+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

kjb007

Sep 10, 2015
Hi,
IRCC gives 60 days from invitation to submit documents. For Quebec residents, they have to apply to MIDI before, which takes 25 business days to provide acceptance letter.

Does anyone have any idea if the 60 days of IRCC start as from MIDI acceptance date?
Or you can send both application at the same time?
Or you wait for MIDI acceptance and then send to IRCC within 60 days?

Jaguar121

Feb 27, 2019
Hello all

Application received on 22 August, last night background check changed from not applicable to in process .... but all the 2 statuses remain IP .. any clue what are they up to ... also current status showed Application /profile updated for while but changed again to submitted.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
question:

After uploading the documents, how long usually does it take to change from "Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC " to some updated status on KC Key??

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi,
IRCC gives 60 days from invitation to submit documents. For Quebec residents, they have to apply to MIDI before, which takes 25 business days to provide acceptance letter.

Does anyone have any idea if the 60 days of IRCC start as from MIDI acceptance date?
Or you can send both application at the same time?
Or you wait for MIDI acceptance and then send to IRCC within 60 days?
Whoever told you this lied to you. You don't apply for Quebec until the federal government asks you to do it
The process is: apply for sponsorship to the federal government, get AOR1, later get Sponsor Approval, then you get an additional letter indicating that the file has been transferred to a local visa office (AOR2) and in that letter they invite you to submit an application to your provincial government, it's at this point when you apply to Quebec. It could easily be 6 to 12 months after AOR1 so don't stress about it, sponsoring a parent is according to the website a 20 to 24 months process so it's not fast and a lot of patience is required...
Hope this solves your doubt

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hello Seniors,

I have some concerns regarding my father's visa application. My parents PR application is in progress as of now and submitted last year under second round (line 191 - 2018). My dad's Super visa expired beginning of Feb this year and I would like to apply for his VISA renewals. Please advise of the following:

1) Would the current PR application have any bad influence on VO while reviewing the upcoming VISA application?
2) What are the chances of getting a regular visitor visa vs. super visa? (Previously was issued 4 years visa but he came to Canada once for less than 3 months as he is not often traveller due to family business)

Your response to this would be greatly appreciated as usual and very thank ful.

Thanks
L.S

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
question:

After uploading the documents, how long usually does it take to change from "Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC " to some updated status on KC Key??
You worry too much buddy. You've done your part and uploaded PCC to GCKey (I presumed). Now, it's IRCC part to do theirs. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you uploaded them. Even if the status hasn't changed to submitted, you can see the file names of PCC you uploaded. Take a chill pill and watch TV or something. It's better for your health.

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello Seniors,

I have some concerns regarding my father's visa application. My parents PR application is in progress as of now and submitted last year under second round (line 191 - 2018). My dad's Super visa expired beginning of Feb this year and I would like to apply for his VISA renewals. Please advise of the following:

1) Would the current PR application have any bad influence on VO while reviewing the upcoming VISA application?
2) What are the chances of getting a regular visitor visa vs. super visa? (Previously was issued 4 years visa but he came to Canada once for less than 3 months as he is not often traveller due to family business)

Your response to this would be greatly appreciated as usual and very thank ful.

Thanks
L.S
There shouldn't be any "bad" influence for visitor or super visa application from your PR application. Given your father's travel history and visa record, he has a very good chance of getting both TRV and super visa. But, as you probably know already, it's much faster to get super visa than TRV (visitor visa). They don't penalize people for staying shorter period than visa allows for. However, they do penalize people who overstayed in foreign countries than their visas allow.

Last edited:

Karry007

Oct 2, 2017
I received messages in online system, requesting PCC and Medical exam, but my SA still says in progress... Anyone in similar situation and knows what does this mean?
Any they also asked me to submit PCC by replying back to email they sent, but i didn't receive any emails...
AOR Nov.26th