+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

singhisking83

Jul 16, 2018
Update for line 137
ecas status updated to decision made for the applicant.
However, my cic shows application in progress. Also received pre-arrival services letter.
I am hoping PPR will follow soon. :)

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
this is not true they have asked us for RCMP police check,you go to RCMP and get finger prints and this generates the police check
if only they asked specially , possibly depends on country

Inmate

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
06-04-2020
Didn't receive any news for months... Seems CSQ from Quebec (even if we received it very quickly after application) slow down process :(

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
London Visa Office.

My mom received the passport back from CHC Islamabad with immigrant visa on Friday July 12. E-cas status says Decision Made and GCKey status says Approved.

Thanks to everyone here who helped me with my questions, and good luck to all who have been waiting. I sincerely hope and wish you all sail through smoothly.

My timeline is in line #86 in the spreadsheet.

R

Ron_13

Hi everyone. Does anyone have parents with Indian passport and are Green card holders of USA? Can parents take medical exams in the US or do they need to go back home when the medical invitation comes? Thanks in advance

Jul 9, 2019
Currently my mom is in Canada on supervisa for next 4-5 months. Can I request to change the PPR status in Canada (if she receive Passport request in Pakistan)?
What do I have to do? any advice is appreciated.

Jul 9, 2019
Hi @Yulia please update LINE 218

DM for Applicant - June 19 Case Approved. No Passport Request. They transferred the case to Etobicoke for Landing Appointment.

Got an email from CIC Etobicoke - for Landing Appointment In Person - July 17,2019.

So no passport request. Direct Landing appointment because both of my parents are in Canada and we do not have to do Flagpole too.

If you know please let me know what to expect at landing appointment?

Will my parents still get single entry visa to Canada and a landing stamp on passport with COPR?

Or

We will only get COPR no visa as they already have Valid Supervisa for Canada.

Anyone know full Etobicoke landing procedure please let me know.

Thanks Everyone for Your help and Feedback. Good Luck !!

Thanks
Aimhigher1
How were you able to transfer the PPR or Passport request or landing in Etobikoke Office?

gill113

Jan 25, 2012
Yulia Please update the spread sheet

Update:

Decision made in ECAS: 5 June, 2019
PPR for visas: 12 Jul, 2019
(Option to submit passport to NVDO or CPC Ottawa. As my both parents are in India we submitted passport to NDVO)

Passport Submitted to NDVO via VFS: 15th Jul 2019

Yulia, Please update in the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Below is the timeline.....

Invitation Received: 21st March 2018
Application Sent by Canada Post: 17th May 2018
Application Received at Ottawa: 22nd May 2018
Received AOR: Sep 21, 2018
ECAS Inprocess Date: 21 Nov 2018
SA Approval: 5- Feb-2018
LVO- CPC Ottawa
Medical Request Received: 1 March 2019
PCC Request Received: 1 March 2019
Medical Passed: I am not sure of date but it was in end of March.
Decision made in ECAS: 5 June, 2019
PPR for visas: 12 Jul, 2019
(Option to submit passport to NVDO or CPC Ottawa. As my both parents are in India we submitted passport to NDVO)
Passport Submitted to NDVO via VFS: 15th Jul 2019

Reactions: YULIA-2016

gill113

Jan 25, 2012
Currently my mom is in Canada on supervisa for next 4-5 months. Can I request to change the PPR status in Canada (if she receive Passport request in Pakistan)?
What do I have to do? any advice is appreciated.
Hi,

I think you will get option to send the passport either to CPC Ottawa or your home country LVO. As In my case, My parents received the PPR and ask to submit passport to NDVO if they are in India. otherwise if you have Canadian mailing address and main applicant as well as all accompanying persons on application are in Canada currently and will remain in Canada for next 3 months then you may submit passport to Ottawa.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
any advice ??
Hey, I got similar situation but the other way around. I was not told to submit through mail/email and I uploaded the additional documents through the slots you are referring to via my CIC account. You probably got both options to submit and since on the status line says "we are reviewing your additional documents provided" that means they have received it and it is just the matter of time and the fact that they slowed down a bit.
My application status is the same yours and it is under review. It's been 5 weeks now and I haven't heard anything back yet. I phoned them to ensure they got everything and she confirmed the docs are received and it's getting reviewed. So you should be fine. Make sure you keep the receipt for the additional docs you mailed out just in case as a proof. And maybe take a screen shot from your CIC page from the status section that indicates it is under review. At last, if you are too concerned about it I would suggest you to give the call center a call and confirm they have received your documents like what I did for my case.

All the best!

Last edited:

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Hi I have a Q please, I have been rejected, due to the financials. They have given me the option to appeal. Is this worthy to do? Does anyone know please? Is it better to go through lawyer? Thanks!

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Hi I have a Q please, I have been rejected, due to the financials. They have given me the option to appeal. Is this worthy to do? Does anyone know please? Is it better to go through lawyer? Thanks!

Hello you don't check your income before you apply the sponsorship?

Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I think you will get option to send the passport either to CPC Ottawa or your home country LVO. As In my case, My parents received the PPR and ask to submit passport to NDVO if they are in India. otherwise if you have Canadian mailing address and main applicant as well as all accompanying persons on application are in Canada currently and will remain in Canada for next 3 months then you may submit passport to Ottawa.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
In my case the London is my CPC, Can I still send to CPC Ottawa?

Thanks,