Parents are in india. Sponsorship approval letter was received on March 3 2022
In ecas a line added we started processing your file on march 17,2022
Biometric letter was received on 23 February 2022
Biometric completed on March 1 2022
No medical or pcc letter received yet.

Last edited:

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My mom is scheduled to travel in the next few weeks. Will landing paper & passport be sufficient for OHIP eligibility upon arrival? I see on OHIP website they need following 3 documents:
  • Citizenship/immigration status
  • Residency in Ontario
  • Identity
How does one prove residency upon arrival? She won't have any cellphone, bank account, etc upon arrival as these things take time. Can we apply for photo card, and simultaneously use that as proof of residency in Ontario to apply for OHIP?

brucekei

Apr 19, 2014
According to this article, the backlog for parents & grandparents sponsorship shrunk by 722 from 36,046 to 35,324 applications between Feb 1 and Mar 15, 2022.
To my knowledge, CIC accepted 20k applications in 2019, 10k applications in 2020 and 30k applications in 2021.
Does anybody know how many applications were processed from 2019 and 2020? (afaik, 2021 applicants are still all in process)
I could not find more detailed information online on this on Canada stats, last stats they have are for PGP from 2017.

Assuming around 30k of 35,324 are from 2021, then the remaining 5,324 are from both 2019 and 2020, with the majority being from 2020. However, I'd be very surprised if they processed that many applications from 2020.
The fact that 2020 applicants are receiving PRs while 2019 are still stuck is very frustrating.

I submitted my application on June 24, 2019.
Biometrics done in August 2020.
LVO received file in November 2020.
No medical letter yet.
Calling to CIC, sending emails to visa office and writing to local MP have not helped.
I even submitted a request under the privacy act which came back with a redacted, half-empty PDF that has no useful information.
The LVO email says we're in the queue. I wish they said what # in the queue so we could track progress.
I wonder if LVOs prioritize other streams and push PGP applicants further back in the queue.

Does switching LVO to Mississauga help speed up the process?

Reactions: takinghits16

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
I am in same boat, waiting almost 3 years now. I sent many emails to LVO and same generic answer application in queue waiting for a review by an office from last 16 months now. I sent another webform this week and got reply from IRCC Vancouver. I had no idea my application is transferred to Vancouver from London. However reply was not any different waiting for a review by an officer. Its ridiculous.
Anyone here any idea why applications are moved to Vancouver?

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
According to this article, the backlog for parents & grandparents sponsorship shrunk by 722 from 36,046 to 35,324 applications between Feb 1 and Mar 15, 2022.
To my knowledge, CIC accepted 20k applications in 2019, 10k applications in 2020 and 30k applications in 2021.
Does anybody know how many applications were processed from 2019 and 2020? (afaik, 2021 applicants are still all in process)
I could not find more detailed information online on this on Canada stats, last stats they have are for PGP from 2017.

Assuming around 30k of 35,324 are from 2021, then the remaining 5,324 are from both 2019 and 2020, with the majority being from 2020. However, I'd be very surprised if they processed that many applications from 2020.
The fact that 2020 applicants are receiving PRs while 2019 are still stuck is very frustrating.

I submitted my application on June 24, 2019.
Biometrics done in August 2020.
LVO received file in November 2020.
No medical letter yet.
Calling to CIC, sending emails to visa office and writing to local MP have not helped.
I even submitted a request under the privacy act which came back with a redacted, half-empty PDF that has no useful information.
The LVO email says we're in the queue. I wish they said what # in the queue so we could track progress.
I wonder if LVOs prioritize other streams and push PGP applicants further back in the queue.

Does switching LVO to Mississauga help speed up the process?
Thanks for the link, very useful info.
I totally feel for you as I am in the same boat.
My file has been stuck with Mississauga center so I don't think it is any faster than other office.
From what I have seen, the medical exam step is relatively fast, assuming your folks do not have major health problems.
It is the background check step that can take up many months. If your police certificate was already submitted then their further delay of your case should not be too much.

Last edited:

hannan_1949

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I m principal Applicant , IRCC sent a letter for additional information like Travel History on prescribed form 5562.I have filled as per format . My question is whether attached scan pages of passport new & old where exit, entry stamps visible or no not required? Please suggest

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I m principal Applicant , IRCC sent a letter for additional information like Travel History on prescribed form 5562.I have filled as per format . My question is whether attached scan pages of passport new & old where exit, entry stamps visible or no not required? Please suggest
You don't need to send the scan copies of passport pages now if not asked specifically in the request letter but IRCC may ask later.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My mom is scheduled to travel in the next few weeks. Will landing paper & passport be sufficient for OHIP eligibility upon arrival? I see on OHIP website they need following 3 documents:
  • Residency in Ontario
  • Identity
How does one prove residency upon arrival? She won't have any cellphone, bank account, etc upon arrival as these things take time. Can we apply for photo card, and simultaneously use that as proof of residency in Ontario to apply for OHIP?
Please can anyone provide some guidance regarding this?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
  • Residency in Ontario
  • Identity
Someone from ON should be knowing better. In BC, they need PR card and there is wait time of 3 months.
I believe opening a bank account does not take much time.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Someone from ON should be knowing better. In BC, they need PR card and there is wait time of 3 months.
I believe opening a bank account does not take much time.
Well yes it takes minutes to open a bank account, but problem is if you are using bank account as proof then OHIP needs bank statement which will only generate few weeks later.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Reactions: kulb

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone know what happens to parent’s pension if they come on PR to Canada? Do they continue to get it? My dad was in Indian Air-force and he get pension and I am wondering what happen once he come to Canada on PR. Any information will help.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Reactions: AradhanaDakua

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Does anyone know what happens to parent’s pension if they come on PR to Canada? Do they continue to get it? My dad was in Indian Air-force and he get pension and I am wondering what happen once he come to Canada on PR. Any information will help.
That's a question for IAF. If they are ready to continue paying the pension, the Canadian Government will not have any issues.
However, my assumption is that IAF will continue depositing the pension in your Father's bank account in India, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: AradhanaDakua