+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
Hello All,

I applied for my parent's PR last year and received PPR addressed to my dad (principle applicant) only. Should I wait for another passport request addressed to my mom (accompanying applicant)? Or one passport request is sufficient enough for both the applicants?

Earlier, they received separate letters for bio-metrics, I filled two separate forms for them. How come the passport request letter would be only one for both which is in my father's name?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hello All,

I applied for my parent's PR last year and received PPR addressed to my dad (principle applicant) only. Should I wait for another passport request addressed to my mom (accompanying applicant)? Or one passport request is sufficient enough for both the applicants?

Earlier, they received separate letters for bio-metrics, I filled two separate forms for them. How come the passport request letter would be only one for both which is in my father's name?

Call IRCC, I think it should be one only as your mother must be dependent on the application

By the way what is your timeline? Visa office ? Just to track

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
Call IRCC, I think it should be one only as your mother must be dependent on the application

By the way what is your timeline? Visa office ? Just to track
Thanks for the response. It is so hard to get hold of someone at IRCC. I was thinking if anyone would know about this? Do we typically get two PPRs or just one.

My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Sep 18, 2018
AOR - Dec 12, 2018
Medical Req - Apr 04, 2019
DM - Sep 12, 2019
PPR - Sep 13, 2019
Primary Office - CPC Mississauga
Visa Office - New Delhi

Last edited:

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for the response. It is so hard to get hold of someone at IRCC. I was thinking if anyone would know about this? Do we typically get two PPRs or just one.

My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Sep 18, 2018
AOR - Dec 12, 2018
Medical Req - Apr 04, 2019
DM - Sep 12, 2019
PPR - Sep 13, 2019
Primary Office - CPC Mississauga
Visa Office - New Delhi

One only .. @YULIA-2016 help please?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello All,

I believe it should be only one PPR. Ready carefully what the letters says. You can hide the personal information in letter and paste the wording here, So other people can help.

As per my knowledge there should be only one PPR

Thanks

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
I believe it should be only one PPR. Ready carefully what the letters says. You can hide the personal information in letter and paste the wording here, So other people can help.

As per my knowledge there should be only one PPR

Thanks
Thanks Another-Immigrant. Here is the letter I received:

Dear (Principle Applicant):

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services. A separate envelope is required for each passport.
· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.
· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
· There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
· We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport
must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your
application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Reactions: Can150

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi Everybody
My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Oct 4 , 2018
AOR - Jan 4, 2019
Medical Req - June 26, 2019
DM - Sep 14, 2019
PPR - not yet
Office - CPC Mississauga

Whats the wait time from Decision made to PPR for Missisuaga office ?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hi Everybody
My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Oct 4 , 2018
AOR - Jan 4, 2019
Medical Req - June 26, 2019
DM - Sep 14, 2019
PPR - not yet
Office - CPC Mississauga

Whats the wait time from Decision made to PPR for Missisuaga office ?

Currently lot of in queue... 1.5 months DM , waiting for ppr

Neyoswife

Mar 25, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
If I may ask what do you mean by 1 year of silence. What stage are you at now? Have your parents completed medicals yet?
My mom’s file was transferred to Accra last year sept and they just sent us pre-arrivals services letter 3 days ago( after one year of no communication). They requested for medical and PCC 2 days ago and asked for passport submission before sept 25th

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My dad worked in Kuwait from 1978 to 1980 and in Iraq from 1980 to 1984. He has sent two emails each to Kuwaiti and Iraqi Embassies (attaching copies of visas and work permits) requesting PCCs but these have not been responded.
Can anyone share success story of getting PCC from these countries?

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Hello All,

That letter is good enough take that to VFS center . They only issue one letter to principle applicant.

Reactions: hithere

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
1) Passports
· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services. A separate envelope is required for each passport.
· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.
· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
· There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
· We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport
must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
I have highlighted the lines in RED color from the letter. This lines clearly says that the CIC is expecting more than one passport in response to this letter. Also clearly mentioning that the dependents passports/photos

So my understanding is you need to send all passports at once. There is no other letter CIC is sending to you.

Reactions: hithere