Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
IRCC mailed approval letter of visitor record to my old Canadian address, will they mail it again if I request so via web form? Thanks all
If you are looking for approval letter only, you can print it from your GCkey account but not Visitor Record as it's not there.

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
I’m actually looking for the visitor record that IRCC send in mail. My best bet is to request another copy to be mailed to my new address through web form I suppose ?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Like EI assume CERB is unlikely to be counted towards your income amount for LICO.
May be I understood it incorrectly but it does not say anything about your eligibility let alone if it affects your current or future sponsorship application

“ EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.”

Well I pretty clear and easily to understand.
"
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor. so IF you (sponsor) collect CERB (not EI) it will not effect your sponsorship

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking. so IF the person you sponsored in the past collecting EI and CERB will not make you ineligibility bz EI and CERB is not social assistance for sponsored person side.

"

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Well I pretty clear and easily to understand.
"
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor. so IF you (sponsor) collect CERB (not EI) it will not effect your sponsorship

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking. so IF the person you sponsored in the past collecting EI and CERB will not make you ineligibility bz EI and CERB is not social assistance for sponsored person side.

"
Was you ineligible if you collected EI? what?

Does it mean CERB and EI count towards your income?

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
CIC requested me to send additional documents.

I sent the documents on the email address they provided the next day.

Now, when I visit the application online, I see an option to upload the document on the CIC website but it is showing overdue. CIC did not mentioned to upload on website.

The application is still in pending status since February.

Does anyone has been through similar situation, what should do now, should I upload documents on the website or enquire them on the cic email address.

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
CIC requested me to send additional documents.

I sent the documents on the email address they provided the next day.

Now, when I visit the application online, I see an option to upload the document on the CIC website but it is showing overdue. CIC did not mentioned to upload on website.

The application is still in pending status since February.

Does anyone has been through similar situation, what should do now, should I upload documents on the website or enquire them on the cic email address.
There are many people in the similar situation with MYCIC portal. Send a webform to confirm they have all the document they requested. Make sure you are sending the request as an applicant (even though if sent the rep form before).

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Was you ineligible if you collected EI? what?

Does it mean CERB and EI count towards your income?
EI doesn't count towards LICO and CERB will most likely treat in the same way. The information is about clarifying it's not a social assistant and they will treat this as similar of EI benefit.

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Yes you have to apply online for both parents.
Also, when i apply online for supervisa Extension, it doesn’t ask for medical insurance in the list of documents to upload, and there is no placeholder to upload medical insurance documents? Do i need to upload documents showing medical insurance coverage in this case?

lampp

Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,
We're from June 20 application, and the only thing I see in ecas is application was received on June 20, 2019, nothing else. I received AOR November last year and nothing after that. Is there anyone else in the same boat? I understand the situation with covid but this seems unusually a long wait. In a few days it's going to be 1 year since my application was received in Ottawa and yet haven't even passed the sponsor stage. Appreciate feedbacks from others. Anyone else in similar situation?

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Any update after your received the Medical Surveillance undertaking? We received this form since March 7, 2020 and no update up to.
No update since then, We just went to see Dr and she asked for 1 more test which we did next day of visit and I am hopeful that by now she should have sent the report of that test to IRCC.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I have still not been able to link my application on ecas. Although my application was complete in October 2019 (after additional information was requested and sent); I still have not received an email with a final application number. So far I have an XF00..... application number. Anybody has any idea what I should do, or went through the same situation? Everytime I call IRCC they say my application is showing up as complete on their side, and I just have to wait. It makes no sense since based on people here, most if not all of those that completed their applications are already in later stages. Any ideas please?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I have still not been able to link my application on ecas. Although my application was complete in October 2019 (after additional information was requested and sent); I still have not received an email with a final application number. So far I have an XF00..... application number. Anybody has any idea what I should do, or went through the same situation? Everytime I call IRCC they say my application is showing up as complete on their side, and I just have to wait. It makes no sense since based on people here, most if not all of those that completed their applications are already in later stages. Any ideas please?
1. you can link to mycic only after Ecas available.
2. you submitted your application last week # 26 year 2019 around 26th Jun 2019 or after with missing document that CIC was requested with temp File # XF. Wait for your Ecas first. now a day processing is very slow.

Please check tracker same timeline with missing document CIC requested waiting for Ecas. Please wait.

List of Applicant waiting for Ecas | check flowchart

Last edited: