+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi folks, just a quick update, I ordered ATIP notes to find out that my parents' case was transferred to Vancouver Visa office (previously Mexico). If you want my times, check the spreadsheet, it is updated.

This is just discouraging. With the speed of this system, I'm now looking ahead of probably another 6 months so they start working on it which brings the process now to 3 years.

The irony is that I'm a co-sponsor in another file that arrived 5 days later to CIC than the other file and that file is already complete. I struggle to comprehend why this is a fair system. But oh well...

Sorry for venting my frustrations here. I know I'm probably not the only one.
If you check the thread on 2020 PGP application, you can see applications that arrived 2 years later than ours are already complete.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello Experienced Forum Team,
I need your help regarding my PGP 2019 application. I had submitted application for my parent and my Visa office is mississauga. I am following up this forum since then but writing first time in here. Here is my timeline:
Sent online request: January 2019
Complete application received at Ottawa: June 17, 2019.
SA approval and Start processing: Oct 2019
Biometric request: Feb 10, 2020
Biometric done: Feb 14, 2020
Medical Request: Feb 15, 2020
Medical done: Feb 25, 2020
Medical passed status updated: Mar 7, 2020
Upfront PCC submitted: June 2020

Complete silence until August 2021 due to Covid.

2nd Medical, SA relationship proof and parent resume requested: August 10, 2021.
Timeline updated: start processing on application on Aug 10, 2021 (so weird)
Document submitted: Aug 28, 2021.
2nd Medical done: Aug 25, 2021.
Medical passed status updated: Sep 7, 2021.
Upfront 2nd PCC submitted: Sep 2021

Following up with MP office - no help so far.
Sent CAIPS/GCMS notes request January 2022 - no reply so far.

Now, my concern is - it's been 6.5 months gone since 2nd Medical passed. It will be so annoying if they request another one after expiration of current. Parents are alone in India. Please advise whom should I contact?
Many thanks in advance.
I will suggest you to send a web form query. Start the query/ message with this sentence in capital ‘MEDICAL EXPIRING IN XX MONTHS’. My parents passed the second medical in Sept 2021 and it is expiring in less then 6 months. Please advise when the application will be moved to the next stage for final approval. I am hoping that they don’t have to go through a third medical examination, kindly let me know if any additional information is required from us to facilitate the processing of the application ………

I will also suggest you to approach your local MP’s office and see ifhe or she could help you.

My in-laws application is in the same situation, second medical passes in Feb 2022 and I am hoping it doesn’t get to the point that we are asked to get another medical examination. Good luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello to Forum Members

Hello Everyone,
I just want to share good news with all of you. I posted my timeline yesterday and today I received PRP for my Mother.
I just want to share something with all of you. I have applied for GCM notes last month for which due date was March 21st but
it was still in process. One thing i did this morning that there was a link where you can do complaint or send compliments.
I used that form to tell in brief how frustrated am i because of delays. I have no idea if that works and i got email couple of hours later.
Thanks to all of you.
I read your previous message and was feeling very bad about your situation, and then I read this message, felt great and very happy that you will be able to take care of mother in Canada. Congratulations mate!

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi folks, just a quick update, I ordered ATIP notes to find out that my parents' case was transferred to Vancouver Visa office (previously Mexico). If you want my times, check the spreadsheet, it is updated.

This is just discouraging. With the speed of this system, I'm now looking ahead of probably another 6 months so they start working on it which brings the process now to 3 years.

The irony is that I'm a co-sponsor in another file that arrived 5 days later to CIC than the other file and that file is already complete. I struggle to comprehend why this is a fair system. But oh well...

Sorry for venting my frustrations here. I know I'm probably not the only one.
same situation for me .. the second file for my mother-in-law is complete , but the one for my parents is pending

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello to Forum Members

Hello Everyone,
I just want to share good news with all of you. I posted my timeline yesterday and today I received PRP for my Mother.
I just want to share something with all of you. I have applied for GCM notes last month for which due date was March 21st but
it was still in process. One thing i did this morning that there was a link where you can do complaint or send compliments.
I used that form to tell in brief how frustrated am i because of delays. I have no idea if that works and i got email couple of hours later.
Thanks to all of you.
can you share that link?

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
It appears most people on this forum have got their parent’ visas. Anyone still waiting? May 2019 applicant. Mine has been with Accra VO and the only update received was in process in April 2021 and till date, nothing! only generic responses from the VO in response to inquiries. What can I do? Any ideas?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello.

I received a pre-arrival services letter today. Can anyone kindly advise me what does this mean?

The medical is showing as passed but we never received the PCC request?

What would be next steps in the application process?

Thanks.

PK_GTA

Mar 24, 2022
I got a medical surveillance letter for my mother in law who i co-sponsored under PGP 2019 - Does everyone get this or only in some cases? She was found to have indication of TB but follow up sputum test cleared her.

Box number 8 has S code 2.02 - What does this mean?
Box number 9 says 'RMO where medical assessed' and its empty. - What to put here?
Box number 10 says IMM1346 and has a serial number - Does this mean her application is approved and this is last step?

Also, I don't see a link under the 'view or upload submitted documents' . Neither do i see any instructions as to where to submit this letter. Does anyone have experience submitting this form back?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Hi,
I received this surveillance letter today for my Mother. What happened to your Mother in law's application after you received it? I too can see the IMM1346 and a serial number in Box 10 and Box number 8 has S code 2.02, Did you get answer to your questions above?

Mar 24, 2022
Heard after DM / passport stamp landing needs to be within 3 months is this true
Application received date - June 25 2019
Start proceessing- Oct 2021
Medical done - Nov 2021- and received
Resubmit pcc- Feb 2022

Now waiting
Response is appreciated

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
It appears most people on this forum have got their parent’ visas. Anyone still waiting? May 2019 applicant. Mine has been with Accra VO and the only update received was in process in April 2021 and till date, nothing! only generic responses from the VO in response to inquiries. What can I do? Any ideas?
Nothing meaning not even sponsorship approval?
There are some still waiting. I don't know what is the % but guess majority are completed.
You can ask your local MP to contact IRCC for you, but it won't speed things up, just get some details of your status.
I have already asked MP for help three times. Not much use, they only get to speak to someone at IRCC, which is basically impossible if you try to call IRCC yourself.
My file is pending for PPR since September, everything else completed.
I am going to ask for MP's help two more times and when it hits the 3-year mark I am going to look into getting a lawyer to file mandamus.

Reactions: Determined1

Preeti C

Mar 21, 2022
I will suggest you to send a web form query. Start the query/ message with this sentence in capital ‘MEDICAL EXPIRING IN XX MONTHS’. My parents passed the second medical in Sept 2021 and it is expiring in less then 6 months. Please advise when the application will be moved to the next stage for final approval. I am hoping that they don’t have to go through a third medical examination, kindly let me know if any additional information is required from us to facilitate the processing of the application ………

I will also suggest you to approach your local MP’s office and see ifhe or she could help you.

My in-laws application is in the same situation, second medical passes in Feb 2022 and I am hoping it doesn’t get to the point that we are asked to get another medical examination. Good luck!
Thank you. I am in touch with my MP office but they are not helping. I will fill the web forum as you suggested.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thank you. I am in touch with my MP office but they are not helping. I will fill the web forum as you suggested.
If MP of your constituency could not help, you can try other MPs whom you can communicate easily. The MP of my constituency has appointed one assistant who normally contacts IRCC and she has been helping a lot of families. They may be helpful to know what is happening to your parents' case but do not expect they will expedite it.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Heard after DM / passport stamp landing needs to be within 3 months is this true
Application received date - June 25 2019
Start proceessing- Oct 2021
Medical done - Nov 2021- and received
Resubmit pcc- Feb 2022

Now waiting
Response is appreciated
There is no rule for landing within three months of visa stamping but delays of case processing due to Afghanistan and Ukraine may result that.

Reactions: Sarfaraz.Sutar

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
Nothing meaning not even sponsorship approval?
There are some still waiting. I don't know what is the % but guess majority are completed.
You can ask your local MP to contact IRCC for you, but it won't speed things up, just get some details of your status.
I have already asked MP for help three times. Not much use, they only get to speak to someone at IRCC, which is basically impossible if you try to call IRCC yourself.
My file is pending for PPR since September, everything else completed.
I am going to ask for MP's help two more times and when it hits the 3-year mark I am going to look into getting a lawyer to file mandamus.
Sponsorhip approval was received. I meant no movement of the file since it was transferred to the Accra visa office. Thanks for the suggestion to ask MP. I wrote to Accra and got a totally unrelated response telling me how to process visitor’s visa. It appears the official didn’t check my file before responding in spite of the details provided, including UCI!

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi everyone !
Finally good news after so much waiting. My mom got the email of PR approved today!! Asked to reply with some information and then after wait for the invitation to the portal!! I can’t believe it, we are so excited!! Hang in there everyone it will come!!

@laxsun please update!
Thank you!!