+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Kshah2302

May 5, 2019
Hi Team,

I applied for my parents (mother & Father) and my application received to Ottawa on 31st May. No update after that anyone can tell me when I will get AOR approximately. Currently which applicants are getting AOR ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Current passport all page copy only.
  1. Action required) Travel history for the past 10 years:
    1. Please complete the Excel spreadsheet uploaded in Titan File.
    2. Please send passport all pages (Current and expired passports covering 10-year period)
That's what my lawyer sent to me. Looks like they want all passports current and expired covering 10 year period?

I can see why you say only current passport from the IRCC letter
Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.

Anyway my lawyer requested the last 10 years so I will just follow. I suppose no harm giving more information? I also filled out an excel spreadsheet that lists every single travel my parents made in the passports covering the last 10 years and some. This was not specifically asked of in the IRCC letter.

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
No you cannot save the information.
When you open the pdf form, on top it gives you a notification that any information entered will not be saved. Then even if you try to save the info, on save as function- it says you can only save blank form and advised to print and fill it.
If you have Adobe Pro (not the reader), you can save the data. I saved the below file last night and opened it just now.

Reactions: ankz001 and deleter

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
If you have Adobe Pro (not the reader), you can save the data. I saved the below file last night and opened it just now.

I think my lawyer asked for the spreadsheet excel file she sent me to be filled so she can fill this form for me.

Also the copies of all pages of passports that cover this 10 year period serve as proof for IRCC as to the accuracy of the info given in the supplementary travel info form.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
This is not correct info.

Letter is mentioning for the passport which has more than 12 months expiry.

In the letter they do ask for

Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form

It makes sense if you are filling that travel form that you would provide passports covering the 10 year period to show proof of travel history in that period.

so the passport thing is BOTH the request for current passport with 12 months validity

AND

All previous passports that cover the 10 year period for the purpose of proof of travels in the supplementary travel information form.

I agree with my lawyer providing that information upfront. It is very time consuming. But I think it will make my case officer's work easier when processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny_scars

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
If you check the tracker, some May 31st and some June 3rd applicants got AOR on September 16th. We are still waiting for the next AOR batch to be sent out. Has ECAS been activated for you? Have you sucessfully linked the PR application? If yes, you are likely to receive AOR with the next batch, hopefully next week.

Hi Team,

I applied for my parents (mother & Father) and my application received to Ottawa on 31st May. No update after that anyone can tell me when I will get AOR approximately. Currently which applicants are getting AOR ?

Kshah2302

May 5, 2019
If you check the tracker, some May 31st and some June 3rd applicants got AOR on September 16th. We are still waiting for the next AOR batch to be sent out. Has ECAS been activated for you? Have you sucessfully linked the PR application? If yes, you are likely to receive AOR with the next batch, hopefully next week.
Thanks for your reply yes I already linked application. Can you please give me link for tracker so I can even update

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Can someone please clarify if we need to send birth certificate of parent that we are sponsoring
I received the generic email from CPC-M regarding PCC etc and it also asks about country specific documents.
I am ONLY sponsoring my mother, with no Dependents. My father is deceased.
The selection does not allow to select "Parents" so I am confused.

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
@Kshah2302

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date:

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Can someone please clarify if we need to send birth certificate of parent that we are sponsoring
I received the generic email from CPC-M regarding PCC etc and it also asks about country specific documents.
Check country specific requirements. If it is not there, don’t send.

Gast2019

Star Member
May 11, 2019
5) Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses
, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Does your letter say the same?

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
@Here guys, I need help!
I am completing my parents application for CSQ (Quebec immigration). I want to know how much income I need to have? In my family It’s me and my wife. I am sponsoring my father and mother. I sponsored my wife, she got her PR on June 20, 2016.
Thanks

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
In the letter they do ask for

Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family
members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form

It makes sense if you are filling that travel form that you would provide passports covering the 10 year period to show proof of travel history in that period.

so the passport thing is BOTH the request for current passport with 12 months validity

AND

All previous passports that cover the 10 year period for the purpose of proof of travels in the supplementary travel information form.

I agree with my lawyer providing that information upfront. It is very time consuming. But I think it will make my case officer's work easier when processing.

Hello.

Just for clarification, since it’s just my mom who I’m sponsoring since my dad is deceased, and all my siblings are no longer dependent and are not part of the application, so the only part that we fill in is the “You” part and just put “Not Applicable” to all other sections?

Thank you!