+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hi
@robertp

called CIC today and they said i will received SA approuval letter at the end of march...while DM was mid february.. more than 4 weeks to send a letter ...

Last edited:

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
I agree that you should invest in a consultation but whether they can actually help is another matter. The instructions for meeting LICO and family size are quite clear and the income requirements are quite low given the actual cost of living in most of Canada. Others have met the requirement or not applied if they didn’t. There have been people who have been refused for missing the cut-off by a few hundred dollars. @InlovewithMaple was advised numerous times to include his brother in his family size but chose not to listen.
If this is indeed the case then the file should be rightfully rejected. There was another person who was trying to do something similar. He was boasting how his US income was easily over the threshold but he did not have the required income history within Canada but applied anyways and that he would use a lawyer to make his case. I don't know what came of it but he went silent after a few comments. My personal view is that by doing so we are taking away spots that rightfully belong to others and we are going against the values that Canada stands for. Many people wait for many years to be able to rightfully sponsor. This also creates unnecessary work on the immigration processing system since they have to invest time, resources and taxpayer money on processing unqualified applications. Not knowing or understanding the rules is not an excuse. This forum itself has enough information to support evaluation of requirements.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thank you. The latest is "We sent MD RAHMAN a letter on January 29, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
That letter was biometric request.
PA shows inprocess or app received??
Mine shows inprocess and latest started processing on Feb 21,2020.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

I applied for my mother sponsorship in 2019 intake. My is brother is living in Canada and he's on work permit after finishing his studies. He's 1997 born and I did not declare him as dependent. Now CIC is asking for additional document IMM008dep. If I add him on my mothers application my income won't be enough to sponsor both ( Mother and brother ).

My question is if I fill the form and send it back to CIC. Are they going to decline the application on the basis that my income is enough ?
You should consult a good lawyer, and maybe prepare a good document to support why you think your brother does not qualify as a dependent.

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
yes - use webform.
oh no. I realized now, My parents also got rejected for Canada's visitor visa in 2011 when they applied for the first time. I didn't mention that in Schedule A form. i thought that question was only for refugee or Permanent resident visa but i read the full question now it says or Visitor or temporary visa, to Canada or any other Country?

@robertp - What should i do now? I am nervous.

Almas90

Feb 27, 2020
Hi, I am new here. I want to know how can we get PCC from saudi arabia. My parents live in Saudi Arabia they are legal residents. Have anyone recently got PCC from riyadh. Please let me know.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
oh no. I realized now, My parents also got rejected for Canada's visitor visa in 2011 when they applied for the first time. I didn't mention that in Schedule A form. i thought that question was only for refugee or Permanent resident visa but i read the full question now it says or Visitor or temporary visa, to Canada or any other Country?

@robertp - What should i do now? I am nervous.
submit web-form to correct mistake.

Reactions: canuck78

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi, I am new here. I want to know how can we get PCC from saudi arabia. My parents live in Saudi Arabia they are legal residents. Have anyone recently got PCC from riyadh. Please let me know.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
@robertp - Hi Rob,

There are questions :
4(D) - been refused refugee status......
4(E) - been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other Country?

Do i need to answer both to YES as they got rejection for the visitor visa in 2011 but then they applied in 2013 and got the visitor Visa to Canada?

and also where should i download the new/updated IMM5669 form, do we need handwritten signature?

Please advise.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp - Hi Rob,

There are questions :
4(D) - been refused refugee status......
4(E) - been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other Country?

Do i need to answer both to YES as they got rejection for the visitor visa in 2011 but then they applied in 2013 and got the visitor Visa to Canada?

and also where should i download the new/updated IMM5669 form, do we need handwritten signature?

Please advise.
4(d)
submit scanned copy. ( Parents handwritten sign required)

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
That's not correct.

My parents' medical passed date in MYCIC: Sept. 19, 2019
Visa Expiry: Sept. 19, 2020
I said a week after medical CONDUCTED. In your case the doctor submitted the result right after. Validation of medical start calculating since the last assessment. And it depends on the applicant medical result and when the doctor submits it.

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.