+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all,

I got a letter Annex 1 to provide some info and email for online confirmation of permanent residence. When can i expect to get the email for the portal to upload photo and apply for PR card.

Thanks.
/
I received the email last week and hasn't received any email with account link yet!

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Thank you very much for detailed response. have a few follow up questions as well.
I think what might have happened was that i had sent PCC in 2 emails. One of the PCCs (For India) was submitted after the deadline but I had advised them in the first email that we are waiting for the Indian PCC and had provided proof. They might have just looked at the first email but didn't look at the second email. the PCC was for a timeframe when my father was studying in India (in the 80s). I still have the PCC that Indian embassy provided in December of 2021. Can i just resubmit that or do i need to get a new certificate as the old one was issued just over 6 months ago? Technically, if he was cleared for the 80's that fact doesn't change with the new PCC but i keep on reading about PCC having to be issued within the last 6 months so want to be sure.

also, is it possible to talk to or email VO directly? if so, how? I always get email notifications from generic mailbox (do not reply address) so I don't know how to reach them directly. thank you.
Hi
1. New PCC from India is not required since your father has not lived in india after you submitted PCC in last request.
2. If you never received direct email from visa office and was always contacted through GcKey than make a pdf or word file and paste pcc and an explanation note that sumitting pcc for your father as requested in letter dated. Also mention your father lived in India from xxxx to xxxx for which pcc allready sumitted and again presented here. You will have slot to upload in GcKey.
Disclaimer : not a legal advice

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
LONG POST ALERT!!! After 37 months and 13 days our application is finally APPROVED!!!

June 14th 2019 - Application received
Sept 30 2019 - Request to update IMM5406
- submited updated IMM5406
Oct 10 2019 to Sept 9th 2021 - 0 update
Sept 10th 2021 - Sponsorship approved sent to ACCRA (extremely sadness seeing Accra)
Sept 11th 2021 to May 29th 2022 - 0 update and not responding to GCMS request
Aug 16 2021 - Try to get MPs help but got ignored (via email, MP sent a consent form and after than nothing)
Sept 28 2021 - Tried MP again but ignored (via email, MP resent the consent form and after than nothing)
Jan 2022 - Tried MP again but ignored (Via phone, MP returns call and apologies)
Feb 10 2022 - letter to immigration Minister ( it was Sean Fraser then but looks like as of June 1st 2022 it's now Andrew Giles)
May 30th 2022 - Prearrival service received
May 31st 2022- Medical request (I already scheduled upfront medical for June 21st because I was tired of waiting but I rebooked a new one for June 7th)
June 7th 2022- Medical done
June 9th 2022- Medical submitted
June 13th 2022- Medical Passed
June 15th 2022- Unknown number called (x2) (no voicemail left)
June 17th 2022 - unknown number called again (no voicemail left)
June 20th 2022- Noticed Ecas changed to decision made... Me panicking
June 21st 2022 - Same unknown number called again finally picked.
June 21st 2022 - PPR received (after brief interview-like conversation with the unknown number which turned out to be CIC London Ontario Canada. At the end they asked where we want to send PP (between Accra or Niarobi) we picked Niarobi but we were informed we had to go in person, so changed to Accra. However, we did not have to go in-person but we could not change back to Niarobi cause they warned that we MUST stick with the selected option.
- June 28th 2022 - Recieved both Jan and May GCMS notes; shows file was transferred to Mississauga - Accra - Montreal - Vancouver - London Ontario. File spent over 32 months between Mississauga, Accra and Montreal. Was transferred in May 2022 to Vancouver then London Ontario in May 2022 as well.
- June 30th Send PP to Accra
- July 4th PP arrives in Accra
- July 15th Visa issue (per details on the visa sticker)
- July 21st Recieved VFS email of PP dispatch (This was sent to my mom but she missed the email)
- July 22nd Recieved Email via GKey with visa information
- July 27th Received PP from Accra (Missed July 26th delivery)

** I used my email all through out this application because I know my mom does not check her emails (as evidenced with the VFS email). Her email only came into play when she emailed her PP to Accra and by then it was too late to update.

I am sooooo happy that I fail to properly express my joy.

Sorry in advance for any typo or grammatic error. I'm off to go drink zobo
Big congrats to you and your family.

Reactions: Ketobaby

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Ready For Visa Letter
Hi everyone
On June 23 in ECAS, my status changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE, but I haven't been contacted by IRCC yet, so I asked my visa office in Turkey-Ankara to check it , and they respond that Ready For Visa letter was sent to you on June 19 by Montreal Immigration if you didn't received it contact them so it can be resent. but I don't know how I should contact this office. Does anyone have any suggestion?

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Ready For Visa Letter
Hi everyone
On June 23 in ECAS, my status changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE, but I haven't been contacted by IRCC yet, so I asked my visa office in Turkey-Ankara to check it , and they respond that Ready For Visa letter was sent to you on June 19 by Montreal Immigration if you didn't received it contact them so it can be resent. but I don't know how I should contact this office. Does anyone have any suggestion?
That is your PPR letter. It must be uploaded to your GC Key account, please check there.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
@laxsun just now received PPR letter from Vancouver immigration office asking to submit passports within 30days. Decision made in Ecas was on 28th July 2022.
So got PPR letter after 6days
I'm in the same situation as you now, but I got the PPR letter 1.5 weeks ago. Waiting for the darn virtual landing link, when will it come? :D

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Hello everyone,
Need your help, I applied for parents sponsorhip on last November and got my parents medical done. They requested for police report and I tried to link ircc account and thankfully their account is linked in online account. Now i dont see any section where i can upload their police report. Is there something i am missing? Can someone please help me how to upload police report?
Appreciate your help
Thank you

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
I checked my IRCC secure account (GCkey) there is nothing there
1. Google search the contact information for that office so you can email them.
2. Ask your MP to help contact them.
3. Call IRCC customer service number.
4. Contact them via webform

I recommend doing all 4.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun just now received PPR letter from Vancouver immigration office asking to submit passports within 30days. Decision made in Ecas was on 28th July 2022.
So got PPR letter after 6days
Congratulations on receiving PPR.
Thank you for updates. These updates help others to know what is happening in recent time.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hello, I had request the admins. earlier to change the status to complete as the process is now complete for my mother. Also, I applied for visa extension on July 4th (Visa expiry was July 5th) since my mother was already in Canada. She became a PR on 27th July. So, what do I do with the visa extension application, it still appear as "Submitted" in mycic @laxsun Thanks.