+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
therefore, i got a question:

I submitted the Use of Representative after I linked the file to my mom's GCKey account, and I only have the access to my mom's account, but not mine since I forgot the password and security answer. Will the update be reflected to my mom's GCKEy account?
Yes, they will update it to your mom's A/C because her account is the only one that is linked to the current PGP application. Even if you have access to your own account, you won't see any updates because only one GCKey/MyCIC account can be linked to the current PGP application and your mom's account is linked to PGP application now. So, if you link it to your own account in the future, your mom will lose access to PGP updates.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi there - Boy this thread is long lol....Is there another thread for people that have actually applied for 2018? We received an invitation to apply for my MIL in July! (I thought we had not been selected and then got that in JULY!) We sent application by the deadline September as we had to gather some documents - we meet the income requirements no problem, last we heard was in December which was a letter stating that Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018.

Just wondering of there is somewhere to share timelines and see where everyone else who applied is at!

Thanks!
This forum covers a lot of applications including 2017-2018 and 2019. According to your timeline, you are 2018 second round applicant. We have a spreadsheet that covers applicants from 2018 including second round applications. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Jag49

Jul 2, 2013
I would be applying from Quebec in 2019, though I'm confused at what stage we apply for
1 Financial Evaluation?
2 CSQ?
3 Undertaking?

If someone who has applied last year could help would be helpful.

riyopenapples

Feb 8, 2019
Hi,
Just have a quick question. In the Philippines do we need to get NBI for that PCC?
Thanks
Yes. We applied for our NBI clearance yesterday and they said we could get it on March 5. Such a long wait! I suggest that you get NBI clearance ahead so that it would be ready on the day that your LVO requests for it.

Reactions: Gjs40

nirav870

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th june
AOR Received.
24th oct
Med's Request
24th december
Med's Done....
29th december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 december
VISA ISSUED...
wish god will give in feb'14
Guys:

If my parents were able to change their current address to Canadian address successfully in ecas, does this mean their case is going to be processed in Canada? LVO will be Ottawa? Correct me if I'm mistaken here. Thanks!

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yes. We applied for our NBI clearance yesterday and they said we could get it on March 5. Such a long wait! I suggest that you get NBI clearance ahead so that it would be ready on the day that your LVO requests for it.
Ohh i see. But what about the expiration date? I will advise my parents to get that NBI on Monday. Hopefully it’s not expired yet before LVO ask them to submit it. Thank you

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
the thing is in my case, so far GCkey seems lag behind, compared to ECAS. Ecas shows DM but GCKey shows still reviewing my eligibility.
Hi,
Did you receive email or mail yet re: Decision made? I called CIC 2x at first the guy told me that it is was sent on the GCkey account and that’s the only way to see it. I keep on linking to my account and my mom’s but we didn’t find that letter. I am also the representative so he told me about the decision which is i am approved as sponsor. The second day i called again and now i spoke with a lady. She told me that i will be receiving the decision either by mail or email and on my mom’s part she will be seeing it on her GCkey account. They are providing different information and until now I haven’t receive that decision letter.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi Everyone,

I got confirmation # for 2019 PGP. I had a few questions if some of you could answer with your experience:

1. For transation, my parents have their spanish PR cards sworn translated in Spain for their super visa in 2017. But the originals were not certified copes, were just regular photocopies.
Do I need to get certified copies of those, and the old translation along with it would work? Or just the old translation as well as the regular photocopy is sufficient?

2. For form #5669, do we have to provide addresses, employment information of parents for last 10 years or since their age of 18?

Thank you in advance!

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I got confirmation # for 2019 PGP. I had a few questions if some of you could answer with your experience:

1. For transation, my parents have their spanish PR cards sworn translated in Spain for their super visa in 2017. But the originals were not certified copes, were just regular photocopies.
Do I need to get certified copies of those, and the old translation along with it would work? Or just the old translation as well as the regular photocopy is sufficient?

2. For form #5669, do we have to provide addresses, employment information of parents for last 10 years or since their age of 18?

Thank you in advance!
1- copy with certified translation should be fine. I do not think PR copies need to be certified necessarily.
2- Read the questions carefully - for some you need to list all (ex. education, government positions held) without time limit, for others it is since 18 years of age or last 10 years, whichever is most recent. So for your parents that will mean last 10 years. Go slowly, it is not one requirement for all questions.

Jag49

Jul 2, 2013
I would be applying from Quebec in 2019, though I'm confused at what stage we apply for
1 Financial Evaluation?
2 CSQ?
3 Undertaking?

If someone who has applied last year could help would be helpful.
Anyone in this forum who applied from Quebec?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
1- copy with certified translation should be fine. I do not think PR copies need to be certified necessarily.
2- Read the questions carefully - for some you need to list all (ex. education, government positions held) without time limit, for others it is since 18 years of age or last 10 years, whichever is most recent. So for your parents that will mean last 10 years. Go slowly, it is not one requirement for all questions.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes i checked the form again, and it says.

"Provide the details of your personal history, since the age of 18 or past 10 years whichever is most recent"
"List all addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Do not use P.O. Box addresses"

So in my case only these two details are required, as my parents never held any govt./military positions, So for these 2 it means past 10 years should be OK? And Eductaion still I have to provide.
And also, i mentioned all their travels in the activity, but I did not provide address in the previous addresses for their very short/a week trips, provided just for the trips which are longer i.e. 2-3 months to Canada and home country.
Please advise if that's correct?