+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hey Guys,
I got Decision Made on Sponsor Applicant but haven't received any email stating the decision yet. I remember few of you had the same issue where you didn't get email even when online status showed Decision Made. What did you have to do in this case? Or should I just wait?

Reactions: Netesteph

geetu777

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Can you get the rcmp fingerprinting done in Canada? Or can can you get an exemption?
Hello,
I received biometric letter as well for both of my parents and they are in Canada. They gave me only a month to show up outside of Canada to VAC center to get the biometrics done as no centers in Canada right now. I spoke to 2 different agents in IRCC and one said they had to leave the country other said they can be exempted as they were here when they submitted their application. I have sent a web form request and still watering for an answer.

geetu777

Nov 8, 2019
Hey guys
The most stupid upsetting thing happened to us today!
I have been waiting for DM for my mom since Sep 27th when all additional docs were requested and submitted.
My mom left Canada and went back home last night and this morning I woke up to the BIOMETRICS request letter from CPC Mississauga !!!!!

Has this ever happened before, biometrics after all this? The funny thing is that mycic shows her biometrics from 2017 visitor visa.

it was in our application that my mom will be leaving Canada on Nov 11th. I think all this time they were waiting for her to go back and request the Biometrics. Now she has to go to another country again just to do the biometrics!!

btw, mycic changed to “we are processing your background check” and “we do not need your fingerprints” which is funny.
If she is in India why does she need to go to another country to get Biometrics done? Does the letter state that she has to go to another country other than Canada.My parents are in Canada and letter I received asked them to leave Canada to get the biometrics done which I ma still waiting for exemption.

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone whose parents are in Canada on visitor visa and have applied for extension got biometric request. What did you do? Were you able to request them to exempt it as parents are in Canada. Is it true that you can also get biometrics done from port of entry?????
I have already updated there address to canadian address and have update about there visitor extension to cic for parents sponsorship via webform.
I received AOR sept 30th. I was able to link application online. Online status shows application received June 5th.Waiting for for process.

Please share your experience

Thank you
I am exactly in same situation. Lets keep in touch. Please send me a pm

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
Hello,
I received biometric letter as well for both of my parents and they are in Canada. They gave me only a month to show up outside of Canada to VAC center to get the biometrics done as no centers in Canada right now. I spoke to 2 different agents in IRCC and one said they had to leave the country other said they can be exempted as they were here when they submitted their application. I have sent a web form request and still watering for an answer.
The system to obtain biometrics is really not good. They should have setup centres in Canada and then request biometrics or just simply exempt parents in Canada until they country out. Please keep us posted what they reply you back. I am in the same boat.

No biometrics so far only AOR.
When did you receive AOR?

huzcan

May 6, 2013
The system to obtain biometrics is really not good. They should have setup centres in Canada and then request biometrics or just simply exempt parents in Canada until they country out. Please keep us posted what they reply you back. I am in the same boat.

No biometrics so far only AOR.
When did you receive AOR?
Its really stressing us

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
Hey Guys,
I got Decision Made on Sponsor Applicant but haven't received any email stating the decision yet. I remember few of you had the same issue where you didn't get email even when online status showed Decision Made. What did you have to do in this case? Or should I just wait?
Me too..no communication since DM

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, posting my questions again, hoping to get a response.

two questions :

1. my parents and their dependent are in India, while their file is being processed. How would they go about getting upfront PCC and medicals ? Just want to get it done to avoid any glitches or last minute delays. (will redo if it expires or gets requested again)

2. we have a paid representative on our file. how can we submit the upfront medical and PCC ?