+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
I have highlighted the lines in RED color from the letter. This lines clearly says that the CIC is expecting more than one passport in response to this letter. Also clearly mentioning that the dependents passports/photos

So my understanding is you need to send all passports at once. There is no other letter CIC is sending to you.
I was confused if my mother will be considered dependent on this file. Typically, dependents are children under the age of 18 (or special kids). It doesn't say anywhere that co-applicant is considered dependent. Because this is a same template IRCC use for all the PPR, the line 'more than one passport' could have meant only for dependents. They should clearly specify spouse as well in their PPR letter.

Anyways, thanks @Another-Immigrant and @JUST CHILL for your responses. I will not wait for another letter and will send their passports right away.

Last edited:

Preetmann123

Oct 27, 2016
I got a request from CIC regarding my parents RCMP criminal record check. But my parents are in India. What should we do? Should my parents travel to canada for their RCMP requirment?

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I just got confirmation of appointment for my Mom's landing at IRCC in Etobicoke. We emailed the request for an interview appointment on Sept. 9th (same day we got the COPR from Ottawa) and got the email confirming her interview at IRCC Etobicoke on Sept. 23, 2019. Next week my mom will be a Permanent Landed Immigrant. Yeah !!! Thank you to everyone who was helping answer my questions and good luck to everyone who is in the process of getting their applications finalized.

Reactions: Neyoswife

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
My application went in BG check today. YAYYYY
Finally some hope

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I was confused if my mother will be considered dependent on this file. Typically, dependents are children under the age of 18 (or special kids). It doesn't say anywhere that co-applicant is considered dependent. Because this is a same template IRCC use for all the PPR, the line 'more than one passport' could have meant only for dependents. They should clearly specify spouse as well in their PPR letter.

Anyways, thanks @Another-Immigrant and @JUST CHILL for your responses. I will not wait for another letter and will send their passports right away.
Spouse is ALSO a dependent. It is the terminology used by CIC all the times. Only one parent ((G)Father/(G)Mother) can be Principal Applicant. The other parent AND Children are dependents.

I believe then you need to know if after visa by chance all are not travelling to Canada at same time, then the PA (Principal Applicant) has to land first. Your other parent is not PA. Other parent is dependent on PA. So other parent and children can land ONLY with or after the PA

Hope this helps

Reactions: YVR123

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
My dad worked in Kuwait from 1978 to 1980 and in Iraq from 1980 to 1984. He has sent two emails each to Kuwaiti and Iraqi Embassies (attaching copies of visas and work permits) requesting PCCs but these have not been responded.
Can anyone share success story of getting PCC from these countries?

I am not 100% sure , but heard of that if you are not able to produce a document because someone else is not giving it to you, then as per CIC it is not your fault. So what i am saying is if you can not get the PCC you can try to submit the letter explaining that and having with the proofs you have

This may be a known issue on CIC side.

Best of luck

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi Everybody
My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Oct 4 , 2018
AOR - Jan 4, 2019
Medical Req - June 26, 2019
DM - Sep 14, 2019
PPR - not yet
Office - CPC Mississauga

Whats the wait time from Decision made to PPR for Missisuaga office ?
Hello @PedDoc were your parents requested PCC?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Reposting to see if there is anyone to share experience.
------------------------
My dad worked in Kuwait from 1978 to 1980 and in Iraq from 1980 to 1984. He has sent two emails each to Kuwaiti and Iraqi Embassies (attaching copies of visas and work permits) requesting PCCs but these have not been responded.
Can anyone share success story of getting PCC from these countries?