+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
My parents did the medical exam and waiting for the biometrics.my mom is in Canada with a tourist visa.Does she need to go back home for the biometrics or she can do them in Canada?anyone that has already done?thks

Emmkay49

Sep 17, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016 ,
Recieved PPR .
One querry regarding self addressed prepaid xpress canada post enevelope for return of passports. Do i need to send seprate enevelopes for each passport. Though its clear i can send both passports in a single enevelope while sending passports for stamping from my end.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
My parents did the medical exam and waiting for the biometrics.my mom is in Canada with a tourist visa.Does she need to go back home for the biometrics or she can do them in Canada?anyone that has already done?thks
Biometrics cannot be done inside Canada.
The instruction letter from IRCC will suggest how to get them done.

In my case, they instructed that these can be done from the US or from home country only.
Hope this helps.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
So applications for my parents were transferred from Mississauga to London VO on Friday (22 Mar).

Today I got an AOR from the London VO stating they have received their application and that the pre-assessment and further processing will start now.

They mentioned in the AOR that the processing time for this office is 12 months and the time starts right when the application was initially submitted (Aug. 2nd week in my case). Let's see how true is that.

@YULIA-2016 , please update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: xilji and aajassani

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hi Friends,
My Application is at Singaporw VO. They have sent the acknowledge email that they have received it on Mar07, 2019. After that there is no email also ECAS/GCC has not changed anything. Ecas is showing my 'App Received' for Applicant and DM for Sponsor. I have already ordered PCC for home country and received it today asit takes time to get the pcc from there as well as we had to do it by someone else.

As they have not asked for PCC yet, should I wait for the request or should i just send it by using webform? Please advise from your experience.
Hi Fisahma
Please wait till they ask for the PCC.You still have 6 months of validity for PCC.

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hi Sukhi_boy,

I on the same boat. And I have a link to upload Proof of Upront Medical forms, which I don't have. I emailed them to verify if they received both Medical results and PCC, and if they still need that Proof of Upfront Medical. Yesterday, I received a reply saying "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. " Very disappointing, just wondering if anyone received response like that.

Also, today when I check my online account, it says"Replacement Overdue" beside the Proof of Upfront Medical field. Anyone has that as well?
If you have any receipt of the medical that you did earlier those are the docs they are looking for.So if you have any receipts from the doctor who did medical upload those receipt.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Biometrics cannot be done inside Canada.
The instruction letter from IRCC will suggest how to get them done.

In my case, they instructed that these can be done from the US or from home country only.
Hope this helps.
Hi,

At what stage cic ask for biometrics?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Not sure what is biometrics exactly means is. My mother was on Supervisa in Canada and everything was done here in Canada for her to get PR. I had to take her out of country (By Road US Side) and came back. They call it FLAG POLE. That was in March 2017

Thanks

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Not sure what is biometrics exactly means is. My mother was on Supervisa in Canada and everything was done here in Canada for her to get PR. I had to take her out of country (By Road US Side) and came back. They call it FLAG POLE. That was in March 2017

Thanks
Where did they do the biometrics?in canada or usa?If in canada where?

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
So applications for my parents were transferred from Mississauga to London VO on Friday (22 Mar).

Today I got an AOR from the London VO stating they have received their application and that the pre-assessment and further processing will start now.

They mentioned in the AOR that the processing time for this office is 12 months and the time starts right when the application was initially submitted (Aug. 2nd week in my case). Let's see how true is that.

@YULIA-2016 , please update the spreadsheet.

Thanks for sharing.
have you received this correspondence through email ? can you pls share London VO email address ?
my parents application is also transferred to London office since Jul 2018, but no separate AOR or correspondence received from them.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hi,

At what stage cic ask for biometrics?
In my case, Mississauga office requested the Biometrics. Right during the sponsorship approval stage.
Once the biometrics were submitted in the system, I got the sponsorship eligibility email and the file was transferred to the LVO.