+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rorai

Nov 9, 2017
exactly howmany days take to received you acknowledgment letter FROM CIC
I didn't receive any acknowledgement letter mentioning the application is received and I only checked the status once I got an email asking for the doc

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Option-C for last 3 years even though I had allowed CIC to contact CRA directly.
This is interesting. By authorizing CIC, they should be able to access the CRA option C file directly. Did they said why they need it even after the authorization?

rorai

Nov 9, 2017
This is interesting. By authorizing CIC, they should be able to access the CRA option C file directly. Did they said why they need it even after the authorization?
I plan on giving them a call. Do you happen to know the number we can reach them at?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys. One quick help. In sch A background. Is it mandatory to write the “name” by hand!?

I typed it in the box and my parents signed it.

Appreciate if any one can quickly confirm.

AlinaN

May 11, 2019
I am sponsoring my mom from UK. I retained a lawyer as we have a couple of issues. Thank you to this wonderful forum and its members , I found out about updated forms just before my lawyer sent them. So there was a discussion to send updated forms or the old version and here is a comment from my lawyer’s office- do submit updated versions of the application documents as IRCC will return the package as incomplete. Now we are in a rush to update them and My mom , me and my co-signer again have to sign them. It is a bad play from IRCC and what my lawyer’s office thinks is that how they are going to eliminate this extra number of applications that they allowed (26,000+ instead of 20,000) . So my advice , if you haven’t submitted the application yet, update docs before you submit it, otherwise there is a high chance for them to be returned as incomplete. I know there was a twitter post by IRCC saying otherwise but there is a history of them being wrong, don’t take a chance a submit updated versions.
Good luck all

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
With so many law suits of angry sponsors wasting tax money paying, it is very likely that the PGP program will be completely close shop next year, people are just making it so inconvenient to operate by keep suing for perfectionism and for discrimination, it is the price to pay, very likely this year is the last chance to sponsor parents, maybe they will introduce a new visa next year for parents instead
I doubt this will be the "last chance" to sponsor parents.They will just tweak the method of selection.

If Torries win they may introduce a points system. Liberals.....more likely FIFO