+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Did you get pre-arrival service letter? if so how long after you got PR approval?
for my MIL file, i got PPR in a week (applicant outside canada) after the pre-service arrival

for my parents, after i got pre service arrival, i also got a request for pcc , which took us 1.5 months to fulfill .. and then two more weeks later, got the PR approval letter (applicant in-canada)

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I have in same situation as MP’s office updated - what I understood this is IRCC work sharing procedure when any visa office overwhelmed with work load
It help to move application - we just have to wait and see - hope for good
Thank you - What stage is your file at? Mine seems to be stuck at security.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Same here, My file was in mississauga office, then sent to New Delhi office, stayed there for 3 months and found a surprise that file is in Vancouver office. I also heard that they are really slow in processing PGP files.
Thank you - What stage is your file at? Mine seems to be stuck at security.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
for my MIL file, i got PPR in a week (applicant outside canada) after the pre-service arrival

for my parents, after i got pre service arrival, i also got a request for pcc , which took us 1.5 months to fulfill .. and then two more weeks later, got the PR approval letter (applicant in-canada)
Hi,
Yes my parents file was moved to Vancouver as well Came to know abt it when they asked for Canadian police certificate. I guess they moved the files from london to Vancouver.
Hi, so how do we know if the file has been moved. From the email address and email itself? My mother's file is in London and last week I received pre-arrival services letter via email donotreply@cic.gc.ca.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
guys, any help on the timelines for virtual landing, after letting visa office know, that principal applicant is in canada? It has been week and I have not heard anything yet.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hello, I finally got Passport request from NDVO. My dad lives in Delhi and I am the sponsor in Canada. For submitting passport, vfs requires online payment but it wouldn't accept my Canadian Credit Card and it says payment failed. My dad is old school and doesn't have a debit or credit card. Did anyone face a similar issue? Thanks!

Juju2022

Apr 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have FINALLY received the passport request from Vancouver office. Since my brother has a medical condition we were worried that they refuse him after the medical but they did not!

My mom and my brother are in Iran so we have to send their passports to Turkey's VFS. I am just not sure how exactly that works even though I read all the instructions on the letter and on the vfs's website. So, I guess, I just pay the fees and mail the original passports to them along with photographs and other requirement forms/ documents?

And also any ideas if Ankara is better than Istanbul with regards to processing time or vice versa ?!

Many thanks. I am new to this group but I find it amazing how supportive everyone is!

Reactions: serious_cheese

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Hello everyone,

I have FINALLY received the passport request from Vancouver office. Since my brother has a medical condition we were worried that they refuse him after the medical but they did not!

My mom and my brother are in Iran so we have to send their passports to Turkey's VFS. I am just not sure how exactly that works even though I read all the instructions on the letter and on the vfs's website. So, I guess, I just pay the fees and mail the original passports to them along with photographs and other requirement forms/ documents?

And also any ideas if Ankara is better than Istanbul with regards to processing time or vice versa ?!

Many thanks. I am new to this group but I find it amazing how supportive everyone is!
Hello, Congratulations to you and family. What I did before, 5-6 years ago and I can confirm it is still happening, just tell you parents to print the letter out, take their photos and passport and printed letter to a travel agency in Iran. They will charge them a fee and will take their passport and documents to Turkey and will get it processed in a VAC office and as soon as they get it back, they will bring you the passport and COPR back.

other option is for your Mother and brother to travel to Turkey themselves and go to VAC and get it processed themselves. And because the embassy is in Ankara, of course going to VAC office in Ankara will be much faster.

good luck and all the best.

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022

are you with Vancouver office? or was transferred to Vancouver office.

Preeti C

Mar 21, 2022
Hello @laxsun

Please update
Received third medical request today after sending web form to inform Ndvo about my parents that they are here in Canada.
they got the passport request on Feb 5th 2022 from Ndv.

thanks
3rd medical request? If you got passport request, then why are they sending another medical request? Sorry I am just nervous about this. My parent's file stuck in mississauga after 2nd Medical, which is going to expire in 5 months. June 2019 application.