Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Hi, could you share the contents of the" explanation letter indicating how generic last name such as "Singh" and "kaur" on birth certificates was common from where I am". Please urgent help needed. I am in the same boat for the death certificate of my grandfather where he doesnt have a last name. Also did it work for you ?
It worked for me.. I Wrote a letter of explanation and an affidavit..

Below are some facts that will help verify some questions or concerns you may have with the application.

(1) Names- My mother has a birth name on her passport (ABC KAUR) than the name that everyone calls her after marriage (ABC SINGH).
As it is customary in our region to add the suffix tag ‘KAUR’ for females for giving respect purpose after marriage, so her name was provided as SINGH in some of the documents. With this application I am enclosing her Notarized Affidavit declaration.

Affidavit :
Affidavit For One And The Same Person

I, ABC, Female, aged X years, W/o B, residing at ADDRESS do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as

under:

1. That my name is ABC as recorded in my Passport -CCCCCC.

2. That my name has been entered as BCD in my Spouse Passport, PAN Card.

3. That due to this many of my documents and records have the name ABC and many other

documents have the name BCD.

4. I state that ABC and the BCD are the names of one and the same person and that is

myself.

5. That there is no fraud or misrepresentation in making this affidavit by me.

6. That I am of sound mind and fully competent to make this application.

I am executing this declaration to be submitted to the concerned authorities for the change of name.

Verification

Verified at ........................................, on ......................................... That the contents in the above

affidavit is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No part of this affidavit is wrong

and nothing material has been concealed therefrom.

Deponent

Attested by Notary/ Advocate S.E.M./ Oaths Commissioner

Solemnly affirmed at .................................. on this ....... day of ..........................

Identified by me, Before me X.......................................

Advocate S.E.M./Oaths Commissioner/Notary Signature of the Deponent

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, could you share the contents of the" explanation letter indicating how generic last name such as "Singh" and "kaur" on birth certificates was common from where I am". Please urgent help needed. I am in the same boat for the death certificate of my grandfather where he doesnt have a last name. Also did it work for you ?
Hi,

Yes, it did work for me for birth certificate. I literally just explained that it is common to use Singh and kaur as last name instead of actual last names from where I am. That it is matter of preference. And as a proof, I attached my mom and dad’s Govt issued old and new IDs. Old ones such as PAN card had Singh and kaur as last names and new ones such as aadhar card have our actual last name.

My old PR card even had last name of Singh so I explained that as well in the letter further demonstrating common use of such last names. IRCC is aware of such practises I was told by call centre agent so just explain it and you should be fine.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Forum members please reply,

Is there anyone who didn’t get prearrival letter and got decision made ?

For parents already in Canada on supervisa or visitor visa, do they get prearrival also or only people coming to Canada from home country getting prearrival.

What comes first prearrival or decision made?
could you share your timeline??

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Application received July 2017
Medical done may 2017
Pcc sent July 2017
Procedural fairness letter in nov 2018 for medical issues
Medical passed almost two weeks ago
Decision made since Friday
No prearrival
i have the same question whether Pre-arrival is a must step for all applicants?

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
It's been more than a month now since the Sponsorship Application status has changed to Decision Made, 37 days to be exact. PR Application in Process.
I still haven't received any correspondence from the immigration yet.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Just saw Decision Made on Sponsorship Application status on ecas. I didn't receive any letter yet in email.
Still "IN Process" on Permanent Residence Application Status.
Line number 185

Is this a good sign ?

@YULIA-2016

Last edited:
Reactions: Cravethe6th

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi , I have a question related to family sponsorship (Sponsorship Evaluation).
I applying from Quebec . For pass a sponsorship evaluation I have to have family income 72k. I work on permanent position and my income is 60k , and my wife , she is student and her income from financial aide (loans and bursaries) is 13k. If it will be enough for pass with success Sponsorship Evaluation ?
Thanks in advance.
I don't think student loans and bursaries count as "income". You might want to check that out first. If your wife works a part time job, that's a different story. But, if she's a full time student with no part time job, it'll be hard to claim student loans as income.

evgenydym

Mar 18, 2019
I don't think student loans and bursaries count as "income". You might want to check that out first. If your wife works a part time job, that's a different story. But, if she's a full time student with no part time job, it'll be hard to claim student loans as income.
Thanks