Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: innocenttoronto

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi I have a Q please, I have been rejected, due to the financials. They have given me the option to appeal. Is this worthy to do? Does anyone know please? Is it better to go through lawyer? Thanks!
How far were your income from the past 3 years missing the required minimum amount? Why did you apply if you knew that you don't meet LICO?
If they made a mistake and you really do meet the requirement, then prepare the documents to proof your income (NOA). Otherwise, I don't see any other reason to win an appeal. May be H&C but if your parents are in your home country, I don't see much H&C ground.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hello Members, I have one quick question about Medical Exam of parents. Can anyone who had experienced the IME recently for PGP help me to explain that what kind of exam is done in India for IME?
My parents are in India (Punjab) and have some stable medical conditions. I am wondering if those will possess any risk to their PR file? If someone can share the type of consultation , exams and tests done during parents's IME?

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
How far were your income from the past 3 years missing the required minimum amount? Why did you apply if you knew that you don't meet LICO?
If they made a mistake and you really do meet the requirement, then prepare the documents to proof your income (NOA). Otherwise, I don't see any other reason to win an appeal. May be H&C but if your parents are in your home country, I don't see much H&C ground.
Of course I checked my income, but during the 3 years they require proof I received income from my home country that in some cases approaches six figures, for which I attached the relevant documentation. So practically I surpass their requirements for the one year I don't cover the prerequisite for the Canadian income. Also, my parents are in Canada right now, visiting, and they are staying with me.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Of course I checked my income, but during the 3 years they require proof I received income from my home country that in some cases approaches six figures, for which I attached the relevant documentation. So practically I surpass their requirements for the one year I don't cover the prerequisite for the Canadian income. Also, my parents are in Canada right now, visiting, and they are staying with me.
Did you include your foreign income in your Canadian tax return? Were you living in Canada that one year that you don't "cover the prerequisite for the Canadian income"?

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Did you include your foreign income in your Canadian tax return? Were you living in Canada that one year that you don't "cover the prerequisite for the Canadian income"?
Yes, I lived in Canada and yes I included the income in the Canadian tax return. It wasn't income by work in Canada so they didn't take it into consideration. Also it was tax-free earnings. That's why I am wondering if it is worth it to pursue it further in an appeal.

mack_ra

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Update for line 137
ecas status updated to decision made for the applicant.
However, my cic shows application in progress. Also received pre-arrival services letter.
I am hoping PPR will follow soon. :)
What is a pre-arrival services letter?

My Medical for my parents was done in April and PCC also submitted in April. The status in ecas has been In Process since then and no further communication. Is this normal timelines or are we in some slow track?

The last update in ecas is the medical results have been received. What is the next expected update?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, I lived in Canada and yes I included the income in the Canadian tax return. It wasn't income by work in Canada so they didn't take it into consideration. Also it was tax-free earnings. That's why I am wondering if it is worth it to pursue it further in an appeal.
Well, you situation will give others a good idea on how IRCC look at foreign income for PGP.

Tho I still don't get what is the "tax-free" earnings that you mentioned.

REMM18

Aug 31, 2018
Email notification received for Sponsorship Approval on July 08, 2019. Application sent to London Visa Office (To my disappointment...)

Yulia, Kindly update the status - Really appreciate doing all this work for all of us - Thanks!
London office seems very slow:
I got 2nd AOR on April 2nd from LVO, no movement since. I see others on spreadsheet from Ottawa office with similar application received timelines are mostly done.

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I got a request for medical and done it. Now again they have requested a medical with different IME number. so they didn’t received the first medical as it was not showing in my cic that they revived it. Or they send it again due to first medical failure. Pls suggest

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,
I got a letter for PCC, CV and RFPR fee documents submission. is it okay to send scanned documents thru email (IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)? or do i have to send the original PCC to this office? Thanks

virajrao

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
01-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2013
LANDED..........
18-07-2013
Hi,

Its been over 3 months, post my parents completion of medical examinations as requested by CIC for Parents and Grand Parents Sponsorship Program - 2018. Both of my parents completed their medicals in mid-March 2019 within 2 weeks of receiveing letter from CIC for medical examinations, even though their online status shows as Nov 30, 2018. I have written to CIC to update the correct date of their medical examinations, but till now there is no action.

Also, would like to know the timelines to receive FINAL DECISION post passing of medical examinations. Below is the application current status

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • November 30, 2018 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
@Yulia please update Line 219

Got COPR July 17,2019. File Complete. COPR and Landing all at Etobicoke office in 15 Minutes.

Got Landing formalities done at Etobicoke office. Very Easy Process. Lot of people there but we got all done in 15 minutes.
They issued us COPR. Just asked first and last entry in Canada since my parents were in Canada on Supervisa from 2013.

GOT SIN No, Health card. All done.
Thanks To all for your help and support.

Best of Luck !!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
How were you able to transfer the PPR or Passport request or landing in Etobikoke Office?
It was all done by cic. Since my parents address was inside Canada. They dont send passport request. They just give appt with nearest office and they do landing and issue copr all together. Ours get done today in 15 minutes. Very easy.