+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
I guess after "Decision made" they take another month for Pre-arrival letter and then PPR. Is that correct?
How long does it take for entire cycle?
Give or take, one to two month as per other's progress. But it's not formulated. For instance, my application status still shows "In process" and the background check is under review. But I have already got my pre-arrival letter back in May 2019. Good luck.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Thanks, however the web form reads use this form if "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times."

And my parents Application received on May 2019.

Is this an unusual delay between the decision made and waiting for PPR?
There are few applicants have the same situation but it doesn't hurt requesting an updates from IRCC... I have seen ppl where they have a DM and requested an update and in just couple of days they got there PPR.

And just imagine what could be the worst... Maximum they won't respond to your enquiry... If I were you I'll take it :) But I'm quite certain you'll get a response :)

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
I just called to ircc and she said that they email us for additional documents last August 22nd but i dont received any to my ecas nor to gckey?
Any here had same experience? Thanks
This happened to me as well couple month a go regarding additional document request. I would say call them again and explain the situation and request them to send you the requested documents through email and confirm your email address. As well, request for time extension for submission. I also recommend to write a letter and explain everything in writing with accurate dates etc. and email it to them for documenting purposes to show you have notified them in time.

Good luck.

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Actually this happens more than you would think. Happened to me during my spousal sponsorship process, we called them and they gave us an extension for that. They did acknowledge the error and looks like its something to do with system update on CIC.

I am hoping they gave you the extension as well.

I contacted MP yesterday, MP says its only mistake
This happened to me as well couple month a go regarding additional document request. I would say call them again and explain the situation and request them to send you the requested documents through email and confirm your email address. As well, request for time extension for submission. I also recommend to write a letter and explain everything in writing with accurate dates etc. and email it to them for documenting purposes to show you have notified them in time.

Good luck.

Our MP talked the ircc already yesterday after i called and they said it was mistake and nothing additional requirements needed ... so i think the agent i talked gave me wrong info ..

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
I contacted MP yesterday, MP says its only mistake

Our MP talked the ircc already yesterday after i called and they said it was mistake and nothing additional requirements needed ... so i think the agent i talked gave me wrong info ..
Even better now! Good Luck.

Celestina131

Mar 28, 2018
Is anyone here from Nigeria? It looks like Accra is the processing centre. I applied for my parents since 2017 . The last update was on June 25, 2019- indicating that the background check had commenced. Not sure what is going on as it's been over 2 years now
My parents' application was transferred to Accra in February 2019 and i have not heard a word from them.

Jul 9, 2019
Docmuent number is appearing under CIC today. I sent PP and pictures to Ottawa office and prepaid envelop, 3 weeks ago. Still prepaid envelop is not showing
you can go to the border and do the flagpole at the US - Canada border

you don't need US visa for that .
Document number is appearing under CIC today. I sent PP and pictures to Ottawa office and prepaid envelop, 3 weeks ago. Still prepaid envelop is not showing status on Canada Post website. Any idea what are the next steps

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
People whose LVO is/was Singapore, how was your experience with this office?
Mine wasn't too bad. The main thing is to keep everything (emails, documents, correspondences etc.) in case you need to reference them. They are somewhat slow, but not the slowest VO. It is also a good idea NOT to send frequent inquiries to them, and give them sufficient time to work on your file. SG VO isn't as bad as I thought.

Reactions: bdidol