+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
Hey guys I just realized that both photos are including Stamps + DOB and names in the package. Any suggestions about this? probably better to send again the photos before the deadline? Some thoughts?

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hey guys I just realized that both photos are including Stamps + DOB and names in the package. Any suggestions about this? probably better to send again the photos before the deadline? Some thoughts?
I don't think that's gonna be issue. Don't worry.

Reactions: FabAle

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Logically they are asking the name and date of birth on the back of photo to identify "who is who" in case of multiple applicants in the application. Stamp and name on one should be okay

Reactions: FabAle

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
It is surprising as to how CIC decided to do ecas updates for some and not for others (what we call the crazy intern theory). On a department level, they could have guided officers to enable ecas for all scans with "application received" as it would have saved so much time for their support agents who daily receive calls to inquire if application is received or not.
What’s more surprising is from what I’ve seen on this forum and in the tracker, less than 10 AOR have been sent even for those whose package was received the first day. Logic is not something I would associate with any of these processes

madisson

May 27, 2019
I used Federal Express but i am not sure if its really received. Anyone send via FEDERAL EXPRESS - mine received by R.ICHARD last May 23, 2019. Anyone who Got an ECAS already that used FEDERAL EXPRESS. Thank you in advance

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi all

Its quiet here, no new AOR / update.

Thank You

Re-posting the recent IRCC official version about ecas (members in this forum able to see ecas before they are receiving the AoR).

You would use the principal applicant information to check the ecas status, unless the sponsor was appointed as a representative. Once we find your application complete, we’ll send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR). This document will contain the information you'll need to check your application status: https://bit.ly/2VRFG51 Note how long it takes to review your application and send the AoR depends on how many applications we get and if your application is complete. Thanks for your patience.

Sonysurrey

Jun 20, 2019
Hello to everyone
Im new to this form. Just sign up now. Got reminder email today. Sent complete application, recived by cic on 27 May. No further update, no AOR and no ecase status

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi guys,

Can we place the photos at the start of the application package? I know in the application checklist, it is mentioned at the end, but I dont know if attaching photos at the end of application will make them seen/ probably fall off?

thoughts?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
got an automated email from CIC
"This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching. Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.:"

I can see my application received on May 29th signed by SCI MARTIN. Maybe this is an automated email and may be my application package still not being opened? I guess so...
It was sent to all, even people who got AoR also got this.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
I used Federal Express but i am not sure if its really received. Anyone send via FEDERAL EXPRESS - mine received by R.ICHARD last May 23, 2019. Anyone who Got an ECAS already that used FEDERAL EXPRESS. Thank you in advance
Well, I haven't received any update from CIC nor can I check the status of the application online.
The only thing I am able to confirm is that the acknowledgement I received from Fedex about package delivery.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys,

Can we place the photos at the start of the application package? I know in the application checklist, it is mentioned at the end, but I dont know if attaching photos at the end of application will make them seen/ probably fall off?

thoughts?

I keep it in the checklist order...for my previous application, I put them in the front. If you go to a VFS office, they always take the photo first. Now it's your call.

You have to make everything is secured, use bulldog clips, rubber band....whatever.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, my husband and I are currently applying for a supervise for my father-in-law. I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help us out. My father in law doesn't have a bank account, where he lives everyone just deals mostly in cash. They also don't have for example a Notice of Assessment that shows how much he earns, again because everything is dealt in cash. He only works part-time as a taxi driver and my husband and I send money (about $1000) monthly to support him and my mother-in-law. I should also note that his home is in his other son's (my brother-in-law) name, and therefore he doesn't have any assets to show under his name. I know that ties to home country is a main deciding factor so I am unsure of what to send to prove that he will return to his home country. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We applied for a visitor visa for him but he was denied based on the fact that he couldn't provide proof to support himself or show ties to his home country, so I am a little but worried about submitting this application and want to make sure that I have as much information as possible.
Try posting under "supervisa" instead of PGP.

I haven't tried applying for supervisa but I think you need to proof income of yourself, not your father. Only Canadian tax residents have NOA (notice of assessment). Read the application guide carefully.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I belive it is better if you ask them to get the pictures from the photographer through email. Then you can get it printed here in canda. That will be more ligit.
Depends on what was the question. Does he mean the bio page of their passports?
Or the PR application photos that need to be taken at a professional studio.