App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Hello everyone I am in Ontario student visa I want to invite parents here permanent, I have sister she is married in Australia, my parents are old there is no one who take care them in India. what is the procedure if I want to invite them after completion of my study. please reply me I really appreciate that. thanks
If you would like to sponsor your parents to come to Canada as permanent resident, you need to be a Canadian permanent resident first. If you are in Canada on working or student visa, you are not eligible to sponsor them.

Before you become PR, you can invite them to visit Canada, and they can stay at most 6 months each trip.

gagangaggu

Sep 18, 2017
If you would like to sponsor your parents to come to Canada as permanent resident, you need to be a Canadian permanent resident first. If you are in Canada on working or student visa, you are not eligible to sponsor them.

Before you become PR, you can invite them to visit Canada, and they can stay at most 6 months each trip.
thanks a lot (Y)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
They asked me another document, financial statement again! Looks like they need my income taxes 2018
hmmm. don't trust you :cool:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Haha ! They just sent yesterday about my hubby's options C for 2015 2016 2017 2018 so why you say so?????
I'm kidding

so weird if you sent all in package

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
My SA status went to in process yesterday. How much time it will take for me to get a response. I am second round applicant

Reactions: YULIA-2016

pixielark

Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received an email with title "Bulletin 2: Important Updates About your Immigration Application"
inside it says "Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada." etc etc
and talks about finding school for kids, banks, buy/rent home etc etc.

is this just the second regular "pre-arrive service" email everyone receives which means nothing? or this means my parent's application is about to complete/approved?

the weird thing about this email is usually when HongKong Visa Office sends me an email I can also find it on IRCC web portal as a message, but this email directly went into my email without a trace in IRCC web portal.

FYI IRCC web portal still shows application status as processing

Thanks

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received an email with title "Bulletin 2: Important Updates About your Immigration Application"
inside it says "Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada." etc etc
and talks about finding school for kids, banks, buy/rent home etc etc.

is this just the second regular "pre-arrive service" email everyone receives which means nothing? or this means my parent's application is about to complete/approved?

the weird thing about this email is usually when HongKong Visa Office sends me an email I can also find it on IRCC web portal as a message, but this email directly went into my email without a trace in IRCC web portal.

FYI IRCC web portal still shows application status as processing

Thanks
I got this email in March and PPR comes in April. So give it a month (or less) your will see PPR

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Thanks for
Just called them up today, and finally was able to talk with one of the agents.

They were able to confirm with me that the package was received and all information were there. They told me that it will take at most one month to send COPR from today.

Hopefully everything will go well with your case as well.

Thanks,
Thanks for sharing, almost want to call them again today :s
glad to know your process is moving

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Thanks for

Thanks for sharing, almost want to call them again today :s
glad to know your process is moving
Did they ask you the tracking number as well? The agent that I spoke with asked me Canada Post tracking number first, then moved on to the application information. Looks like that they are linking the tracking number with the application, and able to identify whether the package is available or not.

Also, my package was received on April 17 as well, and the agent told me that today marks two weeks, so she just messaged the officers to proceed on the application. So you may want to call them up today.

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
for ppr email, if your parents are in India. where is the letter generally coming from India or Ottawa. I mean does your file gets transferred first to the home country before issuing PPR email

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
for ppr email, if your parents are in India. where is the letter generally coming from India or Ottawa. I mean does your file gets transferred first to the home country before issuing PPR email
As far as I know, once your sponsorship eligibility is validated, your parents' application will be transferred to your home country's local visa office or stays in Ottawa for the rest of the processing. Our PPR came from the local visa office, but whether you send it to the local visa office or Ottawa, it depends on your situation and instruction will be provided along with PPR.