+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hello Members

Please advise- My parents (currently in India)will be visiting me by November end on Visitor Visa in Canada. They got selected under 2018 PGP which is currently under process.(Medical etc done -result awaited ).When we applied for PGP sponsorship they were in India with indian mailing address .

Now they will be staying with me in Canada-ON for 5-6 months.
My question is do I need to inform IRCC about their arrival in Canada and/or any other information I need to update them with?
Will the overall process for granting PR status be affected if they continued staying in Canada?

Thank you

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hello Members

Please advise- My parents (currently in India)will be visiting me by November end on Visitor Visa in Canada. They got selected under 2018 PGP which is currently under process.(Medical etc done -result awaited ).When we applied for PGP sponsorship they were in India with indian mailing address .

Now they will be staying with me in Canada-ON for 5-6 months.
My question is do I need to inform IRCC about their arrival in Canada and/or any other information I need to update them with?
Will the overall process for granting PR status be affected if they continued staying in Canada?

Thank you
when they request for passports, they give you option to submit in India or Ottawa if they are already in Canada.
no impact to their processing and you don’t need to update them on their arrival to Canada.

Reactions: vikaz7

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
when they request for passports, they give you option to submit in India or Ottawa if they are already in Canada.
no impact to their processing and you don’t need to update them on their arrival to Canada.
How about visa exempt passport?

Will they just send the COPR out to PA's current address?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello Friends,
PCC should we email to the CIC mailing address and also post them at Mississauga office or only email should be fine?
Also did anyone send all pages of Passport copies to them?

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
How about visa exempt passport?

Will they just send the COPR out to PA's current address?
not quite sure for visa exempt. I know they definitely get issued COPR but don’t know if they ask for passports for issuing COPR or send it to them.
May be someone with similar case on the forum can answer if they got option.

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
UPDATE on Status (London LVO)
Line 34 - Vertig0

Today recieved passport request

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th, 2019 - Request for following
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate

Mar 15 - Medical done
Mar 25 - Updated Medical received

April 16 - Updated Medical passed

May 30 - Invitation to Pre-arrival services

June 7 - Request to submit newly filled and signed IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration- instructions to disregard last 10 year period and fill from the age of 18

Jul 10 - Request to submit IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels Please provide details of any travels from 2019/03 to present

Nov 15 - Passport request
Online tool shows Decision made
GCKey shows background in process

*Note- I believe delay is due to longer background check (military background)

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
UPDATE on Status (London LVO)
Line 34 - Vertig0

Today recieved passport request

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th, 2019 - Request for following
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate

Mar 15 - Medical done
Mar 25 - Updated Medical received

April 16 - Updated Medical passed

May 30 - Invitation to Pre-arrival services

June 7 - Request to submit newly filled and signed IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration- instructions to disregard last 10 year period and fill from the age of 18

Jul 10 - Request to submit IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels Please provide details of any travels from 2019/03 to present

Nov 15 - Passport request
Online tool shows Decision made
GCKey shows background in process

*Note- I believe delay is due to longer background check (military background)

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB
Congratulations.

So London office took 8 months to just request PCC medical stuff phew

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
Finally movement from Ottawa...(after 5 months and 3 days from the background check and additional doc review)

"Decision Made" for Applicant on Nov. 12.
"Passport Request" for Visa on Nov. 14.

@YULIA-2016: please update for line 222

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Has the bgc started for you? Do you know how long the bgc takes for govt employees?
Sorry i have no information. That is what i have listed in my previous post. Here it is again

=========================
Sorry i have no information. I think it is varying for 2018 applicant. Not sure why.

You can check the time lines in Excel sheet , link is in my signatures. You can estimates from there. It should not take more than 2-3 months. But for police and Military background it is more. Some one told me for police it was 1 year.

I m waiting.

Hope this would help
==========================

toronto139

Apr 17, 2019
I finally have an update!

October 8 - police certificate request
November 15 - status tool changed to Decision made for the principal applicant

I received a medical surveillance undertaking form. It says that landing in Canada is conditional upon reporting to a provincial health clinic within 30 days of the admission to Canada as a permanent resident. Does this mean a separate health exam is required once they arrive in Canada (I thought OHIP coverage does not begin right away)?

Other than this medical undertaking form, I didn't receive any correspondence or instructions. Is the next step waiting for a pre-arrival service letter or passport request?

@YULIA-2016 can you please update row 240?

Thank you.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I finally have an update!

October 8 - police certificate request
November 15 - status tool changed to Decision made for the principal applicant

I received a medical surveillance undertaking form. It says that landing in Canada is conditional upon reporting to a provincial health clinic within 30 days of the admission to Canada as a permanent resident. Does this mean a separate health exam is required once they arrive in Canada (I thought OHIP coverage does not begin right away)?

Other than this medical undertaking form, I didn't receive any correspondence or instructions. Is the next step waiting for a pre-arrival service letter or passport request?

@YULIA-2016 can you please update row 240?

Thank you.
Yes OHIP will not start for 3 months but your family must report to public health. Public health usually has their own budget and reporting doesn’t mean that you will have to pay for any tests. Would wait and see what happens. Canada just wants to keep track of those who have a communicable disease or a potential communicable disease. For example if you test HIV+ in Canada your status is reported to public health. It’s not optional so not much your family can do about it if they want to move to Canada.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Finally movement from Ottawa...(after 5 months and 3 days from the background check and additional doc review)

"Decision Made" for Applicant on Nov. 12.
"Passport Request" for Visa on Nov. 14.

@YULIA-2016: please update for line 222
Congratulations! Hopefully ours won’t take too long now. Bgc into 2 months. Hope they give it to us as a Christmas present and not drag us into 2020.

gugli

Jul 5, 2016
hello everyone,
Does anyone knows how to do biometric for parents which I filed in 2018. It was not mandatory at the time of submission but now DELHIIMMIGRATION request PCC, travel form and use of representative form. medical has been submitted. Do I wait for biometric instruction letter?
or Can someone suggest how to pay fees? Thanks in advance.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
hello everyone,
Does anyone knows how to do biometric for parents which I filed in 2018. It was not mandatory at the time of submission but now DELHIIMMIGRATION request PCC, travel form and use of representative form. medical has been submitted. Do I wait for biometric instruction letter?
or Can someone suggest how to pay fees? Thanks in advance.
no need to submit biometrics if you are 2018 applicant from India.