+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
sorry for bump, but I need to know ASAP as I am about to post the application

Does the date have to be handwritten with signatures or you can select it on the form (electronic)

confused by this statement in the guide
Sign with a handwritten signature and date in the spaces provided.
I have the same question

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Given that a selection of date is available on the forms, I am assuming handwritten signature along with selected date on the form is acceptable ?

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Given that a selection of date is available on the forms, I am assuming handwritten signature along with selected date on the form is acceptable ?
as long as the date is mentioned - doesnt matter if its hand written or computer selected.

Reactions: snganu

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry for bump, but I need to know ASAP as I am about to post the application

Does the date have to be handwritten with signatures or you can select it on the form (electronic)

confused by this statement in the guide
Sign with a handwritten signature and date in the spaces provided.
date can absolutely be either handwritten or by electronic. A few forms would not allow you to validate if you dont input date.
Either way, it is perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: snganu

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
people starting panicking, eheheh :) we need to relax a little bit
i can understand where they are coming from.
some straight forward questions sometime turn into a 4 way choice once u over think it.

i myself am stuck with 3 questions. hoping someone who is experienced to give me some clarity.

Situation: husband-wife-2 kids. Both husband wife applying for their parents PR and both are going to co-sign the others application.

My parents are going to come here in first week of June so I intend for them to get required documents from inlaws + their own and then take their sign and send it off.

I had some questions around the form filling:

1. In Financial Evaluation form imm5768e, I have a question on the table with numbers. Considering above family setup, I have doing
You - 1
Number of people in form - 2
Number of people I have co-signed but not yet in effect - 2
Other family members not included above - 3 (wife + two kids_
And hence I get 8

Plan to do the same with my wife's application for her parents.
Does this seem right?

2. In the same form, Employment History table - family size? This is immediately family size living with me = 4? Or taking into consideration parents + in laws = 8?

3. In Schedule A form eimm5669e - There is a field for spouse saying "Family name at birth". So this is where I mention my mother's maiden name or my mother's name when I was born? God, I feel terrible even asking this. But I'm confused.

I tried to put my question forth in the most detailed yet minimalist way, if something is not clear - please let me know.

Thanks in advance

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
i can understand where they are coming from.
some straight forward questions sometime turn into a 4 way choice once u over think it.

i myself am stuck with 3 questions. hoping someone who is experienced to give me some clarity.

Situation: husband-wife-2 kids. Both husband wife applying for their parents PR and both are going to co-sign the others application.

My parents are going to come here in first week of June so I intend for them to get required documents from inlaws + their own and then take their sign and send it off.

I had some questions around the form filling:

1. In Financial Evaluation form imm5768e, I have a question on the table with numbers. Considering above family setup, I have doing
You - 1
Number of people in form - 2
Number of people I have co-signed but not yet in effect - 2
Other family members not included above - 3 (wife + two kids_
And hence I get 8

Plan to do the same with my wife's application for her parents.
Does this seem right?

2. In the same form, Employment History table - family size? This is immediately family size living with me = 4? Or taking into consideration parents + in laws = 8?

3. In Schedule A form eimm5669e - There is a field for spouse saying "Family name at birth". So this is where I mention my mother's maiden name or my mother's name when I was born? God, I feel terrible even asking this. But I'm confused.

I tried to put my question forth in the most detailed yet minimalist way, if something is not clear - please let me know.

Thanks in advance
1. 8, yes it is the right number for your Wife's form as well.
2. 8
3. Mother's Maiden name at HER birth. This form has nothing to do with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: kunalap

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm on the process of completing all the documents / forms to be sent for PGP Sponsorship 2019. I just want to ask if the photocopy of the passport of all family members to be sponsored need to be notarized/ certified? Thanks

No. You only notarize a copy if it needs to get translated.

Reactions: mc_geh