+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
why will there be many going to be rejected....
why are you guys so certain there will be second round...
bonus question: do you know what does the validated barcode does?
Not so much many rejected but many will not apply because you have to commit $$$ by paying when you apply.

The FIFO system is an upgrade on the lottery but the same problem is still there. There is no commitment required to submit the EOI. It is free. You can even make false declarations on your income.

So it is open to abuse. This year IRCC asked for identification as proof of Canadian residency. But it looks like they didnt bother to cross reference this. I am guessing they wont screen till they receive applications.

Good move. Cos why do work when no one is paying?

So there are literally thousands of people who submitted EOI and got ITA who either do not meet LICO or are not even Canadian residents.

The barrier to entry for EOI is literally zero.

Just watch. There will be another call for EOIs in August.

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Hello Guys
I am new to this form, and received email by CIC to submit parents sponsorship application. I have one silly question, and hoping one of you may can answer. Do I need two copies of each of the following forms. 1 copy for dad, and 1 copy for mom?

IMM 5771 - Document Checklist - 2 copies (each parent) ?
IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor - 2 copies (each parent) ?
IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation - 2 copies (each parent) ?

IMM 0008 - Generic Applicationb Form for Canada - 2 copies (each parent) ?
IMM 0008DEP - Application Dependants - 2 copies (each parent) ?
IMM5669 - Schedule A - 2 copies (each parent) ?
IMM 5406 - Additional Famliy Information - 2 copies (each parent) ?

If need 2 copies (1 for each parent), do they both go in one envelope? or separate?
Could somebody please respond. I am looking for the same info. Adding another one below
Use of representative form - 2 copies (each parent) ?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hello there, I am in a same boat. do you think we should reach out to an authorized consultant and get the paid consultation ? we can split fee , i just don't want to mess up the application for a few dollars.. I think there are some other questions in the application that are a bit confusing.. let me know. Thanks
Sorry,No not interested for paid consultation. But lets check if anyone else is aware about this.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qestion14 and 17: on form 5768
Provide employment history for 3 years.

On the column family size: I just need to confirm my understanding here that we are including the number that we determine in Question 7, correct?
Family size means us + our parents? In this case is, myself, my wife, 2 kids and my parents= 6. Number did not change over the past 3 years.

Can someone share if having the same understanding?

DreamYYZ

Jun 3, 2018
Hello there, I am in a same boat. do you think we should reach out to an authorized consultant and get the paid consultation ? we can split fee , i just don't want to mess up the application for a few dollars.. I think there are some other questions in the application that are a bit confusing.. let me know. Thanks
Let me reply to your query and you can pay the fees to me

Please note that incorporation is a separate legal entity, just bcoz you have receipts in your corporation that does not mean that its all yours. It depends on how much money you paid as dividend or remuneration from your corporation to yourself. Please pick the amount from line 150 of you tax return or if you have co signore add line 150 for them as well

Go to any consultant, you will receive the same answer. Also to mention IRCC will validate the tax return data from CRA and it should match line 150 else your application is in all possibility going to be rejected

Reactions: YVR123

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
I am sponsoring 3 people. My parents and my brother who is 20. Do I need to fill the IMM008DEP form even though they are already on IMM008 form? Its very confusing
IMM0008 supports adding up to 5 dependents. No need to fill out IMM0008DEP.

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Can someone please help me with this ????

I am sponsoring my parents and my husband is co-signing . My husband sponsored me 4 years ago . So on co signer form AM I STILL HIS PREVIOUS UNDERTAKING ? Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Not so much many rejected but many will not apply because you have to commit $$$ by paying when you apply.

The FIFO system is an upgrade on the lottery but the same problem is still there. There is no commitment required to submit the EOI. It is free. You can even make false declarations on your income.

So it is open to abuse. This year IRCC asked for identification as proof of Canadian residency. But it looks like they didnt bother to cross reference this. I am guessing they wont screen till they receive applications.

Good move. Cos why do work when no one is paying?

So there are literally thousands of people who submitted EOI and got ITA who either do not meet LICO or are not even Canadian residents.

The barrier to entry for EOI is literally zero.

Just watch. There will be another call for EOIs in August.
Interesting, i believe there will be no second round this year and for this reason they send ITA to 26612 people instead of 20k.
They will definitely filter out many ineligibles when they received complete applications/or don’t receive them at all. However, as far as I can tell they estimated they will end up with around 20k complete, good and solid applications.

So if you receive ITA and you are eligible, you interest form matches complete application and you have no mistakes. The application will not be return to you because you wasn’t in 20k on Jan 28 and you will get your parents PR.
I also believe this could be our last chance to get parents in because the upcoming federal election and conservatives can suspend or close the program at all

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

babin13

May 31, 2018
Hello there, I initially sent interest for sponsorship for my mother and grandmother. My mother has 2 dependents, (my sister and brother who both check out as dependents) can I also apply for them even though I only listed my mother and grandmother's and come with them if and when approved?
How do you also go about the principal application? Is it ok to have them signed the forms and then I will have them send it to me to fill out?
Thanks!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
maybe because they specifically ask to put it on top
I'm going to get my package back from Canada Post Monday morning before it's sent it. Don't want to risk the application being returned as imcomplete or inaccurate.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Can someone please help me with this ????

I am sponsoring my parents and my husband is co-signing . My husband sponsored me 4 years ago . So on co signer form AM I STILL HIS PREVIOUS UNDERTAKING ? Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Please review the undertaking rules. As far as i know, spouses undertaking is only for 3 years.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
DO I NEED TO FILL IMM008DEP , IF MY FATHER HAS NO OTHER DEPENDENT EXCEPT MY MOTHER , SHE IS INCLUDED IN APPLICATION
No need. IMM0008 supports adding up to 5 dependants. You only need the IMM0008DEP if you have MORE than 5 Dependants.