+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Hey'all!

I have finally received an e-mail from CIC - ten min ago:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

I am Brazilian, living in Canada - mom lives here with me. I know it doesn't matter but.. why the heck would they send my file to Mexico?! I haven't read this forum in a while so maybe something happened and I am unaware.. anyone with thoughts?
Well, well, @danny_scars, one of our most popular members & a great contributor to this forum; glad to see progress on your front finally :D:D

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hey'all!

I have finally received an e-mail from CIC - ten min ago:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

I am Brazilian, living in Canada - mom lives here with me. I know it doesn't matter but.. why the heck would they send my file to Mexico?! I haven't read this forum in a while so maybe something happened and I am unaware.. anyone with thoughts?
please share your In process and DM date.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
People got 30 days extension so far from the first extension request.
Thank you bdidol!
I was wondering if it would make sense to let IRCC know now or wait for biometrics request letter to ask for extension?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents did their medicals at Dr Dharmavathy, Scarborough today. Nice doctor and the receptionist. Blood work and X-rays were done in the adjoining building. Total expenditure $482 (for two persons). Report will be uploaded in 5-7 working days

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Would wait to see if you get a PFL. If you do I would consider getting a lawyer.[/QUOTE
Thank you. Does it means that not all applicants receive the fairness letter if its medical inadmissible? Since i have to resubmit the background forms again, should I mention about my dad situation? I did not when i submitted first back in June since he hasnt been diagosed.

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Continue. What have you got to lose? I dont think you will get a refund anyway.
Thank you. Since i have to resubmit the background forms again, should I mention about my dad situation? I did not when i submitted first back in June since he hasnt been diagosed.

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Would wait to see if you get a PFL. If you do I would consider getting a lawyer.
Thank you. Does it means that not all applicants receive the fairness letter if its medical inadmissible? Since i have to resubmit the background forms again, should I mention about my dad situation? I did not when i submitted first back in June since he hasnt been diagosed.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
if i were you, i would.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thank you. Since i have to resubmit the background forms again, should I mention about my dad situation? I did not when i submitted first back in June since he hasnt been diagosed.
Is it a question that is asked on the form?

Eg medical status of your parents?

If so yes. If not then are you asking if you should write an addendum letter or something?

I wouldn't. Why offer information that is unfavorable to your case if they dont ask you for it?

Last edited: