Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
hey, I called this number around 2pm EST: Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only), I followed prompts for sponsorship and I was able to speak to an agent with only about a 30 minute wait time
I have tried this number many times but never got the option to talk to agent... would you mind providing options ?

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
On Ecas, it says medical received for our status. Is there any difference b/w medical received and IME passed? Would the ecas say IME passed as a status line when medical has been reviewed?
When did you complete medical? after how many days did it change to medical received since medical was done?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
That’s not entirely true. Turn around time for “Rapid sputum test (aka) nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs).”; done in three consecutive days, is 24 hours. If rapid sputum tests came back positive, you’re put on a treatment plan immediately without having to wait 2 months.

If NAATs came back negative, then sputum “culture” tests are performed and it can take 1 to 8 weeks.

Rapid sputum tests can tell if a person has TB within 24 hours. A test may be done when:
  • A person is thought to have TB, but confirmation is needed before sputum culture results will be ready.
  • A person may be infected with bacteria other than TB bacteria.
  • A person who may have TB has been close to other people who will need treatment if they have been exposed.
Are you talking about the types of tests available in general OR are you talking about *specific* types of tests that the physician panel performs and CIC requests? I have only heard people do a sputum culture which takes 2-3 months and no one has reported quick turn around on this. I have also not heard any other concerns or results other than TB for sputum tests which means this test is solely for TB probably.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
On Ecas, it says medical received for our status. Is there any difference b/w medical received and IME passed? Would the ecas say IME passed as a status line when medical has been reviewed?
This is most likely a PASS which you can confirm by logging in My CIC Account. Usually when it says received on ECAS it means 3 days before that My CIC Login was already showing PASS.