+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Guys, i am new to this thread and will really appreciate your guidance, i got a confirmation number for my intrest form, however i have not recieved an email as yet , can some one advise if it is normal
Some senior members here told me that, CIC will be sending out invitation for the first 20,000 submission it received in chronological order. Once the deadline (June 28 I think) is up, if it does not receive complete 20,000 applications, IRCC will invite a second round of confirmation number...
So you may wait a bit in the next few days or week(s) and see what happen then...

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Spreadsheet updates:

Include @usr19 or quote one of my posts so that I get a notification.

All times in eastern time. Include EST/EDT or just ET in your time so that we know that's the time you're providing.

13:05 format for all times. Not 1:05, 1.05 or 13.05.
Apr 1, 2019 format for all dates.

Use this exact template please (no need to repeat what's already in the sheet):

Interest Form: 13:05 EST (or just ET).
Confirmation Email: 13:05 EST (or just ET)
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 1, 2019 13:05 EDT (or just ET).
Application Received by CIC: Apr 1, 2019
hi, can you update my info?

interest form 12:06 pm
confirmation email 12:50pm
invitation letter: April 24 5:30pm
application received by CIC: May1, 2019

appreciate it.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, can you update my info?

interest form 12:06 pm
confirmation email 12:50pm
invitation letter: April 24 5:30pm
application received by CIC: May1, 2019

appreciate it.
wow so fast!!!!
How did you fill out travel history outside of country if any for your parents?

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Guys - Do we need to certify all the photocopies we attach with the application? For example, do I need to find a notary for certifying the photocopy of my passport, birth certificate etc. even though they are in English? I am a bit confused whether that's needed only for translation related documents or any photocopy of original document we attach. ( see language below)
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
......"
Certified true copies only applies to the documents you will need to have translated.
if the document is in english, like your passport, there is no need to have those certified. Photocopy is fine.

Reactions: redhat82

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I got my Invitation email last week as well and have started completing the forms. I am stumped on the Education history (question 5 on form eimm5669e) for both of my parents and I am hoping if someone had encountered similar struggle or any advice you can tell me is greatly appreciated.

I am able to provide the number of years they completed per level of schooling. However on the note to give full details of all secondary and post-secondary where my issues begin:

1st issue for my dad which is the principal applicant – the High School he attended have closed down many years ago (closed by the government – as it was a public school and is now a mall in the Philippines)

We can find his high school diploma which it would have the issue date but we no longer have any transcript of records to obtain the From date (*yyyy/mm) and To date (was hoping to use the issue date in the diploma for this) required in the form

2nd issue is for my mom – she grew up in the province and attended a provincial secondary school/high school – her diploma was lost when my grandparents moved houses in the province and she doesn’t have any transcript of records as well. We tried contacting the said school but it is currently summer vacation and they only have security guards as this is in the province – no admin officers as well. For my mom’s high school dates, is it acceptable to put Unknown in both to and From dates, or is this a deal breaker. The school opens in June and we won’t have enough time to request and wait until they process then submit on time for Jun 28.

Any help or advice is appreciated, sorry for the long post! Thank you and good luck to everyone!
First off, it's hard to read with that text size.
Do they not remember what year their education was? Are there anybody you can probably ask to check their education background - maybe brothers and sisters?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Do we need to certify all the photocopies we attach with the application? For example, do I need to find a notary for certifying the photocopy of my passport, birth certificate etc. even though they are in English? I am a bit confused whether that's needed only for translation related documents or any photocopy of original document we attach. ( see language below)
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
......"
You do not need to notarize copy of documents which are in english unless it is stated.
Any Document which is not in engloish need Certified translation along with copy of original.

gifty123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Please someone ans this:
I am separated from my husband from last three years i dont even know where he is. We dont have any children and doenst have anything in joint like bank account etc. And i am filling tax as separated status from last three years. I need to know do i have to count my husband while calculating family size? I dont have any court separation agreement. I will be applying for divorce this week. I am thinking to put petition from lawyer that i have filed my divorce which will show separation date on it and affidavit.Do i still have to include my husband in family size calculation. Please let me know if anyone has same situation or any experience.

Thanks

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Help needed please

For imm5669, what should we put in given name?
For the rest of the forms, I have used given name in last name field and left given name blank.

Please advise if its ok to put “not applicable” in imm5669 to validate it.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Financial Evaluation form IMM5768E -
Do I have to add separate row for the same tax year when there is change in family size but same employer?
If yes, How do I calculate the gross income? Can I give NOA value at the row for period ending with Dec-31 for the tax year?

For Example:
2016-04-18 - 2016-12-31 Family size 4 gross income $xxxxx
2016-01-01 - 2016-04-17 Family size 3 <<blank>>
You don't need to sperate dates when your family size is changed. You will include the family change for the full year. For example, if a family is 3 members and then a baby is born in March 2017 it will be following.
2017-01-01 | 2017-12-31 | Family size 4 | Gross Income $

Reactions: rawfile

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
In the form 0008enu_2d, under personal details section question 11 "Date and place of your last entry to Canada", gets deactivated while I am filling the form electronically. Should I print the form and hand write it?

Any help will be appreciated.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
In the form 0008enu_2d, under personal details section question 11 "Date and place of your last entry to Canada", gets deactivated while I am filling the form electronically. Should I print the form and hand write it?

Any help will be appreciated.
That is only required if you select current country of residence as Canada, if your parents are in Canada currently.
If not, then that field will grey out so no need to put anything there.

Reactions: panther360

punjabi2121

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Original send to CIO
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I saw some posts that in one of the forms we have write the names in the native language. Can anybody tell me that in which form and which column we have to do this?

simatar

Jun 17, 2010
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
VISA ISSUED...
waiting sa biyaya ng Panginoon
Please someone ans this:
I am separated from my husband from last three years i dont even know where he is. We dont have any children and doenst have anything in joint like bank account etc. And i am filling tax as separated status from last three years. I need to know do i have to count my husband while calculating family size? I dont have any court separation agreement. I will be applying for divorce this week. I am thinking to put petition from lawyer that i have filed my divorce which will show separation date on it and affidavit.Do i still have to include my husband in family size calculation. Please let me know if anyone has same situation or any experience.

Thanks
For my personal opinion, I think you have to count your husband because legally you are still married. You are about to apply for divorce and there's no decision yet so again you are still married. Count him in the family size.