+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
i applied for my parents in 2019. They got their second medical request in March 2021 and medical was passed in April. Parents are in India and file is also in India right now.

it has been over 2 years, just like most of you guys.

i read somewhere that offices are open in India. did anyone received Passport request recently or any other update from New Delhi, India office?
My parents are May 2019 applicants . Their medical has been extended on July 23,2021.That is the only update I have seen in CIC account after 2 years and 2months wait.NDVO

KP4188

May 27, 2015
@robertp @laxsun

Please update PGP 2019 tracker line# 813:

Medical Passed: July 26, 2021

Also, I have submitted a web form request for a Biometric extension on July 20th and haven't received any response yet.
Please advise if I have to call CIC and ask for an extension as the last day to complete the biometric is tomorrow and the latest appointment I got is Aug 18th.

And ECAS status has changed to a decision made on July 2, 2021, but I haven't received any email regarding approval or visa office. Any idea how long does it take to receive the email ?

Thanks

Pgp2019_

Jul 28, 2021
What is your timeline !
File received by CIC on June 14,2019
Sponsorship In Process Jan 25, 2020
Sponsorship approval letter November 4, 2020

PCC and RCMP submitted Jan 5, 2021
Medical request June 6, 2021

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Due to the long wait, I am applying for supervisa for my mother and she has done an upfront medical as part of the application process.

Can this medical be used if her sponsorship application sees some progress? Also, will IRCC be aware she has a valid medical or will I need to send them e-medical form?

Thanks.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Due to the long wait, I am applying for supervisa for my mother and she has done an upfront medical as part of the application process.

Can this medical be used if her sponsorship application sees some progress? Also, will IRCC be aware she has a valid medical or will I need to send them e-medical form?

Thanks.
You can submit the same medical upfront through the webform. most of the time IRCC accepts that super visa medical.

mp811

Dec 8, 2020
Hello seniors,
I have seen weird change in PR application status. Until yesterday, it Sponsorship was showing DM and PR application was "IN PROCESS". When I am checking ecas status today for PR application is "APPLICATION RECEIVED"!! One step backwards. All the requirements for parents (Bio, PCC, Medical, Additional Docs such as travel history) has been fulfilled.
Has anyone seen this kind of change or it must be a glitch?

Thank you in advance! :)