+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

huzcan

May 6, 2013
App1 # Sponsor DM Nov 16th.
App2 # BM request Nov 12th, SA and additional docs Passport/Travel Document, Travel history, PCC, CV -- Nov 15th

Reactions: laxsun

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun please update my information:
Biometrics request emails for both parents were received yesterday, November 16th.
Ecas status is decision made (however, I cannot see which decision and I didn't get an email about that yet)

Biometrics emails were sent from CPC Mississauga. Does it mean that it will be our case processing center? My parents live and work in Russia, but I was appointed as a representative.

Reactions: robertp

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun please update my information:
Biometrics request emails for both parents were received yesterday, November 16th.
Ecas status is decision made (however, I cannot see which decision and I didn't get an email about that yet)

Biometrics emails were sent from CPC Mississauga. Does it mean that it will be our case processing center? My parents live and work in Russia, but I was appointed as a representative.
Most of the letters are send from Mississauga, but it very well could be your LVO. Your LVO will be mentioned in SA letter. It took 7 days for me to get an email with SA letter recently.

Reactions: Netesteph

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
@YULIA-2016 @laxsun @robertp
Received SA letter, Bio and PCC request on Nov 15, 2019. CPC-Mississauga is LVO

Question: Guys who are getting their PCC from India specifically from Punjab. Where and how are you getting PCC done? Are you going through passport service or directly to police?

Question: In the letter I received it says that BIO instructions are provided but I don't see anything regarding instructions. I have already paid BIO fees with my application. Should I wait for instructions to come through my email? or should I call CIC? How to proceed with it?
My parents got the PCC from Jalandhar passport seva kendar.

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
So, I too got the "sponsor ship is approved" letter yesterday for my parents. They completed BioMetrics on 12th Nov. (kunalap #1 in the sheet)
They have asked for quite a few things PROVIDED they were not submitted in the original application.
Need some help around these points:

1. Passport/Travel Documents - This was obviously given with the original application right? Should I send again?

2. PCC - My father and mother are working on getting this already in India for India. Do they need one for Canada too if they were in Canada this year for 6+ months?

3. Country Specific Requirements: INDIA: This is bringing up all forms that were submitted in initial application - right? Or am I supposed to send something here. I am confused big time about this one.

4. Your Travels (IMM 5562) form - Parents working on filling this out.

5. CV/Resume - They are making a skeletal 1 page document listing out work experience and education.

Thanks in advance.
anyone care to comment?

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
1. If you have already sent with all pages then no need to send again
2. You dont need PCC for Canada.
3. No need to send anything from there.

So, I too got the "sponsor ship is approved" letter yesterday for my parents. They completed BioMetrics on 12th Nov. (kunalap #1 in the sheet)
They have asked for quite a few things PROVIDED they were not submitted in the original application.
Need some help around these points:

1. Passport/Travel Documents - This was obviously given with the original application right? Should I send again?

2. PCC - My father and mother are working on getting this already in India for India. Do they need one for Canada too if they were in Canada this year for 6+ months?

3. Country Specific Requirements: INDIA: This is bringing up all forms that were submitted in initial application - right? Or am I supposed to send something here. I am confused big time about this one.

4. Your Travels (IMM 5562) form - Parents working on filling this out.

5. CV/Resume - They are making a skeletal 1 page document listing out work experience and education.

Thanks in advance.

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
Hello everyone. A couple of questions:

1. I got SA letter on 15th with the list of things to submit (travel form, PCC etc). Later that day I tried to login to mycic but I had forgotten both username and password. So I had to make a new account and link application. My question is, is the biometric letter sent through myCIC or email? I'm concerned that it might have shown up in previous mycic account and I didn't get it because I made new account.

2. The SA letter mentions that PCC should be from country you currently live in and any country lived in for 6 months and more. I know people say Canada is not included, but my mom has been here on supervisa for almost 2 years now and some people have been getting some kind of RCMP fingerprint request. The SA letter does not explicitly say - NOT Canada. Anyone in the same situation, please tell me if I should get PCC for Canada or not?

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
anyone care to comment?
3. Yes you have to send. The link that is provided in the letter takes you to a spousal sponsorship page. The country specific requirements listed there are applicable for PGP, namely (for India), the supplementary travels form and parents birth certificate or school certificates and voter ID in lieu of birth certificate.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@YULIA-2016:

Could you please add the following info to the tracker:
  • Sponsored People: 2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: British Columbia
  • Invitations Receive Date: 4-27-2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 20, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): None
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:None
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: None
  • Sponsorship In process Date: None
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: None
  • Local Visa Office :None
  • Biometric request :None
  • MyCIC update:None
  • IME request :None
  • PCC request:None
  • Additional document / travel history request date :None
  • Comment / additional information :None

Reactions: robertp

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
@YULIA-2016
Hello, CIC requested PCC for my mother. She is on a visitor visa and she is currently in Toronto, Canada. She doesn't have the Canadian address proof. I checked information online and it is stated that address proof is one of the requirements for getting PCC in Canada. What should I do? Please any help on this will be really appreciated. Thanks!
I would like others to confirm but I don't think you need to provide PCC for Canada.

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
If your parents are here in Canada, instructions are clear to give PCC from the country they currently live in and others they have lived in for 6 months or more. If they are currently in Canada and have spent six months or more then they required to provide PCC from Canada