+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good morning members,
I have sponsored my parents who are both living in Senegal, I have received an email to provide what's on the list but I am unclear how they can do and provide their Criminal records / Fingers print to an RCMP office when they don't live in Canada?
I am hoping someone can help me here in regards to point 8 of this request, and why there are 2 Options 8 in the document:

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

1 Passport(s) OR photocopy (ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. Please note that you will need your passport to undergo your medical examination and biometrics. Please do not send your passport until you have attended your medical examination and provided biometrics.
2 Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications. (See attachment). If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3 The “Updated Information Chart” fully completed for you and your family member (whether accompanying or not). One sheet per family. (See attachment).
4 A medical exam for you and member of your family (if applicable). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx (select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Immigration, Refugees and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.
5 Form Schedule A-IMM5669 updated for both. You must answer all questions. Pay attention to questions 7-8 and 12 and make sure to give us all your activities and addresses since your 18th birthday and not only for the last 10 years. No period should remain unexplained. The dates and months must follow each other. If you do not mention all periods, the processing of your application will be delayed.The principal applicant, his spouse and /or partner, if applicable, and all children over 18 years old must complete this form (if applicable).
6 Recent original police certificate from Senegal for both. If you do not submit the requested police certificate, the processing of your application will be delayed.
7 The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and for your spouse. The payment of the RPRF of 490$ must be sent to the CPC-Mississauga for the cost recovery. Your sponsor in Canada must make the payment of the RPRF and must send the original receipt of payment to CPC-Mississauga. You must indicate on the receipt of payment your references (first name, last name, personal ID number, file number). The RPRF of 490$ can’t be paid abroad.
Please send us a copy of the RPRF receipt.
  1. A new requirement has come into force regarding the Biometric program. For full details please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp. You will need to go to one of these offices to undergo biometrics. Biometric fees of 85 $ CAD have to be paid. If you have already paid the biometrics fees, you must present yourself at the VAC office with the original receipt of payment. You can take your biometrics at the following VAC offices in. You will find the coordinates of all the VAC offices on their web site at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/index.html. Please note that you will need to present your passport to be able to pass the biometrics. Do not send us the passport until you have completed this requirement.
  1. Criminal records of Canada for both. We had made a request to the RCMP in Canada. However, the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Canada) has requested that you submit your fingerprints to the granting of your criminal record in Canada. You must take your fingerprints to a police and sent to the RCMP in Canada or get closer to the RCMP in Canada to get a criminal record in Canada.
    Please find below a link that will enlighten you on the steps to take your fingerprints.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-fra.htm

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Submitting your passport(s), photos and updated information
Just send an explanation letter to IRCC describing that your parents are not living in Canada.
This letter indicates that your parents were in Canada for some time. If that is not true, include that in the explanation letter.

eyerish

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,
Quick question
We received passport request for my dad on March 14,2022
Currently My father is living in NJ so he posted the passport to CPC Ottawa as per letter via fedex with pre paid envelop with it.
We send passport to CIS on 03/21/2022 and we are trying to track returning envelop but it' s still not active
Do anyone know how long it will take to get our passport back with immigration stamp ??
What is the processing time for that in Ottawa Canada ?

Thank you

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Quick question
We received passport request for my dad on March 14,2022
Currently My father is living in NJ so he posted the passport to CPC Ottawa as per letter via fedex with pre paid envelop with it.
We send passport to CIS on 03/21/2022 and we are trying to track returning envelop but it' s still not active
Do anyone know how long it will take to get our passport back with immigration stamp ??
What is the processing time for that in Ottawa Canada ?

Thank you
Did PPR include option of sending passport to Ottawa?
To my knowledge, no passport has been stamped for visa in Ottawa recently.
Within Canada, they are doing virtual landing and for other countries local visa offices do stamping.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
There REALLY IS A LIGHT at the end of the tunnel! June 17th, 2019 applicant . My MIL landed in Canada yesterday and got COPR stamped. Same day, got PR approval letters for my parents who are already in Canada. Next step is to wait for the virtual landing for them via the portal.

Hoping and praying for positive happy news for others on this forum! thanks for all the help! It was a good support to rely on each other

One thing I would say for sponsors with parents already in Canada - if you are just waiting for final approval letter, make sure to check the email address of the primary applicant on routine basis. The approval letter is only sent to the primary applicant and not the sponsor/representative. And there is an action that needs to be taken on this email to get to the last step of virtual landing.

My father saw the approval letter about 24 hours after he got it in email. Not a big deal, but it might have been an issue , if it was seen say after a week.

db5234

May 27, 2011
Good morning members,
I have sponsored my parents who are both living in Senegal, I have received an email to provide what's on the list but I am unclear how they can do and provide their Criminal records / Fingers print to an RCMP office when they don't live in Canada?
I am hoping someone can help me here in regards to point 8 of this request, and why there are 2 Options 8 in the document:

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

1 Passport(s) OR photocopy (ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. Please note that you will need your passport to undergo your medical examination and biometrics. Please do not send your passport until you have attended your medical examination and provided biometrics.
2 Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications. (See attachment). If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3 The “Updated Information Chart” fully completed for you and your family member (whether accompanying or not). One sheet per family. (See attachment).
4 A medical exam for you and member of your family (if applicable). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx (select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Immigration, Refugees and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.
5 Form Schedule A-IMM5669 updated for both. You must answer all questions. Pay attention to questions 7-8 and 12 and make sure to give us all your activities and addresses since your 18th birthday and not only for the last 10 years. No period should remain unexplained. The dates and months must follow each other. If you do not mention all periods, the processing of your application will be delayed.The principal applicant, his spouse and /or partner, if applicable, and all children over 18 years old must complete this form (if applicable).
6 Recent original police certificate from Senegal for both. If you do not submit the requested police certificate, the processing of your application will be delayed.
7 The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and for your spouse. The payment of the RPRF of 490$ must be sent to the CPC-Mississauga for the cost recovery. Your sponsor in Canada must make the payment of the RPRF and must send the original receipt of payment to CPC-Mississauga. You must indicate on the receipt of payment your references (first name, last name, personal ID number, file number). The RPRF of 490$ can’t be paid abroad.
Please send us a copy of the RPRF receipt.
  1. A new requirement has come into force regarding the Biometric program. For full details please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp. You will need to go to one of these offices to undergo biometrics. Biometric fees of 85 $ CAD have to be paid. If you have already paid the biometrics fees, you must present yourself at the VAC office with the original receipt of payment. You can take your biometrics at the following VAC offices in. You will find the coordinates of all the VAC offices on their web site at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/index.html. Please note that you will need to present your passport to be able to pass the biometrics. Do not send us the passport until you have completed this requirement.
  1. Criminal records of Canada for both. We had made a request to the RCMP in Canada. However, the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Canada) has requested that you submit your fingerprints to the granting of your criminal record in Canada. You must take your fingerprints to a police and sent to the RCMP in Canada or get closer to the RCMP in Canada to get a criminal record in Canada.
    Please find below a link that will enlighten you on the steps to take your fingerprints.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-fra.htm

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Submitting your passport(s), photos and updated information
What is your visa office?

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

I got PPR on Monday for my parents, but mother (PA) is in Canada and my dad is in India, I have asked for virtual landing for my mother, as per the instructions in the letter (by filling the webform), just wondering, what would be the process for my dad? my Mom has to get her eCOPR first and only then he has to send his passport or can he send his passport, given that we have received that letter? I have read somewhere that PA has to get eCOPR, and then he will request his own COPR? does that make sense? what would be his travel document to come to Canada?

Any help will be appreciated.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Guys how can we make our voices heard? This endless wait from LVO is just pathetic! There is no mechanism to reach out to them. If you email them, they reply back with thier usual scripted answer. They don’t respond to webform.

I’ve bern trying to get a hold of MPs office but they are not answering phone calls. They haven’t even returned my phone call after I left voicemails. I feel so helpless!

Reactions: Hamied

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
My MIL landed in Canada on 04-April. She had gotten a medical surveillance letter with code 2.02. That letter got processed during immigration, but they didn't return it to her. Anyone know the next steps? The original letter had said to visit a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days . Is there a list somewhere?

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
guys, how long does it take to get gmcs note? I order twice, one on Oct 2021, one on Feb 2022.....received nothing till now

I am asking for MP's help, but turn out helpless

the Singapore VO seems dead, are they still working? anyone having application in this VO got update lately?

COVID excuses take the processing endlessssss and took my family's life into desperate

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Guys how can we make our voices heard? This endless wait from LVO is just pathetic! There is no mechanism to reach out to them. If you email them, they reply back with thier usual scripted answer. They don’t respond to webform.

I’ve bern trying to get a hold of MPs office but they are not answering phone calls. They haven’t even returned my phone call after I left voicemails. I feel so helpless!
I have seen media coverage of IRCC's huge backlog a number of times, with the immigration minister making rosy promises blahblahblah. Things aren't any different for the neglected PGP 2019 applicants.
It seems the only thing that might make a splash is litigation, but IRCC recently changed 'normal processing time' from 20-24 months to 32 months, so our wait may still be too short for litigation.

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
guys, how long does it take to get gmcs note? I order twice, one on Oct 2021, one on Feb 2022.....received nothing till now

I am asking for MP's help, but turn out helpless

the Singapore VO seems dead, are they still working? anyone having application in this VO got update lately?

COVID excuses take the processing endlessssss and took my family's life into desperate
I requested on Jan 10 this year and did not receive anything.
I requested in mid 2021 and got them in about a month.
COVID may have ups and downs but things are just going downhill with IRCC.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I have seen media coverage of IRCC's huge backlog a number of times, with the immigration minister making rosy promises blahblahblah. Things aren't any different for the neglected PGP 2019 applicants.
It seems the only thing that might make a splash is litigation, but IRCC recently changed 'normal processing time' from 20-24 months to 32 months, so our wait may still be too short for litigation.
But isn't our applications over 32 months already? My file was received in June 2019, I am counting 34 months already!

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
But isn't our applications over 32 months already? My file was received in June 2019, I am counting 34 months already!
Did IRCC ask you to re-submit any form or documents a few months after you initially sent the package to Ottawa?
32 months counts from the day a 'complete' package is received. If they asked you to re-submit something due to incomplete info, you will have to deduct those months from your wait time. If not, you can count from the initial submission date.
Anyway this is what I learned through MP inquiry. In 2020 I contacted MP for the first time. IRCC told my MP that because I was asked to re-submit a form in Sep. 2019 (initial package received on Jun 12, 2019), my 'complete' application counts from Sep 2019 onwards.

What is your current status? Background check?

Last edited:

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
where do you get 32 months timeline? I checked on CIC website, they still show 20-24 months.....

and even 32 months, seems we already pass that timeline also

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Did IRCC ask you to re-submit any form or documents a few months after you initially sent the package to Ottawa?
32 months counts from the day a 'complete' package is received. If they asked you to re-submit something due to incomplete info, you will have to deduct those months from your wait time. If not, you can count from the initial submission date.
Anyway this is what I learned through MP inquiry. In 2020 I contacted MP for the first time. IRCC told my MP that because I was asked to re-submit a form in Sep. 2019 (initial package received on Jun 12, 2019), my 'complete' application counts from Sep 2019 onwards.

What is your current status? Background check?
Yes, I was asked to resubmit a few documents ( schedule A, Travel history n all) back in October? November last year. Yes, Portal says Background check is in process.