+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
hello everyone! I am one of the 2019 applicants now fill out application. I was wondering if you could be so kind to advice me with my current situation and let me know if my action makes sense for such. Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
Question 6:
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

Does anyone have the same situation as me? For the past 10 years, my parents made several trips outside of their country and each trip was less thsn 6 months, so instead of putting all of these trips in the form, I am including an additional page with the excerpt of Question 6, providing all travelling destination, duraction (all were less than 6 months), they have made over 60 trips past 10 years to 25 countries, if I am including all these, it would like crazy. Any advice? Thanks
I would definitely just do as your doing. When we ran out of room we just attached a word document with the additional info.

Last edited:

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Friends I need help.
My parents did their medical examinations last week .Today I received email from immigration that further tests are required for my father and he needs to contact the physician for details.
They are very worried back home.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
What happens to the application? I am also tensed. Please let me know.
Sometimes they need additional information to finalize medical results. It is common and don’t worry about it. Have them go to the panel physician and do the tests asap. Without knowing what is required and why, it is difficult to know the exact impact on the application.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Friends I need help.
My parents did their medical examinations last week .Today I received email from immigration that further tests are required for my father and he needs to contact the physician for details.
They are very worried back home.
Has anyone been in this situation before?
What happens to the application? I am also tensed. Please let me know.
don't worry, they ask to do more tests / good only for dad, looks like mom is fine/
so contact your doctor and get directions what to do.
My parents did it at local hospital and I translated everything and sent back to doctor

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: Chikki24

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Below is what I have received from the London Visa Office Today.

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. We can confirm that the application is in active process and the file is currently in a queue with a visa officer for review. We will be in touch as soon as there is an update on the file.

More information on projected file processing times can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Kind regards,

VP

Reactions: USK

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I'm filling out 2019 application. If anyone here has the same experience and can give me any advise even personal opinion about my situation please I would very much appreciate it! I only want to sponsor my mom with my 18 y/o sister. My dad abandoned us 15 years ago, moved to a different country and now has a new wife. Mom and dad are not divorced yet. My question is do i still have to count my dad as a dependant? If i count him my income will be insufficient for 2016. Is there any way to exclude him from the count? I’m not planning to sponsor him now or in the future. Is it okay if I don't put him in the dependant section of the forms? Would a letter explaining the situation be enough to satisfy the immigration officer? For my mom’s marital status, should I put Legally Separated? But I’m worried because they don’t have court documents to support that. I'm so worried it might get rejected if he's not included in family size. I'm so stressed! Please help. :(

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hi @YULIA-2016,

My parents' medical reports were uploaded on 9th April 2019. My mother's report has cleared RMO Ottawa. My dad's appears pending still - no email or mail yet received for furtherance or additional information. I spoke with an agent last week who confirmed she can see that my dad has completed initial medicals and no action is required at this point. Most people seem to get either furtherance or medicals passed in about 10-15 days. Have you seen any cases that are kind of stuck like this?

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. We can confirm that the application is in active process and the file is currently in a queue with a visa officer for review. We will be in touch as soon as there is an update on the file.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Kind regards,

VP
What is the ECAS Status on Principal Applicant's side?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind regards,

VP
That is standard lines they reply when I inquired Hong Kong Office early this year. No option but to wait. I know it is hard.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
for sending passport to Ottawa, how long roughly does it take recently?? (i mean the entire process from sending to receiving back)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016,

My parents' medical reports were uploaded on 9th April 2019. My mother's report has cleared RMO Ottawa. My dad's appears pending still - no email or mail yet received for furtherance or additional information. I spoke with an agent last week who confirmed she can see that my dad has completed initial medicals and no action is required at this point. Most people seem to get either furtherance or medicals passed in about 10-15 days. Have you seen any cases that are kind of stuck like this?
don't worry, if he confirmed all good just check My CIC or E-case, I was waiting result around 3 weeks