+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Its 2 years provided the visa office didn't stamp any date when you enter canada. If its stamped and no dates on it then it means you can stay for 2 yrs on super visa. if you want to stay longer than 2 yrs then you need to file for extension. On super visa the extention is for 1 yr.

Thanks
Hi, Thanks alot you for the reply. Visa officer did not stamp my parents passport during 2nd entry. I ask the officer how long my mom can stay, he replied 6 months. Then I applied for 1.5 years extension(thinking she can stay up to 2yrs). Now her visitor record (1.5 yrs) is going to expire. Does she needs to go out of Canada and come back? or, can we apply for the extension again for a year? Her super visa is still valid for another year.

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
And in the IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation Form, 1 will be me, And I will be filling 2 as current Undertaking PGP applicants ( My parents) and 1 as Previous Undertakings(number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(which have not become Permanant Residents yet)) ? So total would be 4? Or I would not be counting my spouse application here? And count will only be 3 ? And for spouse as she is currently in progress, is that the correct option to select?

As I will mention her in 3b(ii), in previous undertaking not in effect. And in Question 5, should I leave it blank? Because if I count there as well my count will become 5.
You have to count your spouse as one as you might submitted undertaking while sponsoring her as well ( I am not sure )

For sure, your wife also counts as a family size as she is a part of your family unit

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
You have to count your spouse as one as you might submitted undertaking while sponsoring her as well ( I am not sure )

For sure, your wife also counts as a family size as she is a part of your family unit
Right, but I have already included here in 3b(ii), in previous undertakings not in effect yet. But if I will count 1 as well in Question 5 it will duplicate her and as Question5 says ( Your spouse or common law partner, if not included in 3 above). I think then I keep it blank? Right?

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Guys, I have one question. I was filling IMM 1344 form and there in the Sponsor's eligibility, there is a question "Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?". Now I have this concern, that I have my Spousal application in progress, and now in parallel I am applying for this PGP 2019, should I select NO or YES here? When I was seeing the instruction guide its written as below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15, and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me here please?
"and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner" is the clue. You are not sponsoring your spouse now. You are sponsoring your parents. I think you are good to submit. That's my interpretation anyways.

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Right, but I have already included here in 3b(ii), in previous undertakings not in effect yet. But if I will count 1 as well in Question 5 it will duplicate her and as Question5 says ( Your spouse or common law partner, if not included in 3 above). I think then I keep it blank? Right?
Yes
Your family size in total would be 4
you =1
Your Spouse = 1
Your parents = 2

This question actually means that they want your spouse to be added into either of these questions but you should not duplicate it.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
What info you used to check your application status
You need to use UCI of either yourself or your parent. If you use your own UCI you will only see the application to sponsor received and when click on it will show the principal name of who you sponsor only, no dependent

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Are they residing here or visiting? I'd use Canada if they are staying here for over 6 months. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.
My mom is here on the super visa so I put Canada as her current country of residence, and status is "Visitor".
Hopefully, you are right dear...

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
"and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner" is the clue. You are not sponsoring your spouse now. You are sponsoring your parents. I think you are good to submit. That's my interpretation anyways.
So based on your case, it is taking 4 working days for ECAS to be updated. Assuming it stays the same, I can expect my ECAS to be updated on May 10th.

The discussion (a few pages back in this forum) on sending the forms early on when the workload on the Case Officers is light is relevant.

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
hi there what if my PR card got expired but it was valid at the time of submitting interest to sponsor form in January. Do they accept the expired PR card?