+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello, Congratulations to you and family. What I did before, 5-6 years ago and I can confirm it is still happening, just tell you parents to print the letter out, take their photos and passport and printed letter to a travel agency in Iran. They will charge them a fee and will take their passport and documents to Turkey and will get it processed in a VAC office and as soon as they get it back, they will bring you the passport and COPR back.

other option is for your Mother and brother to travel to Turkey themselves and go to VAC and get it processed themselves. And because the embassy is in Ankara, of course going to VAC office in Ankara will be much faster.

good luck and all the best.

Just curious! If the parents go personally to VFS Turkey, Would VFS Turkey return the passport on the same day or how much time do they take? Because I am assuming the parents will need their passports for returning to Iran.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
A suggestion for those having parents in Canada and waiting for PR approval process:

OHIP card requires the COPR document, foreign passport and a Canadian address proof document. I would advise to prepare the last document ahead of time. Easiest way is to apply for Ontario ID card or Drivers License. Also an option is to open a bank account or get a postpaid phone line.

With Ontario ID card and DL , you have to wait for 2-3 weeks for ID to arrive in mail.
With bank account or phone, you will have to wait for a month, as the Service Ontario folks ask for the monthly statement that gets mailed to your home

If you do this after you get COPR, there will be roughly a one month wait (or whatever time it takes you to get the address proof) to get the OHIP card.

My father had gotten DL, so he got the OHIP card right away. For my mom and mother-in-law, we now have to pursue one of the options

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Just curious! If the parents go personally to VFS Turkey, Would VFS Turkey return the passport on the same day or how much time do they take? Because I am assuming the parents will need their passports for returning to Iran.
Hello,
I think it is about 3-4 business days. Don’t quote me on this. But for sure it won’t be the same day.
The easiest way is doing it through the travel agencies in Iran, unless you have a place in Turkey to stay for a week or two to wait for the returned passport. Hope this helps.

thesaiyan

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did you request ATIP notes?
I requested on Jan 10 and haven't received anything. I followed up twice recently but nobody bothered to reply either. Do they provide ATIP randomly as well?! Just take someone's money and then ignore them?!

MP learned from IRCC in March that my file had cleared background check and had been in the process of being finalized. Then almost a month has passed and nothing happened.
I requested notes on Feb 20th and got the reply on March 23rd. It is very weird you never got them. Maybe try requesting again? I know it's 5$ lost.

I requested another notes last week. Will report back when I get them.

grewal89

Oct 19, 2020
1. Proof of income itself is Option C that you can download from CRA MyAccount.
2. Both of you have to sign IMM1344 and Financial Evaluation Form.
Take it easy and fill the forms without rush to make everything clear to the case officer.
I have got the same email last week. What id I dont want to add cosigner do I still need to fill out the forms again and submit?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I have got the same email last week. What id I dont want to add cosigner do I still need to fill out the forms again and submit?
I am not aware of your circumstances. However, if you send something in the response your case will have a better chance of being looked upon.

rorai

Nov 9, 2017
has anyone received medical request after getting passport request letter? My parents medicals expired now and they are asking to take tests again. We received passport request letter 6 months ago.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

Quick question:

I am uploading PCC on mycic. just before submission, it asks for Declaration and Electronic signature. Can the sponsor sign it electronically or does it have to be the applicant?

I am sponsoring my mother in this case.

Thanks.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
hope someone can quickly answer. When you get portal request and they ask to send email you want use can I send my email address or have to make a new one for each parent? they don't know about it stuff.

mkharidas47

Apr 4, 2022
Hello, I finally got Passport request from NDVO. My dad lives in Delhi and I am the sponsor in Canada. For submitting passport, vfs requires online payment but it wouldn't accept my Canadian Credit Card and it says payment failed. My dad is old school and doesn't have a debit or credit card. Did anyone face a similar issue? Thanks!
I tried to use my Canadian Card as well but it won't go through. I think you need an Indian Card. But if I am remember correctly, they had other options too. like using net banking or any UPI app such as paytm.

rorai

Nov 9, 2017
hope someone can quickly answer. When you get portal request and they ask to send email you want use can I send my email address or have to make a new one for each parent? they don't know about it stuff.
how soon did you get this after the passport request letter?

mkharidas47

Apr 4, 2022
I received a request to submit my passport. My parents live in Vadodara. How can they send my passport? Do they go in person to submit passports? @YuliaYulia @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese.
VFS told me to fill out a web form to arrange a 2-way courier service. Said that an in-person visit to the VAC for passport submission or collection is strictly prohibited due to COVID restrictions. This was from April 10th.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I was told my file was transferred over to the Vancouver Office on April 1st from LVO. It is only pending 'security', any one knows how long it'll typically takes for a security to clear? PCC's have been submitted back in October last year!