+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I received this in email from vfsglobal india. Any thoughts how to contact them? I submitted passports to them to issue COPR.

Tracking ID: xxxxx

The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) staff has the following observation about your application:

Remarks: please find your tracking number-xxxxxx and awb number- xxxxxx for further tracking

Kindly contact the CVAC for further clarifications.

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I received this in email from vfsglobal india. Any thoughts how to contact them? I submitted passports to them to issue COPR.

Tracking ID: xxxxx

The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) staff has the following observation about your application:

Remarks: please find your tracking number-xxxxxx and awb number- xxxxxx for further tracking

Kindly contact the CVAC for further clarifications.
The only thing you need to do is track the passports and check into GC Key- as soon as the passports are stamped your GC Key at the bottom will have a line appear for document number, date of issue, date of expiry etc and then you can track the return journey of the passports.
In the scenario that you have any questions or undue delay or seek clarifications only then you need to contact them.

Reactions: hungrypanda0016

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hi friend,

Aren't you following the other members posts? I filed my application in the first week of Aug 2018 (2 months before you) and got the PPR in the first week of Oct (although I was anticipating to hear from them by at least December 2020 to be realistic.)

The website clearly says 20-24 months is a standard timeline for the London VO. Covid increased the timings due to lockdowns in London. It's pretty obvious. You should have waited at least until Jan.

IMO, there was no need to contact MP as they can't have your application expedited. Keep patience and you'll get there in a few months.
Hi @USK
Sorry to hear about bad experience your facing for your application. If I see timeline for your application , It seems your have been gone above 24 months. But I really surprised bro , Why your Applicant status still shows application received , shouldn't it be in progress ?. Did IRCC gave you some reason that why application is staying in Application received state ?

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
I got an update on ECAS that medical results have been received. Does that mean the results are passed ?
Hi @xilji
Sorry to hear about bad experience your facing for your application. If I see timeline for your application , It seems your application have been gone above 24 months. But I really surprised bro , Why your Applicant status still shows application received , shouldn't it be in progress state ? Did IRCC gave you some reason that why application is still staying in Application received state ?

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
The only thing you need to do is track the passports and check into GC Key- as soon as the passports are stamped your GC Key at the bottom will have a line appear for document number, date of issue, date of expiry etc and then you can track the return journey of the passports.
In the scenario that you have any questions or undue delay or seek clarifications only then you need to contact them.
I submitted passports for both principal applicant (father) and dependent(my mother) but received envelope with only 1 passport (principal applicant) with COPR. What should i do? Whom to contact?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I submitted passports for both principal applicant (father) and dependent(my mother) but received envelope with only 1 passport (principal applicant) with COPR. What should i do? Whom to contact?
What does GC key note? Has COPRs been issued for both? If so then perhaps it is courier delay by a day . You can email or call VFS as well to get details of second Passport

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
What does GC key note? Has COPRs been issued for both? If so then perhaps it is courier delay by a day . You can email or call VFS as well to get details of second Passport
Isn't the COPR issued for both the principal applicant and dependent together? In the email received for principal applicant they mentioned us to send passport for principal applicant and dependent in separate envelopes. And hence we send both the passports in different envelopes.

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Isn't the COPR issued for both the principal applicant and dependent together? In the email received for principal applicant they mentioned us to send passport for principal applicant and dependent in separate envelopes. And hence we send both the passports in different envelopes.
Give it a day or two, the passports are returned via separate envelopes and as such maybe a day or two behind- as long as you have proper tracking and documentation for the remaining passport, you are good to go. My parents got their COPR extension from Budapest, Hungary as NDVO had limited resources- perhaps your passport also they had to send out of the country to get it stamped

Reactions: hungrypanda0016

green90

Jul 1, 2018
Hi All,

It seems that our parents sponsorship application is finally done after 56months of processing and they sent us request for passports for the VISA, my question is about the quarantine plan coming to Ottawa. I couldn't find the rules and honestly not sure how is different from self-isolate. Can they just come and quarantine at our house for the 14days or we have to have separate place? and if they stay to our house does this mean we also are self isolating for 2 weeks? another question due to lack of direct flights to Ottawa I thought they come to Toronto airport and I will give them ride to Ottawa. Do you think this can cause issue?

PaulKar9

Dec 1, 2016
Is there anyone here that sees on ECAS, "we received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019", and has heard anything from CIC? Mine is stuck on "medical results have been received" for almost a year now. Probably 10 months at least, I can't recall exactly when was the first time I saw that on ECAS. The Permanent Residence Application Status is "In Process".

Is there anyone here with a similar situation that heard recently something from CIC? I know they are late for everyone, but just wanted to check.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get a tourist visa at a certain point before COPR?

Last edited:

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
We are pretty much in the same boat, last update was a year ago, after that they sent procedural fairness letter to which we replied and they havent replied to that also.
so, one year has passed since the last correspondence,
and it is really difficult as many decisions are relying on this.

There is also no estimate of how much time it will take further. If anyone knows of any updates on the IRCC office or any inside news, please share
our visa office is in London