+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Yes @laxsun it was on July 19th as part of the additional documents request. Can you please update the same in the tracker? Thank you :)

Does anyone know how long does Indian embassy take to provide PCC? I saw their processing time is 8weeks (as mentioned in BLS website) but does it really take that long?

-Krubzee
Hi
It does not usually take 8 weeks, most of time its done within 2 weeks if the police verification is not required. If Police verification is required, then it may take upto 3 weeks.

Reactions: Krubzee

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Yes @laxsun it was on July 19th as part of the additional documents request. Can you please update the same in the tracker? Thank you :)

Does anyone know how long does Indian embassy take to provide PCC? I saw their processing time is 8weeks (as mentioned in BLS website) but does it really take that long?

-Krubzee
Thanks. I will update the tracker: request for additional documents (Proof of current address, marriage documents and PCC) received on July 19, 2021.
If you are near Indian Embassy or Consulate, visiting or contacting them may be helpful.

Reactions: Krubzee

ronaksingh

Nov 2, 2017
Hello Guys,

Can you please help me here, I will really appreciate it. I got the biometrics request for my Parents Immigration on Friday but when I am not able to book their appointment using VFS India website. Its not allowing me to select the date. Is there something wrong or the VFS office is closed for biometrics? I am trying to book the appointment from Toronto but every time it says "Select the date and time" but I cant select it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Guys,

Can you please help me here, I will really appreciate it. I got the biometrics request for my Parents Immigration on Friday but when I am not able to book their appointment using VFS India website. Its not allowing me to select the date. Is there something wrong or the VFS office is closed for biometrics? I am trying to book the appointment from Toronto but every time it says "Select the date and time" but I cant select it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Try all future dates including Oct or Nov. Many are mentioning that they are getting appointment only for October.

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

I got the passport request for my mom and I am little confused about the submission process. I have to submit it to VFS Chandigarh (I am in Punjab).

What I understood is I have to raise a request here, what happens once I submit this form, further steps?

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service-via-2-way-courier

I have to send PPR Request letter, passport and photos, did I miss anything?

Thanks

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi
It does not usually take 8 weeks, most of time its done within 2 weeks if the police verification is not required. If Police verification is required, then it may take upto 3 weeks.
Thanks @calgary17 :)
We are just over 3weeks now and being a postal application with BLS I assume it'll take a week or 2 more than usual.
We'll just have to wait it out!

-
Krubzee

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I received a DM on my Sponsorship Application in ecas almost a week ago, however I have not received any letter yet.

How long does it normally take to receive the letter?

MYCIC still shows "submitted" with no new messages.

Reactions: Adelina2091

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
hey guys,

I got the passport request for my mom and I am little confused about the submission process. I have to submit it to VFS Chandigarh (I am in Punjab).

What I understood is I have to raise a request here, what happens once I submit this form, further steps?

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service-via-2-way-courier

Thanks
Check this thread:

Passport submission service via 2-way courier

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

Reactions: raj_g

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Question regarding passport expiry

My parents passports were expired last year in 2020. We have updated their passports, but IRCC only had copies of their expired passports (since app was submitted in 2019)

Now we are waiting for DM, would it be beneficial for us to submit the updated copy of passports to IRCC now or wait till they ask us to do (or will they issue DM and PPR regardless of passport expiry and we just need to send in the updated passport)?

Any insights are appreciated.

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
hey guys,

Thanks
Fill the Fill webform , you will get a confirmation email first (will take few hours). Then another email with a payment link. Once your payment is done, will get another email with an AWB (Air Way Bill #) & instructions, then BlueDart-DHL courier service will call you to confirm pick-up. Our case, VFS-Bengaluru, I assume we are sending passports to same office where we did biometric. Only took less than a day to fill the weform, payment and pick-up.

Docs we sent
1. Original Passport
2. PPR Request letter (Information Letter)
3. PR Photos (If requested only, my case they requested)
4. VFS Consent form (Check the instructions in the email confirmation with AWB #)
5. SMS/Courier return from (Check the instructions in the email confirmation with AWB #)
6. Covering letter (I just draft one, not mandatory)

Last edited:
Reactions: kulb

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Question regarding passport expiry

My parents passports were expired last year in 2020. We have updated their passports, but IRCC only had copies of their expired passports (since app was submitted in 2019)

Now we are waiting for DM, would it be beneficial for us to submit the updated copy of passports to IRCC now or wait till they ask us to do (or will they issue DM and PPR regardless of passport expiry and we just need to send in the updated passport)?

Any insights are appreciated.
Send scan copies of new passports through IRCC Webform asap.

Reactions: rang_canada

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

Hoping someone can help (my details below). I reached out to the MP's office and they were able to get the following response - does anyone know what it means? and if anyone else has gotten the same thing.

Given its been 2 years, I am getting quite anxious.

FROM MP's Office:
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on 2019/06/24.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible is still in process.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.

Sponsored People: Parents Parents
Country of Citizenship: Indian
Sponsor Province: ON
Invitations Receive Date: April 25 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 24 2019
AoR Received (DATE): Dec 3

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
@laxsun @robertp

Any updates on London VO? How have applications been progressing? My parents did their medical exam in June but father was called in for re exam due to tuberculosis concerns (he doesn't have it but they couldn't get a clear chest scan). Now he's rescheduled for another medical test in September. Anyone has been thru something similar? How long does it take after round #2 of meds?

I'm a mid june 2019 applicant. Hows everyone else doing with similar timeline?

Thanks!!