visa stamping- do we know how long it takes to get the passport back in India? Also how do you track the progress after courier picks up Passport?

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
How did you submitted the details? please let us know! We are waiting for virtual landing link since September 2021!

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi. I just received a request for 2nd Medical. First medical pass date is May 28, 2021. Just wondering why I got the request even before the 1st medical expired. Should I send a webform or just go ahead with the 2nd medical. I also submitted PCC last May, so should I submit another PCC in advance even though it has not been requested again. Thanks.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
I got Portal request on April 14th,, submitted all same day and got eCOPR same day.

Last edited:

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
The officer also gave me a Ministry of Health and Long Term Care form, which is titled "Eligibility Assessment" and asked me to to fax it to the General Manager OHIP if I wanted to get the decision reviewed. I don't think I'm eligible so I didn't send it for review, but I would suggest you to do it. So, get the "Eligibility Assessment" form from any Service Ontario branch, have it filled by an officer and fax it on the number given. I think you are now eligible and would be issued the OHIP card.
I got my OHIP card already (temporary). I brought copy of eCOPR with application.

Reactions: Hamied