+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Anyone got their PCC done from India (for my parents it is PSK Chandigarh) ? Any idea how long does it take plus what all documents (i know Adhaar and passport copies) we need ?

Thanks in advance.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Line 739:
Re-Medical request received - 05 June 2021
Medical Passed - 02 July 2021

In addition to that, my parents were asked for their current residential address.
Same here, got request letter for mom's current residential address along with re-medical form.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Asking for the collective advice as at this point don't know what how to proceed.

I sent my application for my mother June 20, 2019. The status hasn't changed since January 15, 2020 as "Submitted".

I requested an update to CIC using their web form, and the answer is the generic answer, because of COVID waiting times etc etc... Her paperwork was supposed to be processed in Mexico, then they said, the review process is taking place in the CPC Mississauga office.

I need to bring my mom soon per her conditions and living alone without my help are very detrimental to her health and overall wellbeing, given the situation of where she is.

What can I do to, who to ask or how to proceed to accelerate her move with me? While she has visitor visa, her passport is also coming to expiry date next year in March, and the covid vaccine she has is not approved in Canada yet.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
What a truly BS response(copied below) i got from my MP’s office today. 2nd Medical passed for my parents on Aug 5th. Original app June 6th 2019.
We are also waiting to re-unite with our parents for over 2 years.. that should also have some importance/urgency to IRCC..

I ordered GCMS notes in July and just got the email today. Apparently IRCC was also digitizing all the PGP files and took about 3 months from March 2021 to June 2021 to create new folders/file names internally.

Not sure why there is a secondary office assigned in June 2021-- CPC Ottawa.. parents in India ..still CPC -M as the primary office..

anyone aware of further steps? timelines?

Hello
Thanks for your email.
IRCC is working on applications from Afghanistan because there is life and death situation there right now.
IRCC is also aware of the fact that our constituents files are urgent for us as well; therefore, they will provide us with the status updates shortly. I have been contacting IRCC on regular basis and will provide you information as soon as I receive new status from them.
Take Care.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
What a truly BS response(copied below) i got from my MP’s office today. 2nd Medical passed for my parents on Aug 5th. Original app June 6th 2019.
We are also waiting to re-unite with our parents for over 2 years.. that should also have some importance/urgency to IRCC..

I ordered GCMS notes in July and just got the email today. Apparently IRCC was also digitizing all the PGP files and took about 3 months from March 2021 to June 2021 to create new folders/file names internally.

Not sure why there is a secondary office assigned in June 2021-- CPC Ottawa.. parents in India ..still CPC -M as the primary office..

anyone aware of further steps? timelines?

Hello
Thanks for your email.
IRCC is working on applications from Afghanistan because there is life and death situation there right now.
IRCC is also aware of the fact that our constituents files are urgent for us as well; therefore, they will provide us with the status updates shortly. I have been contacting IRCC on regular basis and will provide you information as soon as I receive new status from them.
Take Care.

Better to meet your MP in person and have direct conversation.
If they are running for re-election, I expect them to be more serious about their constituents' concerns.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone got this sentence in their additional doc request letter “As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.”

it sounds pretty intense. Should I be worried?
That must be generic line around the end of the letter. The case officers cannot ask anything if they are not allowed as per the IRCC act.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Recently some actions are seen on Jun 27 and 28 applications. Please report any progress in your case so that it will help others.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Anyone has succeeded in contacting MP about parents sponsorship matters? Without sending personal information, could anyone shared what you sent?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
I just received a doc request to submit form IMM5768 (financial evaluation) in case it's not in my application. It was submitted. anybody else getting request for docs included ? any idea what the resongin is? I marked 'yes' so cic can access my cra records.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Mom is living in India, file at CPC-M.
May 2019 applicant
PCC, BM done Feb 2020
1st Medical passed June 2020
Re medical passed Sept 2021

When to expect PPR?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I just received a doc request to submit form IMM5768 (financial evaluation) in case it's not in my application. It was submitted. anybody else getting request for docs included ? any idea what the resongin is? I marked 'yes' so cic can access my cra records.
Better to send it quickly. If you respond promptly, your file may move quicker.