+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
For all those trying to link the application on GCKey:

Use this approach, it does not require any additional information from CIC. You just need the information that you already filled in the forms (I was able to find mine today using this approach). If your file is in the system you will be able to find it.

Select Category: Permanent Residence
Select Sub-Category: Family Class (Parent and grandparent)

For Application Detail Select: Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth
Note: You need to put principal applicant's details here

For Applicant's Personal Details Select: Place of Birth

For Other Application Information:

Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application

For number of family members, the calculation is
your parents + you (sponsor) + co signer (if applicable), ignore kids in this count
e.g if you are sponsoring both parents and have a co-signer, the calculation is 2+1+1 = 4

Note:
Make sure the information is exactly the same as what you filled on forms, use scan copy of the forms you sent, if you have one. Form IMM 0008 has all the information that is required.

If you can't find your application using this information, your file is not in the system yet. You will have to wait, getting a temporary file number or anything else can't help you. Be patient, wait a couple of days and then try again

GOOD LUCK!! linking your application.

Thanks this was very helpful in linking my application!

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello, received AOR today and got a couple of questions.

1.) Is it normal that AOR only indicates the Primary applicant and not the dependent on the first part of the letter?
2.) What do I put on how many people are included in this application? (1=Mom 1=Dad =1 My Wife 1=Myself as a co signer) so a total of 4?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello, received AOR today and got a couple of questions.

1.) Is it normal that AOR only indicates the Primary applicant and not the dependent on the first part of the letter?
2.) What do I put on how many people are included in this application? (1=Mom 1=Dad =1 My Wife 1=Myself as a co signer) so a total of 4?
Yes. Yes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi all, based on the discussions and what you are aware of, what are the chances for a early stage diabetes to pass the medical exam.

my mom's measures do not reach the diabetes lower range, but are very close. she did the urine test this morning, already got a call from clinic to redo the test. worrying now :(

Thank you.
Sounds like Type 2 diabetes. Would encourage her to lose some weight unless she is already thin and become more active. Change her diet and if that doesn’t work take some tablets. Often diet and exercise will solve the problem. People of South East Asian origin are very prone to diabetes which then leads to their problems like kidney issues and lots of vascular issues

Reactions: gcodtao

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
I am waiting for AoR, and my parent want to visit Canada but I am worried about Biometric (as they dont have US Visa). What should I do?
1) Let them come here and apply US visa, not sure how difficult/ how long it will take. I have never applied US visa.
2) Ask them to stay there and wait for Bio, My application reached on June 12 (Approximately How long it should take from now?)

They wanted to be here for Christmas, and do not want to travel back to India only for BIO. Any suggestion?
You are about to get AOR..:):):)