+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

A1111

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
My dad is primary applicant and mom is dependant. Now that my parent PR decision is made and cic requested for passport , my question

1. i read in passport request email that for applicant in Canada can send to Ottawa, my dad is in India and mother is with me now - can i ask dad to send his passport to Delhi and get visa while mother passport ( dependant applicant ) to Ottawa?
2. After PR dad can visit me and get the landing separately? and how to make my mother landing if my dad (primary applicant get landed when he enter Canada?
3. Dad passport is valid only till 2021 - i knew PR will be given only till 2021. For renewal what will be process in future should i go through PGP program again or its different process for renewal when PR/passport expire?

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016,
I have some update for the spreadsheet. My parents received their requisition for IME today on My CIC. I never received a letter for DM which is alright & only got to know about it via eCAS. The updates are as follows,
Sponsor Decision made - March 7, 2019
IME Request - March 25, 2019
I am on line 173 of spreadsheet.
Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hi Yulia

I got Medical Request on March 25,2019. Got Medicals booked already for my parents for Tomorrow March 26,2019 in Toronto. Please update on Spreadsheet.

Also Please let me know Do they sent PCC request after medical or it is before medical request?

Thanks!
Aimhigher1

Line # 169

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi @YULIA-2016,
I have some update for the spreadsheet. My parents received their requisition for IME today on My CIC. I never received a letter for DM which is alright & only got to know about it via eCAS. The updates are as follows,
Sponsor Decision made - March 7, 2019
IME Request - March 25, 2019
I am on line 173 of spreadsheet.
Thanks
LVO please

A1111

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
My dad is primary applicant and mom is dependant. Now that my parent PR decision is made and cic requested for passport , my question

1. i read in passport request email that for applicant in Canada can send to Ottawa, my dad is in India and mother is with me now - can i ask dad to send his passport to Delhi and get visa while mother passport ( dependant applicant ) to Ottawa?
2. After PR dad can visit me and get the landing separately? and how to make my mother landing if my dad (primary applicant get landed when he enter Canada?
3. Dad passport is valid only till 2021 - i knew PR will be given only till 2021. For renewal what will be process in future should i go through PGP program again or its different process for renewal when PR/passport expire?
can anyone guide onthis please ?

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
can anyone guide onthis please ?
I am sure queries like has been answer before on this forum as I remember reading about it a couple of months ago. See my comment below to your queries.
1. Yes, you can send the passports separately to two different Visa Offices.
2. Yes, your parents can land separately. Primary applicant will have to land first and the dependent(s) can follow later which means you father willl fly in to Canada and then your mother can flagpole at the nearest border entry point or get an appointment from Government of Canada office to land within the border. I don't have much detail on this appointment process but previously on this forum someone has outlined the process in detail.
3. Your dad PR document will be valid for 5 years irrespective of passport validity. The PR document (a card) is issued after landing but the immigration visa which is stamped on the passport may follow validity of passport but not more than one year.

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Just checked the ecas and there's an update:

We sent you a letter on March 25, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Any one who have the same?

Something is really weird, I called the CIC and I was able to get hold of them (yay!!) My ecas status changed to Decision Made on February 11th and the representative told me that CIC sent correspondence on February 7th which I didn' received. He said he will send the Visa Officer to let them know that I didn't receive the letter.

Last edited:

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
Hi @YULIA-2016 The SA is now "Decision made" for me as of today morning. No change in mycic.

Waiting_Kills

Star Member
Apr 22, 2016
can go to Indian consulate, will get it in one day.
Can't. It's for my parents in India. We've received a PCC for my dad. Waiting for the PCC for my mom. The local police verification is done I guess. They need to send it back to the passport office. I'm hoping we still get it in time. If not, can I upload my dad's PCC and the acknowledgement of application for my mom?