+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
REGARDING CHANGES ON FORMS: please see below as response from IRCC

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada 5h5 hours ago

Replying to @*******

Hi. We’ll accept the previous version of the current form until another one is released. When a new version is released, we’ll accept the new version and the previous version of that. We encourage you to use the newest forms to avoid any possible delays.
This was already posted here before. I contacted with them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1135927452608401409

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Thank you for your reply.

Follow up question...

So if we get the request and my mom is already back home, can we just apply this online?
I know it will be too early for her to apply now, if it is only valid for 6 months.
i'd think they want a police check from back home (and any other places she lived at for 6 months or longer) anyway. if they want one from Canada (can't see why they would, though) IRCC will probably state in her approval letter that she will need to get a police check within x days of landing.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for the insight...

A.1 My understanding is that my disability income was a source of income, but I can't show it on imm5748 form, because it does not show up on my NOA.

A.2 I have talked to Canada Revenue and also my insurance provider. Sunlife says since I had paid taxes on premiums, my disability is non-taxable and hence they do not provide a tax from for it. Canada Revenue said if Sunlife does not provide a tax form, there's no way I could claim it, and for it to show in my NOA. So that's how my income is not showing on line 150...
This is insurance pay out and not income. They are only taxable if you did not pay any premiums on it and only your employer paid the premiums.
(this is only regarding to if the insurance payout is taxable or not. I have no idea if that's count towards LICO)

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
i'd think they want a police check from back home (and any other places she lived at for 6 months or longer) anyway. if they want one from Canada (can't see why they would, though) she could get one within x days of landing.
Anyone know what was the cases for the last yr applications ? Any police clarence here need the fingerprints so a physical presence is a must

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am sending application to below address, just want to double check if every did the same thing since they keep changing forms and stuffs, just wanted to make sure

CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
i'd think they want a police check from back home (and any other places she lived at for 6 months or longer) anyway. if they want one from Canada (can't see why they would, though) she could get one within x days of landing.
My mom technically stayed here in Canada for 10 months, that's the reason why they might request for a police certificate on a later stage.
The problem is, she will already be back home since she is scheduled to leave next month.

My dilemma is whether to request one now while she is here, but then police certificate might not even be valid by the time they request it.

And reading another member's response, they need her fingerprints in order to obtain the police certificate.

Gosh, this is hard....

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
My mom technically stayed here in Canada for 10 months, that's the reason why they might request for a police certificate on a later stage.
The problem is, she will already be back home since she is scheduled to leave next month.

My dilemma is whether to request one now while she is here, but then police certificate might not even be valid by the time they request it.

And reading another member's response, they need her fingerprints in order to obtain the police certificate.

Gosh, this is hard....
it's not hard at all :) the checklist is very clear in saying u should wait until they request the police check. send in ur app without it, as per their request.

again, they are most interested on police checks from back home but if they want one from Canada (can't see why they would, though) IRCC will probably state in her approval letter that she will need to get a police check within x days of landing.

Reactions: Sparkling

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Gosh, this is hard....

This is not a requirement now. don't sweat. Let's the process play out

https://imgur.com/UGDXjij

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
it's not hard at all :) the checklist is very clear in saying u should wait until they request the police check. send in ur app without it, as per their request.

again, they are most interested on police checks from back home but if they want one from Canada (can't see why they would, though) IRCC will probably state in her approval letter that she will need to get a police check within x days of landing.
Ok, gotcha! Thanks for all the insights! :)