CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
We received Pre-Arrival letter today. Also, my father has inactive TB. So, he received a letter that would need to be completed at port of entry and he would need to visit a doctor within 30 days after landing.

When can we expect PPR now? it has been more than 2.5 years now.

Parents are in India.

Reactions: serious_cheese

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hello Guys,

My parents are expected to arrive next month.
I have couple of questions:
1. We need Health Insruance for Parents until we are able to register for OHIP?
I understand that wait time is waived by ontario govt, but it may take time to get address proof which is mandatory to apply OHIP, and you are not covered until you apply and get temp OHIP number.

2. To apply OHIP we need Local Addres proof for parents, which is convinient and fastes way to get it?
Provincial Card is one but that may take 1-2 months..

Thanks.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Any update from London office recently anyone?
Yes some movement from London. I had submitted the additional documents and PCC and IME back in May 2021 but today I received an email asking to submit the same again, except the medical (medical was passed in May) !! I don't know why they asked for the same document again after 3.5 months.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

My parents are expected to arrive next month.
I have couple of questions:
1. We need Health Insruance for Parents until we are able to register for OHIP?
I understand that wait time is waived by ontario govt, but it may take time to get address proof which is mandatory to apply OHIP, and you are not covered until you apply and get temp OHIP number.

2. To apply OHIP we need Local Addres proof for parents, which is convinient and fastes way to get it?
Provincial Card is one but that may take 1-2 months..

Thanks.
I think:
- You may find out opening the Bank account would be faster way and use that as a proof of address, (please double check with bank)
- Ontario Photo ID usually takes 2 weeks (please double check with Service Ontario)
- I saw some people used rent agreement as a proof of address

if you are not sure still you can buy travel insurance for 1 or 2 month and be on the safe side in case of an Emergency. Usually when a person receive OHIP you can cancel the insurance and if there is no claim the reimburse money for the unused days, means if you buy for 2 month and after 1 M they will receive OHIP and there was no claim then you can get the money back for 1 M. (again check with the insurance compony before your purchase)

Good luck

Reactions: sum321

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes some movement from London. I had submitted the additional documents and PCC and IME back in May 2021 but today I received an email asking to submit the same again, except the medical (medical was passed in May) !! I don't know why they asked for the same document again after 3.5 months.
did the document request come from London or Mississauga for the first time back in May?

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
SA letter is sponsorship approval letter that mentions local visa office where your parents' application will be processed.
Do you have date of it.
The status may change in few days in MyCIC as you don't have COPR yet.
Hi @laxsun ,

Strange, I never received a Sponsorship Letter!

-
Krubzee

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hi! thanks for your quick response
I have another question, the validity of visa is based on their medical exam date? or the validity of the passport?
as we are having a hard time making an appointment for passport renewal in our home country.
The Sponsorship approval letter states

If their passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Hello Friends. My parents got a passport request. Do we need to order one passport pickup via VFS webform and send both passports together? Or do I have to fill two forms one for father and another one for mother? Thanks a lot for your help.