+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
HI, I applied in 2019 my application got transferred Singapore LVO, need your experience. Did they make a decision on your application?
what is your DM date for Sponsorship Application? is your parents country or citizenship is India as per tracker and LVO is Singapore !!

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
Passport Request Advice

My father passport was expiring so he got a new one made.
So now should we only submit the new passport or both (old and new) for visa
Local visa office only know about the old passport as he just got the new passport 2 days ago

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Passport Request Advice

My father passport was expiring so he got a new one made.
So now should we only submit the new passport or both (old and new) for visa
Local visa office only know about the old passport as he just got the new passport 2 days ago
Submit both just to be safe. They'll return both together with the PR visa.

missingmymom

Jul 26, 2016
@YULIA-2016 please update the tracker:

Medicals Passed- Oct 2nd 2019
Background check Passed - Oct 31 2019
Passport Requested - Nov 1st 2019
Passport submitted to VAC in New York - Nov 8th 2019
Final decision - Approved Nov 12th 2019
Passport returned with COPR - Nov 16 2019
Thank you to this forum for being a wealth and source of information to me during this process. All the best to everyone still going through the motions of reunification with their parents and grandparents. My mother will be here in Toronto in the next month. Big shout out to @YULIA-2016 for always keeping the tracker updated! Your work is much appreciated.

skp

Mar 7, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
CHC London
AOR Received.
17-12-2008
File Transfer...
23-12-2008
Med's Request
14-10-2009
Med's Done....
17-11-2009
You can legally work anywhere in Canada as soon as you have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN). If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you have all the rights as a regular Canadian Citizen regardless of your age (except the right to vote).
So go ahead and utilize your energies as much as you want to.
Dear USK,
I am extremely grateful to you for your reply. Initially I was thinking that I do not have permission to work but now I am confident as you are saying the same which I read on Net. I will make sure to get the SIN number and then I will search for some job. I worked for 47 years and now if somebody tells me to sit and don't do any thing then I am restless. Thank you for your encouragement. I wish you good luck in all your endeavors. GOD BLESS YOU..

Reactions: USK

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
For anyones parents who have done their landing:

1) Did your parents have to show proof of funds?

2) I read in another thread that you have to queue at 6am if you land at the border, and even then people got rejected since they take 3-5 landing applications a day. Is that correct? I cant risk that, I just emailed them to change the VO to NYC, so they can land at the airport.

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
For anyones parents who have done their landing:

1) Did your parents have to show proof of funds?

2) I read in another thread that you have to queue at 6am if you land at the border, and even then people got rejected since they take 3-5 landing applications a day. Is that correct? I cant risk that, I just emailed them to change the VO to NYC, so they can land at the airport.
I thought the limited daily applications and rejections were only for people who were trying to flagpole.
The thread you found said that they turn people away from a land border even if they're entering Canada from the US?

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
I thought the limited daily applications and rejections were only for people who were trying to flagpole.
The thread you found said that they turn people away from a land border even if they're entering Canada from the US?
Yes, someone mentioned that specifically. That he entered US, and spent an hour, but wasnt allowed to re enter as a landed PR since the quota was over

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Sorry, another question now.

My parents already have Visa's for Canada, and are from Pakistan- a non- exempt country. Do they still need to send their original passports?

The instructions say if you require a visa, which they already have. But not sure it applies to people who require visas because of the passport they have, or just people who would need a visa for entering Canada. Hope Im making sense here :)

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
Yes, someone mentioned that specifically. That he entered US, and spent an hour, but wasnt allowed to re enter as a landed PR since the quota was over
Wow! Thank you for that information. That will definitely change our plans.
It seems that to be 100% certain of a successful 'landing' it has to happen at one of the airports, or through an inland landing appointment at an IRCC office

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Wow! Thank you for that information. That will definitely change our plans.
It seems that to be 100% certain of a successful 'landing' it has to happen at one of the airports, or through an inland landing appointment at an IRCC office
Exactly, cant risk that with parents in this cold. Im getting their passport office changed so it all happens at the airport when they land.