+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Subani

Nov 2, 2017
Hi need to sponsor for my mother and am a permanent resident Now I am in maternity leave since from May 16, and on this year my husband got immigrant to canada on June and he is with me he started working from august. How can I do the application do I need to hire lawyer. I came to canada on Jan 2015 as a live in foreign worker program.

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
Hello to everyone,
I have applied for my mother and I only have this confirmation that my mother application received on June 20 delivered through Canada post.
After that I have received no confirmation or any correspondence from Canada immigration regarding my mother’s application.
I called them two weeks ago, the agent told me that’s it’s too early for me to get confirmation. I am worried about my mother’s application. How can I check status of my Mother’s

Christy_Lu

Oct 4, 2019
Would IRCC send out the biometric request after medical request and PCC request?

The reason that I ask is because seems the biometric must be done outside of Canada.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello to everyone,
I have applied for my mother and I only have this confirmation that my mother application received on June 20 delivered through Canada post.
After that I have received no confirmation or any correspondence from Canada immigration regarding my mother’s application.
I called them two weeks ago, the agent told me that’s it’s too early for me to get confirmation. I am worried about my mother’s application. How can I check status of my Mother’s
Upto June 6 got the AoR. Upto June 11 eCas got updated as of today. Wait for about 2-3 wks

Reactions: lynne197910

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016 I have received the Sponsor Approval letter today in the email (Oct. 4th) along with additional documentation, namely:

Copy of all passport page, Biometrics (if applicable), Police Certificate, Travels (IMM 5562), CV/Resume, Country Specific Requirements, Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable)

Visa office would be CPC-Mississauga.

Two Questions
1) Does my mom need to submit Biometrics if she lives in Canada? She's lived in Canada on a visitor visa for several years and was living in Canada when the application was submitted.

2) Is it better to submit these documents gradually as they become available, or wait until we have all of them ready before I submit them?

Reactions: robertp

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
@robertp
please update: I got request for Hukou and criminal clearance on October 1. By the way, if my mother has spent 10 month in Canada every year since 2014, but no one time exceeded 6 moths on her regular visitor visa. Do we need get a police certificate also from Canada?
it took such a long time for you to get additional docs request? I remember you got DM1 pretty early.

amitpal.gta@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2016
I got following letter, I m confused that I never got separate request letter for biometric as my parents are in Canada on supervisa from the time of application.Should I consider it as biometric request too or ignore it as I never got any letter before .i paid biometric fee with Initial application. Plz help

Passport/Travel Document:

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate:
 Country Specific Requirements:
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562):
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable):
 CV/Resume:

Reactions: mostafa2008

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

please update line 222, user: shayshay

Biometrics requested
Did directly ask for biometrics on a separate email? In my case the Sponsor Approval Letter indicates:

Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics.

Does that mean if we have not received a separate request for biometrics we should not worry about it? My mom lives in Canada and was here at the time of application too. (I paid the biometrics fee at the time of application to be safe but I am hoping we are not required to provide biometrics as my mom is in Canada and her online application shows a valid biometrics code on file which is valid for few more years).

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
I got following letter, I m confused that I never got separate request letter for biometric as my parents are in Canada on supervisa from the time of application.Should I consider it as biometric request too or ignore it as I never got any letter before .i paid biometric fee with Initial application. Plz help

Passport/Travel Document:

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.
Biometrics requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate:
 Country Specific Requirements:
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562):
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable):
 CV/Resume:
I have an exact same question as you :)

Andrew1990

Mar 23, 2018
Good Day, quick question. I'm separated from my wife and we are in the process of divorce which probably will not be completed till next application date. If I'd like to sponsor both parents, how should I count family size in this situation (when we are separated)? 3 or 4?