+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DP_7025

Sep 8, 2019
NOW, I can see my mother's file on process status online. and I got biometrics request. I am trying to get it done on 13 Sept 2019 from NYC. if not works then i will send her India.

I got email today from CIC that I met all requirement for sponsor my mother so now they forwarding my application to Delhi/India.

please update spread sheet.

Thank you
Hi Harshadbhai,

Have you booked appointment at USCIS New york or Visa Application Centre (VAS) newyork? I got same letter for biometric for my parents and they just came to Canada 2 months ago on supervisa.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi Harshadbhai,

Have you booked appointment at USCIS New york or Visa Application Centre (VAS) newyork? I got same letter for biometric for my parents and they just came to Canada 2 months ago on supervisa.
Just book the appointment as soon as you can, I assure you the drive and border crossing is longer than the actual fingerprints taking
Good luck

Reactions: DP_7025

philchen

Oct 23, 2018
Good morning! I submitted the application and was received on May 30 and there’s no any update. Just nothing. Is it normal? Anyone has the same situation as me? Thanks!

mohitgoyal

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Your mom can do biometrics in USA if she has a USA visa.
If not, I would say apply for her USA visa as soon as she comes here.
Also, update her address on the same day when she lands here, may be (less chance though) they will exempt her from biometrics.
There is no way to do bio upfront.

Alright ! Thanks a lot, will do.

Reactions: calgary17

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi guys is it normal for status to be decision made and not have this reflected with in cic login? No medical or PCC requests have been made guessing it just takes time to update in cic accounts page?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi guys is it normal for status to be decision made and not have this reflected with in cic login? No medical or PCC requests have been made guessing it just takes time to update in cic accounts page?
There is a update in myCIC in review of eligibility section should change to “we started reviewing your eligibility “.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi,

My parents have completed bio metrics when applying for visitor visa , do they need to get bio metrics for PR sponsorship as well.
Does any one have idea.

Since they will be in Canada, when I might receive invitation for bio metrics for PR sponsorship.

Thanks.

kwinkal

Star Member
Nov 23, 2012
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update Line # 173

Biometrics done and Received - Aug 26, 2019
Medical done - Aug 22, 2019 Passed - Sept 3, 2019

Waiting for PCC now and seems Mississauga has not even started sending PCC request. Even for whose IME Passed in July.

Is there any reason for not requesting PCC? Any idea.

Thank you
Kwinkal

Reactions: idefix and robertp

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
Waiting for PCC now and seems Mississauga has not even started sending PCC request. Even for whose IME Passed in July.

Is there any reason for not requesting PCC? Any idea.
CPC-M is working and issuing stuff (AOR, Biometrics, IME etc.) in batches. As per their trend so far, I think we should see PCCs being requested sometime before the end of this month.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
I have a distantly related question regarding temporary stay in Canada. My parents just gave their biometrics yesterday in the US (CPC-M is processing their case). When we entered the border at the Douglas crossing, the CBSA officer, for whatever reason, asked when they are leaving and, if so, why. I explained they intend to stay here to await the finalization of the the PGP application, but he seemed to insist they ought to leave Canada before their 6-mo stay expiry in October. I don't understand why, if they left Canada and re-entered (same-day). Doesn't that count as a reset of the 6-month counter, so to speak?

Reactions: idefix and jaindba

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I have a distantly related question regarding temporary stay in Canada. My parents just gave their biometrics yesterday in the US (CPC-M is processing their case). When we entered the border at the Douglas crossing, the CBSA officer, for whatever reason, asked when they are leaving and, if so, why. I explained they intend to stay here to await the finalization of the the PGP application, but he seemed to insist they ought to leave Canada before their 6-mo stay expiry in October. I don't understand why, if they left Canada and re-entered (same-day). Doesn't that count as a reset of the 6-month counter, so to speak?
I think it is 48 hours stay out of country before you re-enter to enjoy that next 6 months stay circle. But again it all depends on the Immigration officer who you will see while entering Canada again. There is no hard and fast rule it all on the discretion of the Immigration Officer.

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Are they on visitor visa or super visa? Do their passports have 6 months expiry stamps?