+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
and then found out they were not even eligible
Because eligibility requirements were kept secret and only revealed after EOI submission! No wait, they just didn't do their homework and blocked some eligible applicants. I'm starting to think there should be some kind of penalty.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because eligibility requirements were kept secret and only revealed after EOI submission! No wait, they just didn't do their homework and blocked some eligible applicants. I'm starting to think there should be some kind of penalty.
That's not true. Eligibility requirements were released before. People don't read them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed. These kind of people have been messing up with the system ever since lottery system came into effect.
There are so few requirements so I don't know how people can't check in advance. I guess if you are really close to LICO you could calculate and miss a couple hundred dollars but...

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
My understanding is that if the new kid is born after the paperwork is sent, he/she will count on the year he/she was born only and you'd have to have enough income then. I am on a similar situation: currently on a family of 3 (husband, mother (divorced) and myself) but I am pregnant. So when I filled out my interest form I counted a family of 3 for 2016/17/18 and am aware that will need to have enough money for a family of 4 in 2019.
If I got this wrong, someone should speak up, please! :)
Just popping in from 2018 application thread. I had a baby in September last year, and I was selected to sponsor my mother to come to Canada in March. I already have another child and husband who was co-signer and applied as family of 4. I informed the CIC about the addition of a new child in October, thinking they might ask to provide updated income or what not (as I went also on EI), but they never even acknowledged my webform/email submissions or asked any more questions or proofs... So not sure how significant it was in the end.We, however, meet income requirement even with the new baby. Hope this helps.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Just popping in from 2018 application thread. I had a baby in September last year, and I was selected to sponsor my mother to come to Canada in March. I already have another child and husband who was co-signer and applied as family of 4. I informed the CIC about the addition of a new child in October, thinking they might ask to provide updated income or what not (as I went also on EI), but they never even acknowledged my webform/email submissions or asked any more questions or proofs... So not sure how significant it was in the end.We, however, meet income requirement even with the new baby. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing!! How far are you in the whole process?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a feeling that letters will be sent out soon

Rounds of invitations
When we invite a group of potential sponsors to submit a complete application, we call this a round of invitations. Depending on the number of complete applications we receive, we may do more than 1 round of invitations.

For 2019, we’ll invite enough sponsors to receive 20,000 complete applications.

For each round of invitations:

• We only email the selected potential sponsors. To make sure you don’t miss our email:
    • Check the same email account you used on the interest to sponsor form.
    • Check the junk mail folder to see if the email from us is there.
    • Let us know if your email address changed.
  • We post your invitation status on this page.
  • We announce it on our Facebook page, our Twitter account and on our website.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
we are done. Submitted copy of passport (visa exempt country) to ottawa om April 1st, got copr back April 10th. Crossed border on the 18th of April. Took 11 months from start to finish.
OMG this is amazing!!! :D:D:D
Congratulations! Oh God, this is really amazing news, hope I am as lucky as you were with the processing time!!

Reactions: Verba