Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
R

Ron_13

Does anyone has parents who are US green card holders and applied for Canada PGP? I need to know if the parents has to do medicals in US or has to fly back to India(home country) to do medicals?

Reactions: REMM18

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Does anyone has parents who are US green card holders and applied for Canada PGP? I need to know if the parents has to do medicals in US or has to fly back to India(home country) to do medicals?
You can do medicals anywhere in the world as long as you are doing it with a CIC approved panel physician.

Reactions: Ron_13

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
From someone who has your parents sponsorship application in process, could you please advise if

1. A date (DOB or marriage date) is unknown, should I put a random date (January 01) and attach an explanation letter, or should I put * for day or month where applicable, but then this case, the form will be submitted without being validated?

2. Also, Did CIC accept photocopies of signatures?

Your help is appreciated!

gagangaggu

Sep 18, 2017
Hello everyone I am in Ontario student visa I want to invite parents here permanent, I have sister she is married in Australia, my parents are old there is no one who take care them in India. what is the procedure if I want to invite them after completion of my study. please reply me I really appreciate that. thanks

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Erah thanks for sharing. I sent out passports on April 16tth and arrived 17th. today I called CIC and was told they had no record in the system that passports had been received. That worries me as the representative told me CIC's rule was passports need to be processed within 2 weeks. And because tomorrow is 10th business day they would have received the package, I can only call them on Thursday if nothing turns up. So I guess same for you. no point calling them tomorrow since they will only be able to start investigation on Thursday. Good luck to both us!

Nothing has changed in myCIC since they didn't even show receiving the passport in their system. It is still BC checking.
Just called them up today, and finally was able to talk with one of the agents.

They were able to confirm with me that the package was received and all information were there. They told me that it will take at most one month to send COPR from today.

Hopefully everything will go well with your case as well.

Thanks,

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
for sending passport to Ottawa, how long roughly does it take recently?? (i mean the entire process from sending to receiving back)
I sent the package recently to Ottawa, and they received it on April 17.
Still no update on either MyCIC, nor return tracking number. I sent photocopies of the passport since my mom is from one of Visa Exempt Countries.

I called them today to make sure everything is alright, and was able to confirm that they have all information, and they assure me that they will send COPR within a month.

If you don't hear anything from them two weeks after sending the passport, call them to make sure everything is fine. Not exactly sure, but from what I heard, and learn, it's their rules they return your passport within a month, or at least start processing it within 2 weeks of receiving the package.