+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

kone0801

May 26, 2018
My parent landed today. Thanks for everyone's help in this forum!

Some sharing if anyone's COPR is incorrect and needs to fix it.

I called CIC to confirm even though the COPR information is incorrect, the applicant can proceed to landing and change the information later. In our case, 3 places of the COPR are incorrect. The CIC representative confirmed it would not be a problem, and the border officer indeed didn't ask any question. The next step is to correct the COPR after landing.

CIC sent me an email with instruction. The web link is the procedure to fix the COPR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Correction of an immigration document

If you have been issued an immigration document with an error, we invite you to follow the applicable instructions below.

To correct an error on your Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688):

If you are already a permanent resident (PR):

you can submit an application to amend by mail,

we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

OR

If you received your document, but you have not yet met an immigration officer to become a PR:

please contact the office that sent you the document by using the IRCC Web form

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 my application status is still in process ( not decision made) . parents received pcc and IME request. is this normal?
so both sides "In Process", weird a little bit :D
if only no time to update, 200000 back log and 20000 are coming soon

Last edited:

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
@YULIA-2016 @Cravethe6th Que: I am expecting to receive medical soon, Que - Diabetic and Hypertension is issue with the medical? it is normal from 6-7 yrs, takes medicine to control and same medicine. any help
If those conditions have been stable for the past few years and no damage to other organs, it wouldn't be expected to cause an excessive demand on health or social services. For 2018, the excessive demand cost threshold was $19,812 per year or $99,060 over 5 years. It is not updated for 2019 yet.
However the officer has final say based on the medical results!

jassi2427

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2015
Nomination.....
15-May-2015
AOR Received.
02-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
28-APR-2016
Passport Req..
21-OCT-2016
good, when was IME request?
Hi, Actually i applied for my father's (PA) super visa last year and i submitted same medical confirmation to CIC through case specific inquiry. I am guessing this helped us to expedite the PR processing time. Also, we had submitted PCC's of India and Canada at the time of initial submissions. So there was no request made for medical and PCC from us.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Friends need your help. Please tell me the detailed steps to upload forms online. I want to upload the use of representative form online but was seeing errors.
Please list the steps. Thanks in advance.

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hello everyone
I have received the passport request email today. I just have a question. My parents won't be able to land before summer (in August). How long do they usually have time for landing ?

Reactions: YULIA-2016